Italy - Superlega 2020-2021

• I'm not sure how good the U23 Trento setter is but if he can set a proper high ball to Nimir in the front row, they can score 50% of the time.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Lucarelli with the biggest headscratcher moment of the season. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• In my opinion, the covid protocols for Superlega needs more refinement.

It's just unfair if both setters were infected and the team still have to play because they didn't hit the number of infections in a team for the game to be postponed.

But still, Lorenzetti made crucial substitution errors so it gave Vibo Valentia an easier time to win. Nimir played well but the moment he is in front is where it gets complicated for Trento so the sub should have been done during that phase.

#FreeBritney

• Is Giannelli going to be able to play next week in Champions League? That would be a huge problem for Trento, a match lost during the league is not necessarily a big issue, but three matches in Champions League without a setter are going to be dramatic

• Is Giannelli going to be able to play next week in Champions League? That would be a huge problem for Trento, a match lost during the league is not necessarily a big issue, but three matches in Champions League without a setter are going to be dramatic

Two weeks quarantine and a player still needs a negative test to be out on the field for practice games so it's probably impossible to catch up.

Maybe a negative test is enough but I am not sure of the rules.

#FreeBritney

• Why do the players of Modena have red paint on their cheeks?

• Why do the players of Modena have red paint on their cheeks?

Campaign against violence on women.

#FreeBritney

• Yes today is the day against violence on women and the symbol is that red paint on the cheek. Also Milano (at least some) and Novara's (I mean the women team that played in CL) players had it.

• To think I had my doubts with Mousavi coming late in the season but his debut performance was spectacular.

I thought young italian middle blockers like Polo, Russo and the others are becoming great but I guess overestimated them if Mousavi's first game without much practice or chemistry is already at the level you want to see in Superlega.

It's just unfortunate Grozer got injured when the team is on the process of finding their own identity.

I'm not certain if he sprained his own ankle or he accidentally step on Russell's foot while they were stepping backwards together. Regardless, it looked pretty serious from the expression on his face so I expect he'll probably sit out atleast for a week or more considering his advanced age as a player.

Botto replaced Grozer as opposite during the third set but they actually played better without him. The german still played like a top opposite but Botto held his own while Russell attacked as the backrow D ball hitter.

Botto had done some smart and desperate shots that turned into kills both as OH and OP so the loss of Grozer is relatively minor for this game but the real effect could be felt for the next games against the big teams where they might need a real opposite to score kills or serve aces.

Antonov is pretty okay as an opp but if Russell play bad then no one's gonna come off the bench for him.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Who is the "official" backup opposite of the team? Is it James Shaw?

• Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• 5 blocks for Adis so far...:obey:

Currently, there's a blockade party for Monza with Holt 5 and Galassi 3 against Modena.

#FreeBritney

• Lanza. :wall:

#FreeBritney

• 5 blocks for Adis so far...:obey:

Currently, there's a blockade party for Monza with Holt 5 and Galassi 3 against Modena.

The match Monza vs Modena is a real blocking party (for Monza)! I enjoyed watching it so much. Holt is formidable at the front with top-notch judgment and speedy movement in blocking. Latvia collapsed starting from the middle of set 3. I doubt his reception faults and getting stuff blocked amounted to 10 points during that period. At one point, I was wondering if Giani has signed a contract with a non-replacement clause of Latvia lol. Fair to say, Latvia has found his soul back after extending his awful performance in the beginning of set 4.