Poland - PlusLiga 2020/21

• Jastrzębski Węgiel became Polish champion after beating ZAKSA 2 times: 1:3 and 3:1. This is kind of surprise after whole season performance by ZAKSA, they seemed unstoppable but somehow Jastrzębski was able to bite them in finals.

How did the team perform? Were they underperforming or Wegiel just outplayed them?

• How did the team perform? Were they underperforming or Wegiel just outplayed them?

JSW broke them - they had a decent/good reception line while ZAKSA was very inaccurate, it affected that Śliwka was making a lot of errors and was blocked many times, Semeniuk was making kill errors. Kaczmarek gave decent performance but it was not enough without left wing. Toniutti was inaccurate with his sets as well and didn't help his team too much. ZAKSA was just not able to kill difficult balls after a bit weaker reception.

Also JSW through whole season had an ace in their team - Jakub Bucki (Opp). He always gave very good subs to Mohamed Al Hachdadi and during these finals matches he entered the court at the end of 1st set and played amazing - he killed all of the crucial balls and was JWS's best server. I regret he is not called to NT. He just do his job and is very hot name at volleyball market for the last few weeks.

• I mean ZAKSA was playing amazing. JSW winning the league comes as huge surprise.

True, it is. But ZAKSA has this weak point they don't have good subs. Their 3 main points are Semeniuk-Śliwka-Kaczamrek and during the finals two of the links played weak (Semeniuk and Śliwka). They were not able to cover two holes.

• Will al achdadi Stay ? After a slow start I believe he did deliver. He s mvp right now.

Probably no, JSW contracted some time ago Boyer (IMO bad move). Al Achdadi played final matches very weak and had to be subbed but the rest of the season was very good in his performance and thanks to him JSW finished 2nd after regular season.

• You mean ZAKSA will be more dangerous at CL final?:/

This season Zaksa won Lube and Kazan in CL, but It's not that convincing. Kinda of lucky.

Zaksa is not as strong as older Kazan and 18-19 Lube.

Both Sliwka and Semeniuk had only 30+% effect% in this game, so I am not surprised that lost to JW.

• This season Zaksa won Lube and Kazan in CL, but It's not that convincing. Kinda of lucky.

Zaksa is not as strong as older Kazan and 18-19 Lube.

Both Sliwka and Semeniuk had only 30+% effect% in this game, so I am not surprised that lost to JW.

Please don't try to diminish ZAKSA.

I watched all of their games and they worked out a great system which gave them great result in Poland and in Europe. They just played 2 weaker games, unfortunately for them in the finals, and I need to point out they had a really good opponent in the finals and they do not have good subs. JSW was the only team to be able to bet them and they did it.

Also match between ZAKSA-Kazań in CL was the best male match of the season 20/21. It means that these teams can keep a good level.

The past doesn't play. Today's shape plays and wins and focus on the future.:)

• Will al achdadi Stay ? After a slow start I believe he did deliver. He s mvp right now.

He'll play in Belogorie next season according to rumors.

• Is there any replay of the final?

I'm quite shocked but I guess it's not impossible with Zaksa not having a great history for trebles even with their continued dominance.

Well...maybe they are aiming for another kind of treble with the CL?!? Not jinxing it.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Please don't try to diminish ZAKSA.

I watched all of their games and they worked out a great system which gave them great result in Poland and in Europe. They just played 2 weaker games, unfortunately for them in the finals, and I need to point out they had a really good opponent in the finals and they do not have good subs. JSW was the only team to be able to bet them and they did it.

Also match between ZAKSA-Kazań in CL was the best male match of the season 20/21. It means that these teams can keep a good level.

The past doesn't play. Today's shape plays and wins and focus on the future.:)

I never said Zaksa was not a strong team this season. I am just saying Zaksa's winning in CL this season were not convincing, at least to me. They were lucky at some crucial moments, such as Gulu's simple pass over the net at the match point in game #1. De Cecco's horrible pass in golden set at 11:12. Those were game-changing points. I have watched CL since 2012. If Zaksa was that good as you said, they should have entered CL final before. But until this season, they have not. Let's see how they perform in CL final.

• I never said Zaksa was not a strong team this season. I am just saying Zaksa's winning in CL this season were not convincing, at least to me. They were lucky at some crucial moments, such as Gulu's simple pass over the net at the match point in game #1. De Cecco's horrible pass in golden set at 11:12. Those were game-changing points.

Sure, that's fine, you can have your opinion, whatever it is.

But I, as everyday observer, especially Polish League and CL and I can give my feedback to this as well :)

You point one De Cecco's sets forgetting that this situation (golden set) was caused by the great 1st match by ZAKSA in Italy and very tight but lost 3 sets in Poland. I can point the same to you - "If Kaczmarek would kill that ball at set ball at 24:23, it could be 2:1 and match would look completely different", but such talk doesn't bring anything. The players has everything in their hands with equal chances, they worked for that and we can only praise them for the great games.

I have watched CL since 2012. If Zaksa was that good as you said, they should have entered CL final before. But until this season, they have not. Let's see how they perform in CL final.

I'm speaking only the season 20/21. I don't keep too good in my memory club season 16/17.

ZAKSA did not have chances to enter CL finals before, because before we didn't have so many great domestic players and their budget was just decent but not able to compare to the best European teams. They worked out great system during last two seasons with Semeniuk and Śliwka as wing spiker and now it gave the result. I didn't mean any other time period so we have misunderstanding at this point.