Russia - SUPERLEAGUE PARIMATCH 2020/2021

• Meanwhile her brother is doing well in men’s league right now. It runs in the family, huh? Did their parents setters, too?

Their mother (Marina Nikulina) was a setter too and an Olympic champion.

• Several Dinamo Moscow players tested positive for corona virus and the team will now undergo quarantine. Such a pity as big matches were scheduled to be played this week against Kazan and Lokomotiv.

• Kotikova is just not ready to be a starter. Her level has really dropped since her injury.

Now she could be called a defensive OH (she was opposite years ago).

• Voronkova is playing awful. After Parubets, Russia's OH are mediocre at best only hope for the future is Fedorovtseva.

• LOL Kotova :lol::flower:

I like her! She isn't a "typical" middle blocker, because she is really athletisch and moves smoothly. Her fast approach on the slide attack is a pleasure to watch^^

• Kotova already with 6 blocks after 3 sets and she's rather short for an MB nowadays. Probably in Russian NT there will always be other (taller...) players ahead of her, but I think she's a really good player!

Yes she is rather underrated and she is also one of the top servers in the league if I'm not mistaken. Currently, I would rate her above Lazarenko.

• Voronkova is playing awful. After Parubets, Russia's OH are mediocre at best only hope for the future is Fedorovtseva.

Disagree. There are other promising players like Pipunyrova, Sazonova, Kadochkina, or even Smirnova that could be useful in good hands. A few days ago, Svetlana Gatina (18 y.o) scored like 25 pts against Metar in the Russian League and she is a tall defensive OH (1.90). She has a younger sister that is also good and is on Lokomotiv's bench right now. Honorable mention to Polina Kovaleva (14 y.o) that seems to be a better version of Kadochkina. They only need a good coach to lead them :lol:

• Disagree. There are other promising players like Pipunyrova, Sazonova, Kadochkina, or even Smirnova that could be useful in good hands. A few days ago, Svetlana Gatina (18 y.o) scored like 25 pts against Metar in the Russian League and she is a tall defensive OH (1.90). She has a younger sister that is also good and is on Lokomotiv's bench right now. Honorable mention to Polina Kovaleva (14 y.o) that seems to be a better version of Kadochkina. They only need a good coach to lead them :lol:

I don't know half the names you mentioned as I watch the men's league more lol Pipunyrova also caught my eye. How young is she? I think she has the potential to be good maybe even great. Re Kadochkina I'm not impressed by her game currently, IMO she was better when she was playing OH/Position 4.

• Voronkova eventually with 26 pts and 53% in attack, so that 2nd set was just a blackout after all. Lippmann with better stats than in her first match but it's obvious that she still needs to find her rhythm. On the website of German federation she said that playing in Russia is completely different than in China, all players are tall and hit hard and there always is a high block, she needs to learn to handle that. I think this experience can make her an even more complete player if everything goes well.

• After the first set I was about to write that Voronkova was on beast mode today, but her level dropped drastically in the second set:lol: Luckely she started to play better at the end of the thrid set/ beginning of the fourth set. As for Lippmann, she didn't play bad, but I expect more from her. It's just her second match with the team, so I'm confident she will start to play better. Above all, she has to make fewer mistakes and become more deadly in out of system balls. Dijkema short serve is really predictable, but it's also really efficient:rolll: Evdokimova is so strong at blocking the pipe attack, she puts up single block a lot!:box: Someone said they should take Galkina as DS to the Olympics, but I can't agree on this. She is shaky in reception and also her defense isn't spectacular for a libero:whistle: It's a shame Pilipenko doesn't have better reception, otherwise she could be very useful for NT, because her defense is always on point.

Kotova already with 6 blocks after 3 sets and she's rather short for an MB nowadays. Probably in Russian NT there will always be other (taller...) players ahead of her, but I think she's a really good player!

Big reason for this, is she she is so quick on her feet. In this way she is able to close the block most of the times. At the beginning of the fourth set she lost her head a bit, because she was to bussy with Voronkova:roll: