Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• Do they really have to be quarantined for 14 days? Couldn't they be tested after 5-6 days (recommended time for testing after possible exposure)?

it is government’s call on this. In Japan, as a foreigner there are sometimes you can get around the rules (within reason). This one, just getting into the country, is not too much to ask. Plus, as a foreigner you have to register with the local government (you have to carry a card with you which states that you are legally in Japan to live and work and are registered where you live). As a tourist you carry your passport. In Japan people follow rules, and her teammates would probably freak out if they tried to break out of the quarantine.

Just to give an example, people flying into Japan as a foreigner have to be tested upon arrival, and then you cannot take a train or a taxi, by current rules. So things that I would normally do as a tourist cannot be done right now. A shuttle bus or personal car could be taken to a hotel or home after passing the checks. So Annie or Hanna were more than likely picked up by the team and driven to their homes for the season.

• I know who Saitama's western import is and I don't like it.

aww come on, man :rolll:

• is Foluke confirmed to play for Hisamitsu?

Not by the team or the league

• I don't think it has been posted already, but Indre Sorokaite confirmed she's going to play for Toyota in an interview a few days ago

Can you post the source for that? I know there was one of those "It is learned" blog posts out there recently, but what's weird is she has been removed from transfers/Toyota over at volleybox and they love a good rumor over there.

• I love Neriman, but I don't want her in Kawasaki It would be chaos and dismemberment for the Gold Medal Fan Service winners of this lock down

• Where did that come from?

Fear!

The first Neriman rumor was "Tokyo". I fear it may come true.

When Jaja says Neriman isn't going to play with Saitama it could just be a cover because she's not authorized to speak on the record. But when sneaky werka with his back channel private parties says he's not happy with who he's heard is going to Saitama I take it as putting the rumor to bed.

I don't think Neriman is going to GSS Tokyo Sunbeams, so Tokyo->Kawasaki->NEC :(

I hope I'm wrong

• I don't think santiago will cover up and lie about the foreigner. She might not be updated or she is telling the truth. But no confirmation yet from neriman if she is really playing with nec or ageo. I think it's nec because they are the only team who doesn't have foreign player so far.

• nec ... are the only team who doesn't have foreign player so far.

Himeji doesn't have a foreigner yet

• huge pressure for Nagaoka, Aratani headlining for Victorina and that quiet girl from JT whose name I really don't know. Especially crucial for Nagaoka since Nakada is counting on her regardless of her condition and will never settle for Nomoto. Dark horse would probably be another girl whose name I don't know from Saitama, the one included in the recent red and white match. And of course future Araki, Yamada from NEC.

• huge pressure for Nagaoka, Aratani headlining for Victorina and that quiet girl from JT whose name I really don't know. Especially crucial for Nagaoka since Nakada is counting on her regardless of her condition and will never settle for Nomoto. Dark horse would probably be another girl whose name I don't know from Saitama, the one included in the recent red and white match. And of course future Araki, Yamada from NEC.

Yuri Yoshino from Saitama and... are you referring to Aika Akutagawa from JT?

imo Nagaoka's strength hasn't diminished. Clearly needs polishing but the force + speed is still the same. and despite her saying she's only at 50% I think she's fed up with being a supporter and craves court action otherwise she would have already retired during her first injury.

• Yuri Yoshino from Saitama and... are you referring to Aika Akutagawa from JT?

imo Nagaoka's strength hasn't diminished. Clearly needs polishing but the force + speed is still the same. and despite her saying she's only at 50% I think she's fed up with being a supporter and craves court action otherwise she would have already retired during her first injury.

No, not Akutagawa. A wing spiker who's probably relatively new? I'm not sure. She doesn't stand out per se but she's got incredible swing. As for Nagaoka, I don't doubt her ability, she's always been super strong but we don't know her true condition which is the worse part

• No, not Akutagawa. A wing spiker who's probably relatively new? I'm not sure. She doesn't stand out per se but she's got incredible swing. As for Nagaoka, I don't doubt her ability, she's always been super strong but we don't know her true condition which is the worse part

I think you're referring to Kotona Hayashi?