Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• I want B-Team Ball :!:I love B-Team Ball

• So NT selection will be in March? finally getting to the good part. I want to know Sato's condition and if she will still be the main setter

Dreading Nakagawa and Inoue getting into the wide roster or basically anyone except Araki jr. from Sagamitsu

• So NT selection will be in March? finally getting to the good part. I want to know Sato's condition and if she will still be the main setter

Dreading Nakagawa and Inoue getting into the wide roster or basically anyone except Araki jr. from Sagamitsu

I think you already asked that about Sato. Are you rooting for her? I think she will still get called but everything will depend on how well these players perform during VNL. It's a good chance for Miyashita to regain main setter if Sato doesn't come through

• I think you already asked that about Sato. Are you rooting for her? I think she will still get called but everything will depend on how well these players perform during VNL. It's a good chance for Miyashita to regain main setter if Sato doesn't come through

I'm not rooting for Sato, I'm just curious as to who will eventually fill the role of the main setter because I see Japanese fans are getting antsy about seeing her in action and majority seem to be on her side. As I've mentioned before, Sato being on hiatus is a mystery. You can't just expect someone to still be in top condition especially during this pandemic where a lot of athletes have noticeably been at their lowest.

• I'm not rooting for Sato, I'm just curious as to who will eventually fill the role of the main setter because I see Japanese fans are getting antsy about seeing her in action and majority seem to be on her side. As I've mentioned before, Sato being on hiatus is a mystery. You can't just expect someone to still be in top condition especially during this pandemic where a lot of athletes have noticeably been at their lowest.

It's not a mystery why Sato is on hiatus. She's injured. It is a mystery the extent of the injury. It happened last year at training camp so it wasn't just a rolled ankle. There was a touchy feely interview posted a while back where Sato talked about Nakada telling her the bigger the hurdle (to making the OG) the bigger the opportunity. Or something self-helpy like that.

• I've been enjoying a lot of those Coach werka stan analyst view replays. You can really see when a team brain farts. Most recently in the NEC Toyota match, much to my dismay, YOLO served up a couple doozies -- of the "Oh, I thought you were going to get it" variety. Color my feathers ruffled

• So NT selection will be in March?

I think they will announce in 4 days, after the V.League Final

• NEC goes next level with their Sentiment Analysis Solution where fans wear a device that registers their emotions while watching a game. Along with this they are testing something where fans get to decide their ticket price based on how much they enjoy the match :white:

"In the experiment, about 30 spectators decide their own ticket prices according to their satisfaction with watching the game."

Wait. :super:

• Holy freaking moly! The Finals are going to be on VTV :drink:

[Edit] Actually it might just be some pre-game press conference. I can't tell for sure. The matches are listed on vtv but there is no play button.

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted being too good to be true

• Stats people are weird:

"The total score (ball) accumulated by Jana Kulan this season is 20m higher than the Tower of the Sun".

Jana Kulan (Toray) ranked first in the V. Regular Round with 436 points. Just looking at this number doesn't make sense, so replace one score with one ball and think of 436 points as 436 balls. The diameter of the official tournament ball is about 21 cm. 436 pieces x 21 cm = 9156 cm (= 91.56 m). By accumulating the points of Jana Kulan, the height becomes 91.56m.

Yeah, it makes a lot more sense now :rolll: