South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• People like you are the same group of people who made up ridiculous claims about their mum interfering with a pro team's coaching (impossible to have happened, even Park Mihee had to shut down that rumour) just to send personal attacks at them.

Pure speculation on your part. Don't know anything about this user, but nothing in his/her posts allows you to associate this person with the "same group" of rumor mongers out there to attacks the twins.

This forum was a safe space before you came along.

Weird statement coming from someone who barely just joined us a month ago...

• Pure speculation on your part. Don't know anything about this user, but nothing in his/her posts allows you to associate this person with the "same group" of rumor mongers out there to attacks the twins.

Weird statement coming from someone who barely just joined us a month ago...

Because they were downplaying a serious incident where someone was legitimately sent to the hospital from a severe incident where even the police was called - because "they used Instagram" - not that it makes a difference if they had, but from what I'm aware of, they hadn't and Kane likely has no proof for such a claim either.

It should never be okay to downplay a suicide attempt (reported as so, hopefully not) - regardless of the person who did it, why they did it, how severe it was

Been reading the forum for awhile before I joined to comment on the VNLs leading up to the Olympics, in general I find the people here are rational their discussions as well as on other threads, but believe what you will - like them, I have no proof that I had done so.

• you would be surprised how many fan account on IG still support them lol.

Yes they still have many fans on their side.

I'm new here too. And I'm actually here because the way the twins fans acted during the VNL on the page where I followed for Korean volleyball . The insults on the twins' "replacements" were insane. Any attempt to defend Soyoung, Jeongah, Dain or Hyeseon was ridiculed, some even blocked by the admins. In a place that was created to support Korean volleyball, the majority were wishing that the NT would lose every match at the VNL. 😱

-------------------

Anyway, back to volleyball. ^^

Hillstate and KGC had a practice match yesterday, July 1st, with 4 NT players missing from each team. Hillstate won 4-0. KGC performed poorly with the exception of Lee Seonwoo.

From the match article and this interview with libero Kim Yeon-gyeon, Hillstate seems persistent on their way to speed volleyball. Hopefully they can get good results next season to start a change in Korean volleyball.

• It was February 7th that LDY attempt to suicide show. and she pushed like instsgram posts the day. Does this really looks like serious situation? Their public onion in Korea is worst anyway and they will have to retire. Nobody care some few crazy royal fans in instagram. If they really wanted to come back, they should't have done the worst thing to sue the victim. Sending LDY Greece was Pink Spiders intentionally consideres so that Ldy could play because her public opinion was worse than LJY, so it is ridiculous that they blame the club.

• if i’m not wrong, it has been clarified that dy fainted having experienced severe stomach pain, hence was sent to the hospital.

that was the initial report a person from PS gave, but they clarified it afterwards that it was mistakenly conveyed, and didn't address what actually happened
    Kane you're free to think what you will, but I rest my case that someone collapsing (or a possible suicide attempt) should never be downplayed regardless. No timestamp for an Instagram like🤷🏻‍♀️, but even if she did use Instagram, then that's good news that she was fine afterwards. It's completely separate from their other issues (i.e. bullying) after all.

And yes back to volleyball please.

What page was that? Blocking because of defending the other players??? Oof

But yeah the VNL team was really hated a lot though they're rebuilding almost entirely - even by some here too actually...
    I'm happy to see the younger players from Hillstate like Jiyoon & Dahyun & Dain getting a chance and improving too, though its a pity its not in time for the Olympics for sure.

How I wish Kim Yeongyeon was selected for VNLs instead of Han Dahye... but I guess since it wasn't HIllstate's best season.

Hillstate has 2nd best foreigner next season, so they should fare better! They're my team for next season haha (but KGC will be interesting too)

• Oh she updated her IG profile to add "💓🕷🕸𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘳🕸🕷💓" so she's not a new player after all:lol:

Made a guess since she had the same name & her profile pic looked a bit similar

Well either way Pink Spiders are gonna have to find players to fill their roster

• I think Pink Spiders recruited Park Ha Ye-seul (WS/ 173cm) who won MVP in the University Games. Not sure her age, but she's in her 4th year of college.

Lee Juah reposted this on IGS, not 100% if @/yes_dori is Park Ha Yeseul, but her name, profile picture, and other PS members following her on IG seems like it.

Oh she updated her IG profile to add "💓🕷🕸𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘳🕸🕷💓" so she's not a new player after all:lol:

Made a guess since she had the same name & her profile pic looked a bit similar

Well either way Pink Spiders are gonna have to find players to fill their roster

Park Ha Ye-seul who won the MVP in the university game and the yes_dori (Yesol) on Instagram (Pink Spiders' manager) seem to be two completely different people.

Ye-seul ( 예슬 ) and Yesol ( 예솔 ) are written slightly differently in hangul, the former is written with and the latter is written with . Also, the Pink Spiders' manager surname is Kim as shown on their website.

• Yup two different people, just made a guess. She didn't have "manager" in her IG profile previously so I was wondering if she was a new player on PS.

Like Choi Yoon-yi when she joined the roster without any news reports.

Wonder if there are any university players who had forgone rookie draft to pursue higher education, but would be interested in joining the league now (and are good enough to do so too). With 7 clubs in the fray, there's definitely been some dilution of strength in the league

• From the time I started following the Korean league, I haven't seen any female players from university get drafted by the pro teams.

wow

• Yeah rookie drafts are only for high schoolers (or at least, I presume so since the draft picks in the past were all high schoolers)

But perhaps there could've been university students/others who joined amateur clubs, and got recruited by the clubs? Not through draft that is.

I don't know, but also doubt so. All the players recruited by pro clubs from amateur clubs that I know of, had past experiences in the pro league prior to being let go by their club previously (aka was picked in rookie draft before).

If any, will be rare since most good players would've been picked after high school.

• U league on mens side have so much team, meanwhile in women dept only 4 team competed Dankuk U, Mokpo U, Honam U, Wooseok U.
    from what i see, amateur team have better player and play then Univ league.

if im not mistaken this is only 2nd year U league is running, with more match surely it can give hope for the girls who failed to get picked at the draft to play more volleyball after graduation.

Also for player who got picked then released from their team within 1-2 year, i spot one former Gs caltex rookie (Lee Ji Woo).

• it makes me sad when i see players had to leave their team without a chance to prove themselves.

It's such a shame that there're not enough places for everyone. I don't know if we'll ever see the inception of a second division league. :(

------------------------

A small piece of news:

Pepper's foreign player Elizabet Inneh Varga has arrived in Korea. She'll quarantine for two weeks and begin training with the team on the 23rd. (1, 2)

I wonder how Pepper have been conducting their training. :/

Coach Kim Hyungsil previously said that they need 12 players to train (3). They currently have only 8 players and when Varga joins they'll have 9.

• The new S.Korea - 2021-2022 V-League (Women) thread is now opened.

I have also added the KOVO Cup schedule from a source I have not yet been able to find out where it originally came from. From this unverified source, Pepper Savings Bank is not scheduled for any of the matches at the 2021 KOVO Cup Tournament. This matches up with some of the articles I have read stating PSB will not participate in the 2021 KOVO Cup.