Italy - Superlega 2020-2021

• Is Gardini even coaching? No adjustments, no service subs.

Scanferla had problems with the reception.

Erratic sets from Raydel.

Trevor needs to put pressure in his serve.

• Perugia won an amazing final.

All along during the tie break I was very confident. I kept repeating to myself "they have De Cecco: the cup is already ours". :lol:

• who was the starting six from Perugia and Lube?

• Trentino seems to be having some trouble after Michielleto left for the Continental U20. He's also going to be out of commission for atleast ten days after testing positive for coronavirus so the next games, Lucarelli and Kooy should prove their worthiness.

In my opinion, both players are offensively inferior to Russell and Kovacevic but are better in some ways like Kooy as an italian which means Podrascanin/Nimir are possible to play as titulars or Lucarelli with his fast game and defense but when it comes to the individual level, Nimir in the team currently outshines them and that could be deemed as predictable if Giannelli doesn't trust his outsides.

Lisinac is also coming back from an injury so presumably they are still a level down from what they should be as a team.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Piacenza seems to be the worst built team in the league.

Hierezuello is just atrocious. Scanferla is not ready for this level. Candellaro can't kill a ball. Grozer's performance is unstable the longer the match goes on. Clevenot was horrendous during the Coppa Italia but is going back to a much better form. Russell is doing what's expected of him but not enough to get any wins in the Coppa Italia preliminaries.

The team disappointed in almost all fronts besides Antonov who is getting more playing time and even played opposite because Grozer played badly for a top opposite.

I really hope Bernardi can do some miracle and atleast tweak the positions especially Scanferla. I can see a diamond in the rough. He just needs a little more push and a little less giving away chance ball opportunities to the opponents side. Like those are unforgiveable if you are a libero.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Does Ishiikawa plays in Italy again this season? How is he doing?

He's in Allianz Milano and he's playing superbly so far.

#FreeBritney

• You can subscribe elevensport.it . They have all the matches except the ones Rai airs. Even the quality of the site is not so far from crap.

You don't need a subscription for the match replays. They usually appear the day after the live games. For how long the games stay in rotation. I have no idea though.

#FreeBritney

• Standings

Sir Safety Conad Perugia921000030
    Cucine Lube Civitanova820100030
    Leo Shoes Modena611001021
    Allianz Milano611001021
    NBV Verona611000121
    Gas Sales Bluenergy Piacenza602001021
    Vero Volley Monza301002012
    Itas Trentino310000212
    Kioene Padova310000212
    Tonno Callipo Calabria Vibo Valentia301000212