Russia - SUPERLEAGUE PARIMATCH 2020/2021

• Efimova is a good blocker, and her fast attacks are acceptable but overall I wouldn't place her in the NT. Zaytseva has only recently regained the starter MB in Lokomotiv. Too early to make assumptions and IMO she didn't play well when she was tested in the NT. Lazarenko does have more power in attack compared to others, but her effienciency is not that high and she is VERY slow at net + weak serve.

What happened to Enina ? She started well then not even in bench she has been in the last matched.

In fairness, apart from Koroleva and Fetisova, most russian MBs show inconsistencies, so maybe because of this I would try Evdokimova again as sheis more versatile, or maybe give Kotova a chance as I reckon her serve could be a good contribution in subs.

• Post by Ksyusha ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • I think the coach will call Efimova as 3rd MB. Even before Busato, Efimova always get a call for NT. To be fair to her, her game has improved. I guess the third MB won't matter much as long as Koroleva and Fetisova would be starters.

• This is not the NT thread!

Some remarks to Krasnodar-Moscow: First defeat for Moscow this season. First match in ages without challenge system (I think they introduced it more than two years ago in Russia), I like that there are less interuptions without it. Krasnodar was missing two OH (Pipurynova, Sukhoverkhova) so that Zvereva was a starter for the second time. I think she played well. Bulatovic hardly ever makes changes in the line up. This time Babeshina and Krotkova spent a few minutes on court...

Cup matches this weekend. Four "groups" with the winner going to the final four in Moscow. First named team is host:

Group 1: Kazan, Zarechie, Dinamo Metar (Kazan-Chelyabinsk will also count as a league game since they would meet in the next round)

Group 2: Kaliningrad, Leningrad, Lipetsk (Lipetsk was missing both OPP last game)

Group 3: Uralochka, Krasnodar (Tulitsa would have been the third team but they are until next wednesday)

Group 4: Moscow, Proton, Uralochka 2

Host teams are favourtes. Krasnodar might have a small chance if Pipurynova and Sukhoverkhova can play. Uralochka won ten days ago 3:1 but it was 29:27 in the fourth set.

Startseva is training with the team but won't play http://www.volley.ru/news/22783/.

• Are are there any links to the kazan match and would you happen to know what the PST start time might be. it's difficult for English speakers to navigate some of the Russian websites.

All the game in this Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuXTZKgyjI86jYHguvp7OAg

• Moscow, Leningradka, Kazan and Krasnodar will play the final four cup tournament. Uralochka and Odintsovo were missing several players (first setter, only juniors as subs etc.). Leningradka surprised Kaliningrad (reception was pretty bad). Leningradka had the oldest team (most players are 29 and older) in the group. Lipetsk had five players 22 or younger and Kaliningrad has most players between 22 and 28.

Minchanka is in their second quarantine. Today and on Saturday are the next league matches. The promoted teams Sparta and Lipetsk play each other. Both teams have two wins so far. Proton - Krasnodar is the most interesting match.

• She started but got blocked a lot, so Klimets came in and did a better job.

Thanks. I only got to watch a few games of Moscow and in those matches, Goncharova hasn't been spectacular. Either she's not yet in shape or age is slowly but steadily catching up on her.

• Thanks. I only got to watch a few games of Moscow and in those matches, Goncharova hasn't been spectacular. Either she's not yet in shape or age is slowly but steadily catching up on her.

I think it's a little bit of both. It's not easy for a 30+ year-old player to be back in top form with the long pause in volleyball notwithstanding. That said, she is probably the most overused top player in the last 5 years, so definitely her age is starting to be a factor now. She still has her hard angles and her wrist power is still there if that's any consolation. Give her some time I think she can still play better than what she is showing now :wavy:

• I think it's a little bit of both. It's not easy for a 30+ year-old player to be back in top form with the long pause in volleyball notwithstanding. That said, she is probably the most overused top player in the last 5 years, so definitely her age is starting to be a factor now. She still has her hard angles and her wrist power is still there if that's any consolation. Give her some time I think she can still play better than what she is showing now :wavy:

And I also think the other teams are catching up to her as well. Her balls get defended a lot these days.

• I think it's a little bit of both. It's not easy for a 30+ year-old player to be back in top form with the long pause in volleyball notwithstanding. That said, she is probably the most overused top player in the last 5 years, so definitely her age is starting to be a factor now. She still has her hard angles and her wrist power is still there if that's any consolation. Give her some time I think she can still play better than what she is showing now :wavy:

I agree with this. Be it in NT or club, she always has to take full responsibility in scoring. I hope she'll be ready for Tokyo next year (if ever the olympics pushes through)