South Korea Women's KOVO V-League 2020-2021 and KOVO Cup 2020
KOVO V-League 2020-2021
Competition Name: Dodram 2020-2021 V-League
Date: 2020.10.17 (Sat) - 2021.04.03 (Sat)
- Suwon Gymnasium
- Jangchung Arena (Seoul)
- Incheon Gyeyang Gymnasium
- Daejeon Chungmu Gymnasium
- Hwaseong Gymnasium
- Gimcheon Indoor Gymnasium
- The regular season (RS) begins on Saturday, October 17th 2020 and ends on Tueday, March 16th 2021.
- From the start of the RS up until Friday, October 30th 2020, matches on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday will start at 15:30 KST; on Saturday the start time is at 14:00 KST, and at 19:00 KST on Sunday. (Due to the Korean Baseball League finishing their season late than usual this year, KOVO and the TV broadcasters have move the start time of the V-League matches).
- From Saturday, October 31st 2020 and onward, the remaining RS matches will start at 19:00 KST on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday; and the start time of 16:00 KST for matches on Saturday, Sunday and South Korean Public holidays (Christmas Day, New Year Day, and Seotdal Geumeum).
- During the RS, there will be no women's match held on Monday and Thursday, with the exception of Seotdal Geumeum (Lunar New Year's Eve) on Thursday, February 11th 2021.
- The RS consists of 6 rounds, a total of 90 matches.
- A single round consists of 15 matches, with each team having to play against all the other 5 teams once each round.
- Each team will play a total of 6 matches against each of the other 5 teams during the RS (3 Home matches + 3 Away matches); a total of 30 matches for each team during the RS.
- The RS champion will automatically qualify for the best of 5-match Championship series (Ch.).
- The RS runner-up and 3rd place teams will qualify for the best of 3-match Playoffs series (PO).
- The RS champion will play against the PO winner in a best of 5-match Ch.
- The RS ranking is decided based on the following criteria:
1. Victory Points > 2. Wins > 3. Sets Ratio > 4. Points Ratio > 5. Most recent head-to-head winner
3 Victory Points for a 3-0 or 3-1 set win,
2 Victory Points for a 3-2 set win,
1 Victory Point for a 2-3 set loss,
0 Victory Point for a 0-3 or 1-3 set loss.
In the unlikely event that three or more teams have the same Victory Points, the same number of Wins, the same Sets Ratio, and the same Points Ratio, the Wins, Sets Ratio, and Points Ratio will be re-calculated based on only the matches between the concern teams.
- The PO is a best of 3-match series which begin on Saturday, March 20th 2021; with one day rest in between each PO match.
- PO match 1 & 3 will be home matches for the RS runner-up and PO match 2 will be a home match for the RS 3rd place team (PO match 3 will only be played if needed).
- The Ch. is a best of 5-match series which begin on Friday, March 26th 2021; with one day rest in between each Ch. match.
- Ch. match 1, 2 & 5 will be home matches for the RS champion and Ch. match 3 & 4 will be home matches for the PO winner (Ch. match 4 & 5 will only be played if needed).
- The start time for the postseason matches have not yet been confirmed but will most likely be the normal start time during the RS.
KOVO Cup 2020
Date: 2020.08.30 (Sun) - 2020.09.05 (Sat)
Venue: Jecheon Gymnasium
- Only the six female professional V-League teams will compete in this year tournament.
- The tournament consists of a total of 12 matches comprising of 6 group matches, 3 ranking matches, 2 semi-final matches, and the championship match.
- The tournament will start on Sunday, August 30th, 2020 and end on Saturday, September 5th, 2020.
- Thursday, September 3rd, 2020 is a rest day for teams advancing to the semi-final.
- The 6 teams will be divided into two groups of 3 teams based on the ranking from KOVO Cup 2019.
- Group A - Hyundai E&C Hillstate (1st), Heungkuk Life Insurance Pink Spiders (3rd), and IBK Altos (5th).
Group B - KGC (2nd), GS Caltex KIXX (4th), and Korea Expressway Hi-pass (6th).
- Each team will play against the other two teams in their group once.
- After the group matches, each team will play another match against a team from the other group to decide the ranking for all six teams (A1 vs B3, B1 vs A3, A2 vs B2).
- Teams ranked 1st to 4th will advance to the semi-final (1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd).
- The winner of the two semi-finals will advance to the championship match to decide the winner and runner-up of the tournament.
- Group stage ranking criteria is wins -> sets ratio -> points ratio, and if tied then the winner of their respective match-up.
- Tournament prize money allocation ~ Winner = 50M KRW, Runner-up = 30M KRW, MVP = 3M KRW, MIP = 1M KRW, and Rising Star = 1M KRW.