Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• sitenoise you were spot on about Hamamatsu and Araki. TBS just did a shoutout on their performance today

One thing I noticed about Araki last night is that when duty calls she can actually set the ball pretty well. That's cool.

• The VTV replay of Hitachi v Himeji was up for a short time last night but never played properly. Then they took it offline. At present none of the VTV matches are available VOD. The PFU v Kurobe match was remote, so no spectators. The sad part is that none of this is surprising.

• I stumbled upon this video from Gaora TV which has the bits Phoenix posted from Nakada about The 3 power players. Then a long bit about Kana Yoshioka. The "beautiful Kana Yoshioka" they call her. I don't know about that but at least she's comfortable doing an interview. She's with Kanasugi, who is also at ease. That's refreshing and I'm sure it's a factor in Himeji's recruiting process, stylin' trailblazers that they are.

It's hosted by some dude and Maiko Kano who looks an awful lot like a blond Yuki Ishii to me

• V.League is like Japan at International competitions:

Okayama = Japan

JT = China

SAGA = Serbia

Denso = Brazil

Toray = Russia

NEC = Turkey

Saitama = NED

Toyota = Italy

Hitachi = Germany

Himeji = Belgium

Kurobe = Bulgaria

PFU = Kazakhstan

• ?? :rolll::rolll::rolll:

• Don't be dissing Brazil like that....Netherlands might be right for Denso. Saitama, I'd probably go Thailand as you they may surprise or not do anything.

• Don't be dissing Brazil like that....Netherlands might be right for Denso. Saitama, I'd probably go Thailand as you they may surprise or not do anything.

:) No diss intended. I was thinking of last year's Denso if that's any consolation. I didn't know where to put Korea or Thailand, didn't want to diss them with Kurobe or PFU. Actually Hitachi could be either Korea or Thailand. Scrappy.

• When you sign up the vtv will you still be able to watch previous games?

If you pay you can watch every match from the past 4-5 years. BUT, as for the present season, the VTV broadcasted matches are (usually) available a couple hours after the match ends, whereas you have to wait 30 days to watch the DAZN broadcasted matches, like the JT-OK and SAGA-Denso matches from last night

• If you pay you can watch every match from the past 4-5 years. BUT, as for the present season, the VTV broadcasted matches are (usually) available a couple hours after the match ends, whereas you have to wait 30 days to watch the DAZN broadcasted matches, like the JT-OK and SAGA-Denso matches from last night

Is there anywhere to get the VODs free? Or is it with the VTV subscription?

• Is there anywhere to get the VODs free? Or is it with the VTV subscription?

you need a subscription

• The fact that most imports are Americans and no USA comparison has been made is sending me...

• The fact that most imports are Americans and no USA comparison has been made is sending me...

I'm not sure of that relevance, or where it's sends you, but yeah, I didn't like not including USA. Missed DOM and Poland, too, not to mention the other Asian teams. I tried USA with Denso, Saitama, and NEC but chose the ones I chose instead. And I didn't want to include USA in the Challenge 4 just for inclusion.

What Japan V.League team would you line up with USA ? JT would kinda work but I think China works better. The problem with USA, for me, was I think of them as a super athletic NT, and don't think of any V.League teams like that.

In the end it was a fanciful post meant to point out that Okayama's battle here is a lot like the Japan NT's battle. Everything else is cookie dough

• I'm not sure of that relevance, or where it's sends you, but yeah, I didn't like not including USA. Missed DOM and Poland, too, not to mention the other Asian teams. I tried USA with Denso, Saitama, and NEC but chose the ones I chose instead. And I didn't want to include USA in the Challenge 4 just for inclusion.

What Japan V.League team would you line up with USA ? JT would kinda work but I think China works better. The problem with USA, for me, was I think of them as a super athletic NT, and don't think of any V.League teams like that.

In the end it was a fanciful post meant to point out that Okayama's battle here is a lot like the Japan NT's battle. Everything else is cookie dough

For the sake of comparison, I think USA is close to JT the most. The libero disparity is glaring, though.

• Wow! The Hitachi v Toyota VTV match is 1080p and smooth :obey:

but I'll gladly trade it for any JT SAGA stream

• There's no commentary or Score Bug -- details details.

Sorokaite is online and looks very comfortable. No Porpun