Italy - Superlega 2020-2021

• Jensen is Piacenza's seventh player in the court. :white:

But his serve caused a lot of trouble for Piacenza. A lefty sorcery perhaps.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• No one watched Coppa cup semi? Another boring Coppa after Perugia and Lube met in the final.

Modena lost to Lube without a doubt after they lost set #1. Lube's OHs are much stronger than Modena's.

Trentino was so disappointing today. They beat Perugia 3:0 a few weeks ago, but today they played like an amateur team.

Lucarelli was ok, but everyone else was off, esp Nimar and Ginnali.

Perugia's defense was amazing, kinda lucky to save a few tough balls. Travica did not choke too.

• Congrats to Lube. They won Coppa cup in a convincing game.

Anzani should be credited. His floating serve made a big trouble for Perugia in every set.

Balaso's defense was amazing. De Cecco outplayed Travica in this game.

When Leon was struggling, Perugia were struggling.

Lube is a more balanced team than Perugia.

Simon, Leal and Juan can contribute to the team when someone was off.

• The game between Monza and Piacenza will be crucial for the ranking.

• So Vibo Valentia lost to the worst team in the league...:white:

Piacenza also defeated Monza and Monza still has two games left(Perugia and Verona).

The race to the 4v5 quarterfinals just got a little competitive.

I'm just hoping Lube doesn't make it a little more easy for Vibo Valentia as they already had the best luck among all the teams during the first half of the season.

I guess what's happening to VV seems like karmic in some way and the club's president's antics and lack of empathy to other struggling teams don't make me feel bad at all for their recent losses.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• I am so glad that Piacenza won. I have yet to see the entire match. kudos to Eleven Sports for the fast upload.

• Grozer had like 30% attack percentage but I felt he did pretty well. I didn't watch the first set though so he may have played badly during that time.

I also never felt Russell scored a lot. How strange because he had the most points with high efficiency.

Piacenza also still doesn't defend very well, it is improving but there are still lapses like that one chance ball that Clevenot and Scanferla both gave away because they both thought it was going out could've change the tide and let Monza come from behind. Seriously, that should never happen but it's still happening.

#FreeBritney

• Lanza's short serves are annoying but so effective against Piacenza. I remember that serve caused trouble during their first meeting. Glad Bernardi saw it through and used Botto instead of Grozer when he played at pos 4.

Baranowicz is still struggling to utilize the middles even with a perfect pass. Clevenot is also underutilized when he's available for the pipe. Baranowicz's more adventurous when Russell is benched or he played opposite but it's still not the most ideal lineup.

Also Donovan is pretty much alone when Lanza and Adis are playing horribly. Monza's pivot to Lanza really screwed their best lineup which should've Sedlacek and Donovan as starters and Lanza as bench. Really stupid and could cost their automatic quarterfinal slot if they don't take atleast two points from Perugia and Verona.

#FreeBritney

• Milano could still potentially make the 4v5 quarterfinal depending on the results of the remaining games from Monza, Valentia and especially against the match vs Piacenza and Ravenna. 6 points are needed though. One less point and they're headed for the "special playoffs".

For all those people asking about Modena. They still have a chance but they are out of contention for the 4v5 quarterfinal and will need to beat Trentino or Lube(Perugia pretty much owns the top spot now) to make the top 4.

So unceremoniously, Superlega breaks the top 4(Modena,Lube,Perugia,Trento) hegemony but unfortunately, this season will predictably gonna be all about the top 3 RS teams unless... the winner of the 4v5 quarterfinal pulls off a miracle and beat Perugia in the semifinal.

#FreeBritney

• I'm not a fan of throwing games away but because of the pandemic and UCL bubbles needing stricter restrictions in Europe, I guess this just can't be helped.

#FreeBritney

• I think they’ve been overperforming for some time. The whole line up Is fine but rather Tier 2 players. Chineyese is I’d say the most interesting prospect. Things somewhat got back to normal :)

• The last round was boring. As Lube and Perugia already fixed their spots no matter what the result of this round will be, they started with sub roster. Perugia even lost to Monza 0:3 by ugly margin in first 2 sets.

• I think he’s a University of Hawaii fan. That team lost Defalco’s team in college volleyball and if I remember it correctly the fans attacked him because well, he won that trophy pretty much on his own.

I didn’t even watch it. Lol I have been bashing him because he is a bad player.

Trentino hasn’t been playing well. They aren’t even throwing a match away like Lube and Perugia. I don’t know if Kooy’s presence affected the performance of the whole team that much.

• The Monza win also eliminates Milano from the 4v5 quarterfinals. Not that it was going to be easy but it's almost impossible with Piacenza as the one big hurdle for Milano.

I wonder how will Milano proceed now.

They can try to get the full points to get a more favorable match up in the playoffs or rest their players to avoid any conflicts for their challenge cup hopes.

Piacenza needs to win atleast 3-1 v Milano so the pressure is on them not to screw it up and get an automatic quarterfinal berth.

#FreeBritney