Italy - Superlega 2020-2021

• do you know what Perugia is going to look like next season? I hope they will be able to find a good setter. I don’t think Travica belongs to this level.

According to transfer news and rumors (some are not officially confirmed yet):

Travcia is still the main setter, Falaschi (current Lube's sub setter) will be Perugia's sub setter next season.

Herst will go to Belogorie, and Atanasijevic will go to Skra.

Muzaj will stay. Not sure about Vernon and Plotnytskyi.

I think PG's manager will try to find more suitable players after this final, this roster is not competitive at all.

Setter and OPP are two weak positions for Perugia.

Travica can not pass solid fast balls to pos 4 for Plotnytskyi, and can not pass solid high balls to pos 4 for Leon.

His pass to pos 2 is not stable too. Some balls are too wide to spike.

That's why Lube's block worked so well, and therefore they had a lot of chances to get break point.

• Hope the Anderson rumor is true, that would make me stan Perugia even more:box::box:

I hope Plotnytskyi leaves, he's just not suitable for this level, you don't need two liberos on the court.

What are you talking about? Plutonio is a great WS. The problem is the setter. Travica is able to kill Leon's spiking efficiency, how can you expect him to be accurate while setting for a left handed player? :lol:

• People think now Atanasijevic will play and save the team. :rolll:

Which is the drama between Heynen and Bata? We all know that after his last injury, Bata has dicreased his level, as well as he isnt the same killer as before (well, we shouldnt forget he wasnt THE killer either); nevertheless, the treatment he has been receiving from the Belgian coach in the last weeks I find it a bit impolite. Moreover cuz Bata has been so much in Perugia and he means a lot to the club.

• Which is the drama between Heynen and Bata? We all know that after his last injury, Bata has dicreased his level, as well as he isnt the same killer as before (well, we shouldnt forget he wasnt THE killer either); nevertheless, the treatment he has been receiving from the Belgian coach in the last weeks I find it a bit impolite. Moreover cuz Bata has been so much in Perugia and he means a lot to the club.

Heynen doesn't like him. That's all. Benching Atanasijevic is the best thing happened to Perugia lately: he always chokes, while ter Horst usually doesn't, despite the fact he's an outside hitter and not a pure opposite.

• Heynen doesn't like him. That's all. Benching Atanasijevic is the best thing happened to Perugia lately: he always chokes, while ter Horst usually doesn't, despite the fact he's an outside hitter and not a pure opposite.

Ok, so it was just simple than what I expected. Yes sure, we all know Bata could make great kills for the 7th, 14th or 20th point, but in the clutch moments, he tends to choke (similar to Anderson).

As you pointed out, Perugia main OPP is an OH, while in the bench there are three!

• Ok, so it was just simple than what I expected. Yes sure, we all know Bata could make great kills for the 7th, 14th or 20th point, but in the clutch moments, he tends to choke (similar to Anderson).

As you pointed out, Perugia main OPP is an OH, while in the bench there are three!

Muzaj is good. He's spiking reach is amazing, but he's left handed and quite more difficult to set.

Vernon-Evans is a big question mark. He has ridiculous athletic and physical power, but he's a nightmare every single time he's on court.

I don't see how Anderson will improve Perugia: he's a very elegant and technically gifted version of Bata. :lol:

I would try to buy-out Spirito from Verona or Sbertoli from Powervolley Milano, but Travica will stay for sure next season. :gone:

• I agree on Sbertoli but lol Spirito would be a much bigger nightmare than Travica. I honestly think the best course for Perugia is to try to invest on a young italian OH, it's the position with the better italian prospects right now, Bottolo for instance could be a good deal imo

• Perugia was lucky to win game #2. Plotnytskyi's key serves saved Perugia in set #3 and set #5. Travica was as bad as usual. Both teams played without energy, maybe due to an empty stadium. Like a superstar had a live concert but no audience.

• Poor Russell;(;(

https://worldofvolley.com/Late…-miss-tokyo-olympics.html

Pardon me for OT as I can’t find a thread for USA NT. I read that Sander was also injured in the semifinals of the Polish league, any idea how serious his injury was? Who else can USA rely on if both Russell & Sander can’t play this summer? DeFalco & Jaeschke?

Sander has a fractured foot, he shouldn't be out for too long. Unless something else happens, he should be part of the Tokyo roster I think.

• Poor Russell;(;(

Pardon me for OT as I can’t find a thread for USA NT. I read that Sander was also injured in the semifinals of the Polish league, any idea how serious his injury was? Who else can USA rely on if both Russell & Sander can’t play this summer? DeFalco & Jaeschke?

;(;(

• Poor Russell;(;(

De Falco has had a good season. He will likely has a sizeable time on court with the NT this summer.

Sander will be the team's first choice if his shape can be improved.

Muagututia and Jaeschke may complete the OH roster.