Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• 😂😂😂 But she was kinda vibracious during her NCAA days. However she was always “game-on” kinda girl. Nothing fancy, just get on court, play her heart out and get the job done.

Getting the job done for sure but Plummer looking more worn out than any other player tbh. She doesn't look energetic but you know she wants destroy the opponent kind of vibes.

• Anyway Kudo and Matsui seem to be the star of the day as per Denso's player comment and that V League clip. Matsui being a sly fox after Araki's back to back auto attack.

• But I am so here for PFU.

I'm hearing murmurs of Melissa Valdes heading PFU way

• Anyway Kudo and Matsui seem to be the star of the day as per Denso's player comment and that V League clip. Matsui being a sly fox after Araki's back to back auto attack.

I didn't see the Tie Break because the stream died, but Plummer was having a mediocre match at best up till then. It was great to see Matsui get more than double sub time. Coach gave her the match after the first set. And Kudo didn't come on until set 2. Matsui was feeding her a lot, but the beauty was Matsui to Yokota.

Funny thing about Matsui, whom I love to death, I'm not sure she reads the defense and decides where to feed. I think she just likes feeding middle blockers and back court attackers, so her palette is large. And she plays great defense.

• Individual Awards

Award

Player Team Stat

# of Times

Top Scorer

Jana Kulan

Toray Arrows

436 Total Points

2nd time

Spike Award

Haruyo Shimamura

NEC Red Rockets

51.7% Kill Rate

1st time

Block Award

Foluke Akinradewo & Erika Araki

SAGA & Toyota

.81 Blocks/set

2nd time & 2nd time

Serve Award

Misaki Yamauchi

NEC Red Rockets

15.6% Serve Effect Rate

1st time

Receive Award

Mako Kobata

JT Marvelous

68.3% Reception

1st time

You go Girls :drink:

• Three sets of Semifinals next Saturday JST

SAT 20 Feb 2021 What Where
    12:30 Toray v Denso

Top Guns

Ota Ward, Tokyo - Ota Ward Gym

12:30 Saitama v Hitachi

5–8th Place SF

Ageo City, Saitama - Saitama Budokan

12:30 Toyota v Himeji

Challenge 4 SF

Hitachi City, Ibaraki - Ikenokawa Sakura Arena (remote)

15:30 JT v NEC

Top Guns

Ota Ward, Tokyo - Ota Ward Gym

15:30 Okayama v SAGA

5–8th Place SF

Ageo City, Saitama - Saitama Budokan

15:30 PFU v Kurobe

Challenge 4 SF

Hitachi City, Ibaraki - Ikenokawa Sakura Arena (remote)

• I didn't see the Tie Break because the stream died, but Plummer was having a mediocre match at best up till then. It was great to see Matsui get more than double sub time. Coach gave her the match after the first set. And Kudo didn't come on until set 2. Matsui was feeding her a lot, but the beauty was Matsui to Yokota.

Funny thing about Matsui, whom I love to death, I'm not sure she reads the defense and decides where to feed. I think she just likes feeding middle blockers and back court attackers, so her palette is large. And she plays great defense.

would you say Matsui focuses more on MBs and Tashiro more on spikers? I wasn't familiar with their new MB but I have noticed that she's really doing the most

Shimamura hard on that kill rate more than she did blocking. Giving way to Yamada this season?

• Kurobe just announced that the possible player from last weekend with a fever did not test positive for Covid-19. So just a cold then. If they had tested positive then I wonder if Kurobe could have played in the playoffs this coming weekend?

• Kurobe just announced that the possible player from last weekend with a fever did not test positive for Covid-19. So just a cold then. If they had tested positive then I wonder if Kurobe could have played in the playoffs this coming weekend?

Wait, did I miss that? Kurobe cancelled last weekend. I didn't see an announcement for them and the Playoffs

[Edit] ok, I misread your post. You were wondering

• would you say Matsui focuses more on MBs and Tashiro more on spikers? I wasn't familiar with their new MB but I have noticed that she's really doing the most

Shimamura hard on that kill rate more than she did blocking. Giving way to Yamada this season?

We haven't seen much of Matsui this year. I think she's never gotten more than the double sub time. But in college, like most college girls, she did serve her middles a lot. Last match Matsui to Yokota was hot:!:

Shimamura kills, Yamada blocks.

• A HS player move worth noting:

Manami Koyama has joined JT Marvelous. I wouldn't be surprised if she is picked as one of youngsters in training for NT. She's tall-ish , 178cm , can pack a wallop from 2,3,4, and back court, but she's not bright and she sports one of those upside down beard hairdos.

• JT Marvelous also picked up libero Mana Nishizaki from Kinrankai who'll probably play the V Cup since Kobata won't be there. Nishizaki's been a staple in U-Squad Tournaments: Three Golds, a Bronze and one best libero.

Maybe it's just that I'm paying more attention now and detailing the kids entering V.League but this year's additions (for next year) seem like a big boost. But again, they are boosting teams that already have solid lineups.

As for the not so solids, Toyota packed up really well which is good for the flailing Body Queens. They grabbed two setters. Hopefully one of them can step up. And PFU did pretty well with Valdes and Shiima and the libero Kagamihara.

Kurobe is the team that hasn't added much. Neither did Hitachi or Himeji but they are already super fucking good, so no need.

Honestly, I'd like to see Brilliant Aries and Gunma Bank kick some V1 ass and relegate Kurobe and PFU (or Toyota, depending on how things go). I'd miss me some Mabashi, Manami, Yabuta, Hara, and Masuda, but I like the V2 teams a lot more.

• I read in the Japanese Wikipedia that the V.Challenge Match is going to be held the first week of April, after the V Cup. I imagine that means NT players won't be there. We don't know who all the NT players are yet for sure, and there aren't likely any from the bottom three teams, but should Toyota find themselves in the thorny predicament of a relegation match without Araki (and maybe Watanabe) that could spell bummer.

• Will foreigners play the VCup? Only the Japan NT pool members will be out right? For JT, that's Hayashi, Akutagawa and Kobata. Jahstice, Ogawa, and maybe the new libero will be starting in lieu of them.

• Will foreigners play the VCup? Only the Japan NT pool members will be out right? For JT, that's Hayashi, Akutagawa and Kobata. Jahstice, Ogawa, and maybe the new libero will be starting in lieu of them.

depends on the team. Neriman will probably play as she will not be with Turkish national team. Jaja Santiago for Ageo. Acosta for PFU and Jana Kulan for Toray would play in my mind.

• depends on the team. Neriman will probably play as she will not be with Turkish national team. Jaja Santiago for Ageo. Acosta for PFU and Jana Kulan for Toray would play in my mind.

If foreigners will be allowed, I don't see Drews not playing since she's staying in Asia until AWCC.

• Gawd I hope imports don't play. Think of how stupid that would be

• If foreigners will be allowed, I don't see Drews not playing since she's staying in Asia until AWCC.

no way any foreigners are playing in that. Unless their Asian national teams are not playing. When it was played in the summer, they were all Japanese teams....