Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• the 1 set implies that it is the first set. The lines on the side of each team would be who won which set. In theory if it went 5, you’d see two lines on each side of the scorebug.

On the V.TV scorebug it will be under the team names.

• the 1 set implies that it is the first set. The lines on the side of each team would be who won which set. In theory if it went 5, you’d see two lines on each side of the scorebug.

On the V.TV scorebug it will be under the team names.

I was asking about the Japanese text that's under where it says "1Set" and has a yellow upward triangle next to it

• I didn't watch from VTV. I watched from a QQ stream and I just know it's Sakoda cuz of her bumpkin accent

Plus there were like 5 different announcers including Mai Yamaguchi for nanaspo

Kano for Gaora

• I didn't watch from VTV. I watched from a QQ stream and I just know it's Sakoda cuz of her bumpkin accent

Ah! I imagine QQ streamed it from Gaora. Did you notice the Gaora logo in the upper right of the screen? As pictured in the screenshot a few posts up?

• I don't think I noticed. they had that penguin logo on top

Indeed, that's often why it's there, to cover the broadcast logo. Well .... it was a fun treasure hunt :drink:

• I thought Tominaga already retired :pinch:

I didn't see anything at that instagram. Does it say something about her being pregnant? :) I wasn't paying attention to the photo

• It's nice to see him and Nakada hanging out. I don't remember her and Ferhat doing the buddy dance. I'm sure they are inquiring about Kaneda :rose:

Kawamoto talking to Nakada and Aihara

Appears Coach Lovebuuny is going to commentate one of the College matches tonight. Maybe, or something. They don't usually have commentary

All Japan Volleyball University Women's Championship Round 3

[C Court]

[Live] Ryoya Umeno (Graduate School of the University of Tokyo)

[Commentary] Noboru Aihara (Senior Women's Japan National Team Coach and U-20 Women's Japan National Team Director)

[1st Match] Kobe Shinwa Women's University vs Kaya Physical Education University
    [1st 2 matches] Japan Women's College of Physical Education vs. Kinjo University

• Somehow Kurobe took it to the NoSmilers

Kurobe 55% - Okayama 45%

Not so Legendary anymore Forest Leaves is the only V2 team left and they are winning. A great match!

Forest Leaves 55% - Himeji 45%

Remaining Quarterfinal matches:

Saitama -

NEC -

JT -

Toray -

• Remember, the two best teams in the league are playing a special night time match tomorrow night, or whenever, according to your timezone , 2020.12.04 18:30 Japan Time. That's 1:30am for me :(

There's going to be whoopin' and hollerin' and Hello Kitty handouts, Dom Dom burgers where "the loin cutlet is thick and excellent in response to eating!", and local craft brewskis.

I wish I could be there

• I was asking about the Japanese text that's under where it says "1Set" and has a yellow upward triangle next to it

brahmin already answered, but just to make it clearer, セットポイント (the text itself) means "set point".

セ(se) ット(tto) ポ(po) イ(i) ン(n) ト(to) if you're ever interested in learning some katakana!

• brahmin already answered, but just to make it clearer, セットポイント (the text itself) means "set point".

セ(se) ット(tto) ポ(po) イ(i) ン(n) ト(to) if you're ever interested in learning some katakana!

I had to duckduckgo "katakana". The first two paragraphs of the Wiki page landed like an explanation of Black Holes :) But I get the gist, like I get the gist of Black Holes.

Those characters you typed look like the "alternative" Japanese script. The one I think of as the one they use when offering a phonetic spelling/pronunciation? Sometimes I see players as, for example, 藤井 寧々/フジイ ネネ.

• What game is that?

I don't know why they are doing it on a school day at night, but it's some Kawasaki Home Game Party with all the amenities mentioned. And Himeji are going to beat them :P

• I had to duckduckgo "katakana". The first two paragraphs of the Wiki page landed like an explanation of Black Holes :) But I get the gist, like I get the gist of Black Holes.

Those characters you typed look like the "alternative" Japanese script. The one I think of as the one they use when offering a phonetic spelling/pronunciation? Sometimes I see players as, for example, 藤井 寧々/フジイ ネネ.

pretty much, but don't quote me on that because I never studied formally lmao but it's usually used to simplify kanji, which are the most intricate characters (like 藤井 寧々), or to write sentences that are in foreign languages (mostly English, like the "set point" example)