Russia - SUPERLEAGUE PARIMATCH 2020/2021

• It's true ;(:white: https://www.oblgazeta.ru/sport/volleyball/117423/ (use Google translator)

However it says she'll be out until the end of the season, recovery as usual with this injury will take 6-9 months. If everything goes perfectly she might be ready for OG, but then it will be questionable in what kind of shape...

This is a big blow for Uralochka and also for NT X/

Isn't this the same injury that Nagaoka has? She is becoming my favorite Rus player and I don't want her career taking the same turns as Nagaoka's (another of my fav)

• Girl has such poor luck. During Rio she was backup for Scherban and now when she's fully developed herself into Rus's best current OH and an irreplaceable NT member she got injured.

It saddens me deeply whenever I see/hear about players getting hurt. The other day with Washington (thanks goodness it was a light injury) and today with Parubets. ;( Wishing her all the best. How old is she? Will she be too old for Paris?

• That's so sad ;(

According to some Russian websites, she can walk by herself (which is good) and she'll be operated as soon as possible. If everything goes OK, she'll return at least in May.

https://www.e1.ru/news/spool/news_id-69585898.html

• All the best to her and wish everything goes well for her recovery after the surgery. Too many good players couldn’t get back to their original form after this injury, I just hope Parubets wouldn’t be another one...

• That's so sad ;(

According to some Russian websites, she can walk by herself (which is good) and she'll be operated as soon as possible. If everything goes OK, she'll return at least in May.

https://www.e1.ru/news/spool/news_id-69585898.html

Return? In may?

That should be a miracle

Like I said before that takes at keast 1 year for recovery and even that you gonna strugle to recover your level

That happen to begic,bailey,eve

The only exception I know that made fasr was thaisa and she was back 10 months after,but she is so physically strong but had a poor level

So For Olympics for sure she won't be

• If you mean on Lisvel Eve, she didn't have the same injury as others, she had open tibial fracture, that was the most horrible injury that i ever seen in volleyball. Bojana Milenkovic had the same injury and she start with ball training after 6-7 months, but played first match after 10 months, and back in the pre injury shape, only now.

• Thaisa had an awfull season after injury.. but she has such a strong mind... she recovery herself for the next one.

• I think injuries are very case by case so it is hard to estimate someone s recovery based on previous injuries

• I think injuries are very case by case so it is hard to estimate someone s recovery based on previous injuries

That is for sure true, maybe among volleyball players even more, because it can't be the same recovery process from ACL for the player who is 190+ and for someone who is around 180, we have the different ages also,.........,these examples can be just hint at how long it could take.

• I'm not sure Thaísa suffered an ACL injury like Parubets though? Also, wasn't it Eve that suffered that horrible exposed fracture injury?

Overall, ACL injuries take 6 months to recover, but current evidence shows that athletes should prioritize a 9-month recovery period (including return to sport) at least in order to avoid further knee injuries. But this is the OG we're talking about, things could be rushed and it can't be said for sure she won't be there.

• I'm not sure Thaísa suffered an ACL injury like Parubets though? Also, wasn't it Eve that suffered that horrible exposed fracture injury?

Overall, ACL injuries take 6 months to recover, but current evidence shows that athletes should prioritize a 9-month recovery period (including return to sport) at least in order to avoid further knee injuries. But this is the OG we're talking about, things could be rushed and it can't be said for sure she won't be there.

can they do some underground russian experiment on her like we’ve seen in movies just so she can be there in her best shape 😂

but seriously though, I feel really sorry for her. I like her as a player and as a person. She seems humble and approachable.

Both Thaisa and Eve have the tibial fracture, no ACL.

Getting second injury due to non-recovery could be even worse because then she will risk her whole volleyball career. She is still young enough to play in Paris. I wouldn't have rushed the recovery if I was in her shoes

• A bit late but we had one of the biggest surprises in recent years last round. Lipetsk won 3:0 (25:12, 25:22, 25:20) agains Lokomotiv! Loko was missing Dijkema, Kurilo and Galkina (played a few points, Gorbacheva is not worse though) but they should still have done better. Lipetsk has almost the same team they had in the lower league last season. Libero is 19, OH's 22 and Gorbunova (OPP) 17! Loko players have more Superleague experience and several have even played in the NT. Setter Ryseva is the one with the least experience but she is doing a pretty decent job. Sazanova is one of the highlights this season (didn't know her before). She made 24 points with 59 % in attack and great reception. If she gets more consistent in reception she might even be an option for the NT.

Lipetsk will play Uralochka (back from quarantine and first match without Parubets) this weekend and should have a chance.

• Which Frolova? Maria, Natalya or Olga? I like Olga but she is rather small and only a substitute at her new club (Tulitsa).

The short one in wgp 17

That many confused with frodo from lotr 😂

• Russian Cup this weekend in Moscow:

The four best teams of the season made it to the final four (technically Leningradka fifth behind Kaliningrad but Kaliningrad was not that strong in recent weeks...).

The semis are Krasnodar vs Kazan and Leningradka vs Moscow. A few thoughts on the teams (if no players are absent):

Kazan: Won the Cup last season and favorite this year. Won 3:0 against Krasnodar and Leningradka, lost 2:3 against Moscow (without Startseva and Fedorovtseva). Their poor performance in CL showed that they are not at their best yet but still the team to beat.

Moscow: Leader of the league. Lost the final last year. Had to play five sets against the other three teams in the league (lost agains Krasnodar after being 2:0 ahead, won against Leningradka thanks to Klimets/Babeshina). They are better than in the last few years and have a good chance to win the Cup.

Krasnodar: Strongest team in years with the best substitutes in the league (for every position except the OPP they have a sub who is almost as good as the starter). Kazan is probably too strong for them unless they serve really well.

Leningradka: Very experienced players (hardly any player is younger than 28). Setter Neponmyashchikh is doing much better than in previous seasons. I don't think that they can manage another suprise like in the qualification (clear win in Kaliningrad) unless Moscow is having a really bad day.