South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• I think I read it in one of the past KVL threads about a HS girl that is dubbed the next KYK. What is her name and how has she been growing?

I like to see how she progress and develop as she matures.

I think you are talking about Jung Ho-Young? She was drafted as the first player into KGC, namu wiki and kovo state that she is still 190cm and tbh I am not sure how she performed last season.

The Kovo website is telling me that she played in 20 matches, 38 sets and scored 20 points.

The rookie of the season was Park Hyeon-Ju from Heungkuk Life, for comparison she played in 25 games, 82 sets and scored 103 points.

But since I didnt watch the matches I cant say whether Jung Ho-Young was used more as a MB or on the Left, in the kgc athlete registration it is noted that she will play MB from now on.

That's all I found for now but I'm sure theloneracer knows more about it :D

Edit:

here is her kovo profile and her namu wiki

• thanks, i'll check her out and yeah, i think that's her name.

• Sorry, I have to get this off my chest but am I the only one who thinks Pyo Seung Joo is a horrible player? Full transparency, after watching all her plays on the National team, I couldn't help but cringe every attack she's made. She just doesn't have the height, the speed, the brains to be on the National team. So frustrating!

• Sorry, I have to get this off my chest but am I the only one who thinks Pyo Seung Joo is a horrible player? Full transparency, after watching all her plays on the National team, I couldn't help but cringe every attack she's made. She just doesn't have the height, the speed, the brains to be on the National team. So frustrating!

Like you, I'm not impressed with her performance, but I think she's tall enough...isn't she 182 cm?

• In 2012, I remember looking after some videos on Youtube of Kim playing V-League back then and I came up with some matches from previous years (2008-2010). One of the line-ups was Kim and Hwang You-Joo and they used to play that fast balls with the pin hitters coming to spike in the middle (in my opion, the best ball from Kim).

After that, I followed V-League for years. It's nice to be able to see her back and some these players again. Hwang Youn-Joo was very enjoyable watching also. The same goes for Han Yoo-Mi, Han Song-Yi, Kim Sa Nee, Yang Hyo-Jin, Kim Rae-Ran and all the South Korea's line-up for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games, the best Korea ever had.

Altough these players aren't at their prime anymore and some of them had already retired, this season is gonna be worthwhile.

• I think I read it in one of the past KVL threads about a HS girl that is dubbed the next KYK. What is her name and how has she been growing?

I like to see how she progress and develop as she matures.

Sadly, Jung Ho-Young has not lived up to the South Korean media hype place on her many years ago. She struggled in her first season in the league. Initially, she wanted to play as an outside hitter but her reception is very lacking. From what I have recall reading, JHY will concentrate on playing as a middle blocker this season.

Sorry, I have to get this off my chest but am I the only one who thinks Pyo Seung Joo is a horrible player? Full transparency, after watching all her plays on the National team, I couldn't help but cringe every attack she's made. She just doesn't have the height, the speed, the brains to be on the National team. So frustrating!

Not a fan of Pyo Seung-Ju (PSJ) either but she is a decent enough player. PSJ is an experienced player and like what blue1234 said, PSJ isn't that short standing in at approximately 1.81~1.82m (taller than Lee Jae-Yeong). For me, PSJ is about somewhere around the best of the rest in term of Korean players.

A lot of people have talked about PSJ inclusion in the NT for the past 2 years in the South Korea NT 2019 and 2020 threads (btw we really should be talking about this over there rather than here in the league thread).

Keeping this short, Korea doesn't have a big pool of players to choose from. PSJ got into the NT in 2019 when many of the Korean OH players were injured. PSJ luck out again for the 2020 NT for the AVC Olympic Qualifiers as Lee So-Young was injured again during the 2019-2020 V-League. Lavarini could have chosen other OH's for the qualifiers but I think Lavarini when with a player he knew and knew him and his game plan.

• Like you, I'm not impressed with her performance, but I think she's tall enough...isn't she 182 cm?

You're both right. She's "tall enough" based on Korean women team's standards but she just doesn't have the same effect as an LJY to your point. She's experienced at home but not used to much taller players from the international scene. I'd much rather throw in Park Jung Ah, Lee So Young or Han Hye Jin.

Don't get me started on Kim Hee Jin.... Grr... ^^

• Sadly, Jung Ho-Young has not lived up to the South Korean media hype place on her many years ago. She struggled in her first season in the league. Initially, she wanted to play as an outside hitter but her reception is very lacking. From what I have recall reading, JHY will concentrate on playing as a middle blocker this season.

since she lacks reception, she could play as a non receiving OH like what china does with Zhu Ting, Wang Yie Mei and Ling Ying Ying. Though she would have to be good at terminating balls if she was to play such roles. Good luck to her mb position, maybe if she becomes good enough, we'll see her on the NT in the future.

• since she lacks reception, she could play as a non receiving OH like what china does with Zhu Ting, Wang Yie Mei and Ling Ying Ying. Though she would have to be good at terminating balls if she was to play such roles. Good luck to her mb position, maybe if she becomes good enough, we'll see her on the NT in the future.

Yes, Jung Ho-Young (JHY) could play as a non-receiving OH but only when Diouf is not on the court. If you have both JHY and Diouf on the court at the same time and not receiving then that will leave only two players (2nd OH and libero) to do the receiving. However, I can't see KGC being able to do so with their current players. I know Expressway Hi-pass often only have two players doing the receiving but KGC receivers (excluding Oh Ji-Young) are nowhere near as good as Moon Jung-Won and Yim Myung-Ok.

• Heungkuk Pink Spiders will be streaming their training session live on their youtube channel on Wednesday July 29 at 11:00 KST.

Also, Heungkuk OP Lucia Fresco has arrived in South Korea today.

https://gall.dcinside.com/mgal…eyball&no=1401643&_rk=Hc2

Hyundai E&C Hillstate drafted foreigner Hélène Rousseaux might have arrived in South Korea already too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC_HINKMJuW/

Edit:

KGC Valentina Diouf and GS Caltex Merete Lutz are also on their way.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDJizYwqODw/

https://gall.dcinside.com/mgal…eyball&no=1401708&_rk=eYK

• From the reports it looks like she took her own life....

Go Yoo-Min played in Hyundai from the 2013/2014 season until last season and was especially in later seasons most often used as a backup server and at times even as a libero.

There were some indications that she left the team on bad terms last season, since she was spotted out in public in March (in her hometown Pohang) even though the season wasn't over yet and Hyundai later clarified that she left training without permission and without contacting anyone.

(These sources were rather biased against her and she was criticized by Korean fans.)

On May this year she officially retired even though Hyundai offered her a renewal for the next season but she declined.

Many players posted their condolences on social media including KYK, Kim Suji, Han Songyi, Go Yerim and LDY who was her teammate for the last 6 years.

Rest in Peace Go Yoo-Min