Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• In a way I'm a little relieved Saga doesn't have a match next week but also kinda sad that Nagaoka's comeback is officially a bust. Whew they really blew it.

The way she played a full set in a match against Kurobe and still lost ...that hit different and I still can't get over it lol. Maybe Miyu will just be benched for the rest of the 2nd leg:gone: I would still like to see her have her moment though.

Do you remember when Joe Horie said that Shinnabe was just saving face from another humiliating defeat by retiring early. I think that's what got him sacked from being Sportiva's photographer. But now we know he was definitely talking about Shinnabe not wanting to go through V.League anymore

• Do you remember when Joe Horie said that Shinnabe was just saving face from another humiliating defeat by retiring early. I think that's what got him sacked from being Sportiva's photographer. But now we know he was definitely talking about Shinnabe not wanting to go through V.League anymore

Risa values her pride. She also clearly doesn't like being upstaged by Ishii. Miyu is the same but she's seeking redemption before she retires.

I know Miyu is close to Yuki but their fans absolutely hate each other. I noticed it's been that way since Kimura retired and the race for the next ace was on. That's why Saga mostly promotes Miyu with Nana lol and rarely MiYuki

I don't know if it's the same way with AiMayu.

• I don't think I want to know about this stuff :) Poor Shion she's just a kid. She should stay off the tweetbox. I really dislike that environment.

We watch these matches and are perplexed about SAGA's performance, maybe make a snarky comment here, but to go to someone's personal space and troll, or whatever ... I just don't get the appeal of that.

My favorite thing about following Japan volleyball is that there is no drama -- unless I go looking for it, I guess :lol:

• As far as I know all Yuki Ishii does is play volleyball, paint her toenails, and drive to Okayama for all-you-can-eat meat. Does she say stupid shit on the tweetbox? Why do people hate her so much? Do they think she lobbies to get her picture in promo ads? I doubt that, but I don't know.

• Look, no one was on Saori Kimura’s level. Koga was supposed to be the next one in 2015, but she is still a step below that level. Shinnabe was a rock, but never going to outscore everyone. As the opposite Nagaoka could carry an offense but not the passing portion of the team.

Ishii is probably closer to Saori’s level but still not there either.

Kurogo is probably closer, but I am going with Mayu Ishikawa. Learning from her brother experiences. Still height is going to be a problem for her.

I guess everyone forgets that basically Hisamitsu was essentially the national team after London to Rio. Excluding Kimura and Sakoda and Araki.

• Look, no one was on Saori Kimura’s level. Koga was supposed to be the next one in 2015, but she is still a step below that level. Shinnabe was a rock, but never going to outscore everyone. As the opposite Nagaoka could carry an offense but not the passing portion of the team.

Ishii is probably closer to Saori’s level but still not there either.

Kurogo is probably closer, but I am going with Mayu Ishikawa. Learning from her brother experiences. Still height is going to be a problem for her.

I guess everyone forgets that basically Hisamitsu was essentially the national team after London to Rio. Excluding Kimura and Sakoda and Araki.

There's an extreme reaction to Hisamitsu right now precisely because they were the golden team. Who is their head coach? I thought it would be Shun.

Ishii is not ace level. She can't carry a team and her reception has regressed significantly. Right now, the strongest bet would be Mayu if you pair her up with Nagaoka and Kurogo in attack it will be reinforced

• There's an extreme reaction to Hisamitsu right now precisely because they were the golden team. Who is their head coach? I thought it would be Shun.

Ishii is not ace level. She can't carry a team and her reception has regressed significantly. Right now, the strongest bet would be Mayu if you pair her up with Nagaoka and Kurogo in attack it will be reinforced

Toyokihara is still Kumi Nakada's assistant. Head coach is Shingo Sakai since late 2016

• I'm strongly against ishii as the headliner. It's a big fat no. She had her shot back then and if she really was close to Kimura she could have easily overshadowed Kimura but she couldn't even overshadow Nagaoka in their prime.

Koga has the height, the experience, she's a lot more powerful than Ishii, and she recently got her groove back. Mayu might take it to a whole different level during VNL or you know Kurogo reaches a new peak then Japan will have their mint headliner.

• There's always Yuri Yoshino the new "power player" according to Nakada =O

• she does look a bit like mayu. hannah seems to be closest to her within the team

Hannah is a great team mate. Always up. She pats everyone on the butt in a professional manner

• Hannah is a great team mate. Always up. She pats everyone on the butt in a professional manner

she's like the class clown x cool sister of the bunch. uesaka and that other chibi girl are usually the clowns. hannah brings in a different energy.

i peeped their weird "natsu's room" thing on twitter and i get the vibe that kubota is a geek but a cute one. in one part she was trying to explain about molecules

• she's like the class clown x cool sister of the bunch. uesaka and that other chibi girl are usually the clowns. hannah brings in a different energy.

i peeped their weird "natsu's room" thing on twitter and i get the vibe that kubota is a geek but a cute one. in one part she was trying to explain about molecules

lmao KUBOTA IS SO CUTE

• i get the vibe that kubota is a geek but a cute one. in one part she was trying to explain about molecules

:rolll:

• Another good google translated word salad post-match (Toray / Himeji) interview at vbm. It seems like the interviewer is asking Toray if they are trying extra hard to win every game in case the V.League gets shut down because of increasing coronavirus and they just go with the rankings at that time =O

That's the first I've ever heard anything like that. There are a few teams (Toyota, PFU, Saitama) that are holding "remote" only matches (non-spectator), but beyond that things appear to be going along swimmingly. IIRC there was a Toray staff member who tested positive -- don't quote me on that -- but beyond that I haven't heard of any positive cases connected to anybody related to V1 or V2.

Maybe a poor translation

• Continuing to bang the Kawasaki Red Rockets drum. They're collaborating with HELLO KITTY for their final home game. Sarina Koga and Nanami Hirose designed face towels, tote bags, and other trinkets to give away and sell.

SAGA may have the loudest fans on Tweeterbag, but Red Rockets fans are the ones who fill seats at a SAGA home game in Fukuoka :cheesy: