Cancelled

Okayama 3–0 Himeji

25-16

25-23

25-18

75–57

YT

Bullies

• Just finished watching JT-Denso. JT’s got so much talent, not much court time for all. It’s good they have tournaments like this to give them time to shine. Especially excited for Takahashi and Nishikawa 💚🤍

• She was supposedly the starting diagonal of Mayu for AVC, but underperforms everytime so she gets replaced by Osanai.

Osanai took her spot in the Asian Championships but she was a cornerstone in the U-20 group. She lost her way in the Gold match and had to sit out a couple sets, but came back and finished it. I like her a lot. She is like Saori, especially with the tall knocky knees thing and a certain spaced out joy :drink:

• Osanai took her spot in the Asian Championships but she was a cornerstone in the U-20 group. She lost her way in the Gold match and had to sit out a couple sets, but came back and finished it. I like her a lot. She is like Saori, especially with the tall knocky knees thing and a certain spaced out joy :drink:

yeah the saori vibe is strong on her

• yeah the saori vibe is strong on her

JT also drafted another second-coming in Manami Koyama. She's like Saori in that she can play every position, but word on the street is she's not very bright. She looks that part too.

She's been a U-Squad fixture for a few years and made the SFs with her high school when she had Angry Fu and a few other good players, but got knocked out before the QF this year when it was mostly all on her shoulders. She probably won't crack the JT rotation for a couple years given their assets, but I think she has a future.

• Given the relaxed restrictions on transfers I wonder if (and hope) we'll see more good players opt to play for a Challenge level team rather than sitting on the bench of a contender. Time will tell.

• Relevant af to me, and ironic(?). I just , right now, two minutes ago , finished my ligare sendai page and etc., but didn't see that news of tomorrow :rolll:

• I dunno where to ask this. Is Miyashita the legendary setter from the WGP 2014 still playing? She is one of the best defensive setters of all time for me. And a great blocker, too. She dis really well when Japan played that Hybrid 6 formation.

She plays for Okayama NoSmilers and is the best defensive setter of all time for me. And the NoSmilers rock :thumbup:

• I need to watch some replays. I miss seeing her play. That WGP 2014 final 6 will forever engraved in my heart. 🥰🥰🥰

They were in 2019-20 Final against JT. Sets 2 &3 are really good :) The SF against Denso is even better. Any match against Hitachi is usually fun. I don't know what's out there because I subscribe to the V.League TV. NoSmilers are the best defensive team, their offense is sometimes enigmatic

• I guess I don't understand the rules re: libero in & out switching. I don't know why I thought they could only switch with MBs ?(

Here's what Kurobe did last weekend:

New recruit #7 Miku Shimada played MB but stayed on in the back row for serve receive (13/15 positive) after serving and #6 Ami Yamashiro OH would switch out with the libero.

After #20 Mayuka Tobe the other MB served she would switch out with the libero

Shimada:

I was in the middle, but I also joined the rearguard, and I thought that it was not that I could not receive because it was middle as I was in college, but that I could do it like a side player.

• They usually switch with MB, because MB don't pass that well, but you can switch with anyone in back row.. Dominican Republic tends to do that quite often, especially when they are using Eve as MB, she remains playing back row and libero switches with OH

• Himeji libero Yurika Mizoguchi is first out the 2021 gate with a Transfer Request. I'm not surprised she wants out but I am surprised she announced it while things are still going on. She didn't make roster for the first two VCup matches -- either because it was known she wants out or wants out in response to it. She was pretty good in the very very limited playing time she had during the season but it's never going to grow, what with the beret-wearing style child Moeri Hanai on board.

I'm hoping for some shake up this summer. I want Hikari Kato out of SAGA next.

• Does any one know if players can talk to other teams while they are still suited up? Or do they have to resign before they can talk to other teams?