Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• what is Hitachi's MVP #17 name, age and how tall? She is powerfully built...maybe she will get a call to the senior nt soon?

She also looks like a hafu/hapa(Japanese or Asian mixed) person?

Her father is Kenyan, mother is Japanese. I think her built is that of a strong player with lots of power. If she's able to consistently tap into that this season, she should be able to make senior's team.

• Don't you guys think it's weird that Simone Lee scored 44 points but the Japanese media isn't eating it up. I saw headlines with Drews and I think Victorina's foreign player but nothing about Simone. If it wasn't for WoV reporting it I wouldn't have known

• Don't you guys think it's weird that Simone Lee scored 44 points but the Japanese media isn't eating it up. I saw headlines with Drews and I think Victorina's foreign player but nothing about Simone. If it wasn't for WoV reporting it I wouldn't have known

According to the stats, Simone is 36/116 after two games. What's the WoV link?

• According to the stats, Simone is 36/116 after two games. What's the WoV link?

https://worldofvolley.com/Late…lay-of-201920-finals.html

"The 24-year-old US National Team member Simone Lee made a display for long memory. She put down 44 points (6 blocks) in the five-set win of the Kurobe AquaFairies over the PFU Bluecats in the first round of the 2020/21 V.League Division 1 Women regular season!"

• https://worldofvolley.com/Late…lay-of-201920-finals.html

"The 24-year-old US National Team member Simone Lee made a display for long memory. She put down 44 points (6 blocks) in the five-set win of the Kurobe AquaFairies over the PFU Bluecats in the first round of the 2020/21 V.League Division 1 Women regular season!"

:) I don't know what to say. Here's the stats to that match

56/19/4 and 3 blocks = 22 points. WoV is seeing double?

• Victorina's skirts look uncomfortable as hell. The design is awful and unnecessary. It looks like it restricts motion. I can't remember which NT had a similar skirt uniform before but it was such a bad idea because the girls struggled to run

• Nagaoka appeared on NHK news tonight and it was also confirmed on the show that she's lined up for 20 more tv features following her performance this season. Not including the documentaries that will be aired about her.

Basically extra pressure for her to do well... as if Nakada sitting tight in Hisamitsu's VIP area isn't enough.

She will also be filling in for Yuki Ishikawa on some TBS program next month

Can she hit 20+ points later on hmmm

• i still don't get hisamitsu's formation. when are they planning on utilizing foluke? they miscalculated with their starters in that JT match and it should've been a foluke-nagaoka combo. also zayasu was useless in the match, way too slow to react. they need another libero alongside mana toe

• I think barring any injuries, JT will sweep.

Seems so, but I think the only injury they wouldn't survive is Aki (maybe Mako). They have skilled players and great team spirit. Likely JT v SAGA in the Final.

• Victorina's skirts look uncomfortable as hell. The design is awful and unnecessary. It looks like it restricts motion. I can't remember which NT had a similar skirt uniform before but it was such a bad idea because the girls struggled to run

Brazil wears flappier skorts. More like mini-aprons. This is just Himeji being Himeji. They have workshops teaching the girls how to walk in high heels. They're quite femmy in their approach (if a little outdated) . Stylin'

--What was your impression of wearing the skort uniform in the actual battle?

Sadakane: I'm glad that I was able to show a new attempt at the opening round.

Kanasugi: At first, I was fluttering and there were some parts that were difficult to do, but I gradually got used to it (laughs).

Aratani: There were some embarrassing parts at first, but I didn't mind when the match started.

Sakurai: I'm glad that I was able to try something that other teams haven't tried. I wanted to hear your impressions.

Tanaka: I thought it was surprisingly easy to move because it grew well (laughs).

I wonder if the libero wore one :/

Source

• Kitsui Rising. Yoshino is over. Okayama gets destroyed

I saw the end of the Saitama v Kurobe match, and watched the highlights (I think you thought you linked). It could be good or bad for Yoshino having Uchiseto on the team. Uchiseto will either make her look bad, and consequently feel bad, or she'll find inspiration. Uchiseto's got more jump, she swings harder, and she's way better at reception. This could be Ishikawa and Kurogo version 2.0 :box:8o

• i still don't get hisamitsu's formation. when are they planning on utilizing foluke? they miscalculated with their starters in that JT match and it should've been a foluke-nagaoka combo. also zayasu was useless in the match, way too slow to react. they need another libero alongside mana toe

Foluke is getting up to speed as are many of the foreigners. They've had to make it past quarantine and let alone did as much work as they could before getting to Japan.

• I saw the end of the Saitama v Kurobe match, and watched the highlights (I think you thought you linked). It could be good or bad for Yoshino having Uchiseto on the team. Uchiseto will either make her look bad, and consequently feel bad, or she'll find inspiration. Uchiseto's got more jump, she swings harder, and she's way better at reception. This could be Ishikawa and Kurogo version 2.0 :box:8o

I saw the highlight too. I was even confused why yoshino was the player of the game? In fact uchiseto was the top scorer and had higher percentage when it comes to service receive than yoshino. She is probably pressured or maybe it's her off game? Everything about what she does on that game was a mess. Horie was even asked to receive and cover yoshino in some rotation 😂

• Watching the Opening night Hitachi v Himeji match. This is a stream that they "fixed". It's far better looking than the Hitachi v Toyota match. Same Arena, cameras and crew. Which answers my question. The equipment and crew are with the Arena. Hitachi's Home Adastria Mito Arena is a good one.

Anyway, When Miya Sato comes on court near the end of the 2nd set, she looks like a movie star. Beautiful, fit, and an adult. I swooned

Hitachi 3-2 Himeji

25-16

22-25

21-25

25-20

15-12

108–98

The other thing you notice right away about Miya Sato is that Miwako Osanai has a sweet spot and Miya knows where it is. The graceful, twenty year old Ruriko Uesaka looks better. Hannah Tapp gets in a HULK SMASH. I don't know what Hitachi's doing with the other setter.

Cute Rookie alert on Rui Nonaka. One of those kids who is genuinely happy to get a serve sub :rose:

I felt bad rooting against them on their home court with good lighting on opening night. But Himeji are the beautiful people doing good work for the league. They enjoy milk.

The two players I like did well:

Saki Tanaka, lefty OP; plays like a 9-baller : 16/27

Chihiro Sasaki, aggressive MB with an expensive haircut : 9/15

The two players I don't like, didn't:

Riho Sadakane, Captain; inexplicable : 1/9

Kano Miyaji, Shimokitazawa Seitoku loser; sorry : 1/14

Yuka Kanasugi looks to be in better shape, played well.

• Can someone translate the part where they were asking Kobata, Akutagawa, Shibata, Hayashi and Jahstice at the panel? This is literally the only team I'm invested on at the V.League lol.