Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• What do you think about the best foreigners in the league based on their overall performance and which one had 'disappointing season'?

• What do you think about the best foreigners in the league based on their overall performance and which one had 'disappointing season'?

Here's a ranking of both foreign/local players if you're interested https://www.vleague.jp/record?round_id=303. You can also see the current club rankings

Kulan

Simone Lee

Drews

Roslandy Acosta

with the top scores, in that order

Sorokaite is definitely a disappointment but Toyota probably has the worse setter (and libero)

• Thanks for reply!

It is the first time I see a statistics about backrow attack 😅 what does green card mean?

I didn't see name of Neriman in any of the statistics:what:

• Thanks for reply!

It is the first time I see a statistics about backrow attack 😅 what does green card mean?

IIRC Neriman joined her team late and missed several games at the beginning. The site says that a player needs to play in at least 67% of her team's overall sets in order to appear in these rankings. I think this might be the reason.

• IIRC Neriman joined her team late and missed several games at the beginning. The site says that a player needs to play in at least 67% of her team's overall sets in order to appear in these rankings. I think this might be the reason.

It makes sense! Thanks

Is any of the foreigners receive or do they all play attackers without reception?

• It makes sense! Thanks

Is any of the foreigners receive or do they all play attackers without reception?

Acosta receive s

• Thanks for reply!

A green card is when they’re going to call a challenge and a player says no “I touched it“

martiniuc can’t even crack the Himeji rotation.

• A green card is when they’re going to call a challenge and a player says no “I touched it“

Awesome! I liked this, i hope they would use it in international tournaments as well

• What a drag. Looks like we get no stats for those Wink Gym matches. I wonder how that's going to effect player stats :/

• serdar now that I think about it, Plummer also receives a little :) Just looked and she has 52 touches, 22 excellents, 21 errors. She's never going to move to get a ball but she isn't fully hidden the way others are. I think she has nice technique.

Acosta is a main receiver and not bad at it.

• serdar now that I think about it, Plummer also receives a little :) Just looked and she has 52 touches, 22 excellents, 21 errors. She's never going to move to get a ball but she isn't fully hidden the way others are. I think she has nice technique.

Acosta is a main receiver and not bad at it.

Kulan was receiving while she was playing in Turkey and surprisingly, she was good at it. I can imagine her team wants her focus on offense.

Does Neriman receive or is she playing as a regular Opp?

• Kulan was receiving while she was playing in Turkey and surprisingly, she was good at it. I can imagine her team wants her focus on offense.

Does Neriman receive or is she playing as a regular Opp?

Neriman has a bagel in reception. She's not an OP, certainly not regular. But she plays defense at least. Swift girl that she is. I think in Japan, these big swingers don't 'not-receive' so they can focus on attack but because they aren't as good at reception. Why bother? I'm not onboard with the notion that reception is a hindrance to attack. Seems like the receiver is more often than not the person who attacks the ball, like the rhythm is better. I dunno.

• Neriman has a bagel in reception. She's not an OP, certainly not regular. But she plays defense at least. Swift girl that she is. I think in Japan, these big swingers don't 'not-receive' so they can focus on attack but because they aren't as good at reception. Why bother? I'm not onboard with the notion that reception is a hindrance to attack. Seems like the receiver is more often than not the person who attacks the ball, like the rhythm is better. I dunno.

No matter how good receiver one is, it is always harder to attack the ball right after receiving because mostly the hitter goes too far back or too front to receive the ball and then it ruins the timing and steps. That's why the front hitter is aimed by servers even though she is better receiver

Neriman is not a terrible receiver and his attack from zone 4 is better than zone 2 so I expect him not to play as a regular Opp

• No matter how good receiver one is, it is always harder to attack the ball right after receiving because mostly the hitter goes too far back or too front to receive the ball and then it ruins the timing and steps. That's why the front hitter is aimed by servers even though she is better receiver

Neriman is not a terrible receiver and his attack from zone 4 is better than zone 2 so I expect him not to play as a regular Opp

I understand the theory you suggest, especially the part of who the server aims at, but there's a difference in how quickly 170cm recovers from a reception than 190cm? And I've never seen a Japanese player "wind up" before they start running the way big people do.

Another thing is that big people seem to like to control the rhythm of their attack more, so if you take reception off the table, the setter tosses, and the attacker has control of the rhythm. In Japan when a person receives, they start their approach right away, the setter has it on radar and it's a consensual rhythm leading to contact. At least that's what it looks like to me. I see it all the time. And it's groovy. I dig it, man :P

• Damn, not only no stats, but the Himeji SAGA replay is whack. 24 minutes long for a 5 set. I was looking forward to seeing my girls take down the exiled queens again. I'm sure they will fix it. I hope.

• We got stats and replay for Himeji/SAGA :thumbup: (edit- spoke too soon, no video for Himeji yet :thumbdown:

I'm sure the NEC/JT stats will arrive soon.

Was nice to see Imamura back on court. She was leading scorer with 19, 2, 3. Nomoto was right behind her with 21, 0, 0 (35% in reception for the Nomoto haters :kiss:

Foluke 13/21 and 6 blocks. Sakai was main setter. I thought she might use Foluke more than the Inoue has been. 21 swings in 5 sets is not enough for Foluke.

On the Himejji side their middles were Sasaki 15/25 and Aratani 7/15. Not too shabby.

• On the Okayama front. Seriously WTF are they doing? :rolll:

• Who else has smoke machines, or giant vapes, or whatever these party tools are?

:super: