South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• more like don't throw stones in glass houses if you ask me... or better yet don't put yourself in a glass house in the first place.

To quote KYK's instagram(the photo of an old lady - but it seems she took it down):- the best revenge is no revenge, move on, be happy.

(Un)fortunately because of all this... Looks like the championship is open to GS Caltex if they don't screw up.

Honestly I think they are suffering becoz of Han Su Ji's injury (she was such a stabiliser in the middle) and their setters, AHJ is too unstable (LWJ should have more chances). But if they continue to exhibit their fantastic teamwork(hopefully its not a media facade), I'm really hopeful they win the championship.

• The timing... And it's rumored that she's being "bullied" by her teammates. There were several videos that she was being ignored.

Actually I wonder how a national setter/ fairly senior can allow herself to be bullied and what actually started it. Was it all their losses?

Everybody needs to take a leaf out of GS Caltex page, the seniors are so loving of the juniors.

LSY even scoops a drink for PHM @ 2:16 and gets "bullied" in the end when PHM chinks her glass while drinking and she chokes up.

• Suspended indefinitely too in National Team

https://n.news.naver.com/sport…ll/article/018/0004852813

So twins suspended indefinitely from club and national team. This was the right decision and sets a precedent for athletes and high school students alike. I do hope the twins get a second chance at some point, but it would've been really awkward in the lockerroom if they're back any time soon.

• The GS Caltex english class video on YouTube is hilarious. And kind of nice for us non-korean speakers to actually understand what's going on. I wish these teams and KOVO would put english subtitles on their videos.

• To quote KYK's instagram(the photo of an old lady - but it seems she took it down):- the best revenge is no revenge, move on, be happy.

(Un)fortunately because of all this... Looks like the championship is open to GS Caltex if they don't screw up.

Honestly I think they are suffering becoz of Han Su Ji's injury (she was such a stabiliser in the middle) and their setters, AHJ is too unstable (LWJ should have more chances). But if they continue to exhibit their fantastic teamwork(hopefully its not a media facade), I'm really hopeful they win the championship.

I thought the MB was Kim Su-Ji? Or is that a different MB?

• Yes NT MB and KYK's best friend is Kim Su Ji.

However GS Caltex MB is Han Su Ji/Soo Ji (no 9) who formerly started out her career as a setter actually but transitioned to MB in the middle of her career, also a sporadic NT player.

They always get mixed up anyways by fans/ media coz of their similar first names.

• Will add that "suspended indefinitely" is not a defined period of time. The club and national team can reinstate the twins whenever this drama dies down. I'm not familiar with Korean culture, but in North America it wouldn't be surprising to see the athletes be reinstated right before the Olympics...because that's just how things are.

• Will add that "suspended indefinitely" is not a defined period of time. The club and national team can reinstate the twins whenever this drama dies down. I'm not familiar with Korean culture, but in North America it wouldn't be surprising to see the athletes be reinstated right before the Olympics...because that's just how things are.

seems like Koreans will give zero chances for a comeback... but we(i) can only hope

• I just discovered this forum not too long ago (just discovered the fun bunch of GS Caltex players) and becoz of this huge blowup, I felt like I had to log in and connect.

Was always a casual viewer of S.Korea vb, would watch it all the time in my twice a year visits to Korea on TV.

And I played vb from 12-22 (just casual inter-school stuff) so this school bullying stuff really shocked me and made me be more thankful of my very nice seniors who let us do whatever we wanted...

Hope for redemption for the twins... Heck if DT can be re-elected in another 4 years, whatever the twins have done is nothing.... (all relative)

• the love for T-ara is evergreen! 🥰🥰🥰

But it is kinda scary how it feels like we are going through the same nightmare all over again.

funny how the T-ara scandal is the first thing that runs through peoples' minds... especially considering the recent AOA scandal is more similar to this case. (but this is way off topic)

• funny how the T-ara scandal is the first thing that runs through peoples' minds... especially considering the recent AOA scandal is more similar to this case. (but this is way off topic)

I was a huge fan of AOA and saw how Choa was ostracised in the videos and how Jimin faked it all the way....

Which is why I hope that the friendship in GS Caltex is really genuine and they keep all their FA players - LSY, KSH, HSJ... and give them their big pay day esp if they win the championship this year...

Honestly some psychiatrist needs to study whether this is an issue in South Korea society or in general society is changing for the worst.

• I was a huge fan of AOA and saw how Choa was ostracised in the videos and how Jimin faked it all the way....

Which is why I hope that the friendship in GS Caltex is really genuine and they keep all their FA players - LSY, KSH, HSJ... and give them their big pay day esp if they win the championship this year...

Honestly some psychiatrist needs to study whether this is an issue in South Korea society or in general society is changing for the worst.

I don't know much about Choa, only the recent Mina situation which is what I was referring to.

• I was a huge fan of AOA and saw how Choa was ostracised in the videos and how Jimin faked it all the way....

It's not an issue exclusive to Korea however their culture tends to take seniority to a whole different level, sometimes they abuse that seniority but of course it's not always the main factor.

Several laws have been strengthened since last year afaik, in relation to these types of behaviour including the new "Sulli Law"

A disgraced athlete doesn't have much shot for a proper comeback. Also this making headlines throughout the world makes it even worse since the VB community is still technically a niche

• Hi, I was like one month without internet. Trying now to read all the stuff. A started from page 27 and to be honest, still don't know what happened exactly. I was trying to translate the korean articles, but translation for english is really bad.

Can anyone tell me about that what happened to twins? What they did that they are banned? I know that they had some personal issues with Kim. They were bullied in high school (or earlier). They have been very active on social media. But what happened to ban them from the league from NT? If you don't want to put this topic here anymore, I would be grateful to send me a direct/private message. I am really curious. Thank you!

• Hi, I was like one month without internet. Trying now to read all the stuff. A started from page 27 and to be honest, still don't know what happened exactly. I was trying to translate the korean articles, but translation for english is really bad.

Can anyone tell me about that what happened to twins? What they did that they are banned? I know that they had some personal issues with Kim. They were bullied in high school (or earlier). They have been very active on social media. But what happened to ban them from the league from NT? If you don't want to put this topic here anymore, I would be grateful to send me a direct/private message. I am really curious. Thank you!

There's a translation account on twitter (ENG) dedicated to their scandal https://twitter.com/dasgasdh

Twin sisters, the outside hitter Lee Jae-Yeong and a setter Lee Da-Yeong, were accused of school violence while attending high school. An article that exposed the school violence of female volleyball players in the past was posted recently in which a victim confessed she was abused while playing volleyball in elementary and junior high school more than 10 years ago. The players who were designated as perpetrators were Lee Jae-Yeong and Lee Da-Yeong, a duo from the reigning V-League champions Heungkuk Life Insurance Pink Spiders.

The twin sisters admitted their sins and posted a handwritten apology on their Instagram profiles to the victims of the school abuse, saying they will also meet the victims in person and apologize directly. However, the victim who revealed all this to the media didn’t accept the apology, stressing that “school violence can’t be justified”.

The aftermath of the storm has recently been fierce for the members of the country’s national team as the petition for their permanent removal from volleyball has started. A person who posted a petition on the bulletin board of the official residence of the President of the Republic of Korea urged the head of the country to “clarify the facts of school violence and respond strictly to female volleyball players who conducted it.” What certainly isn’t good for Lee Jae-Yeong and Lee Da-Yeong is that the petition has exceeded the limit of 100 signatures, which obliges authorities to start the investigation.

So far, the Korean Volleyball Federation (KOVO) didn’t start an investigation of its own on the matter nor imposed disciplinary actions against the two players. Their club, the Pink Spiders, will provide psychological treatment to help the sisters but until then, they informed the Incheon-based team they won’t be able to play in the coming period due to the stress they experienced.

The Pink Spiders have another problem as two of their other players, whose names weren’t disclosed, got into a conflict, which the media explained as a result of the built-up tension in the team because of what happened to Lee Jae-Yeong and Lee Da-Yeong.