South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• There were some indications that she left the team on bad terms last season, since she was spotted out in public in March (in her hometown Pohang) even though the season wasn't over yet and Hyundai later clarified that she left training without permission and without contacting anyone.

I don't think there was any major discord between the player and the team. Hyundai wanted her to come back and tried to persuade her to return but couldn't. That is why they didn't announce her departure from the team straight away. We can only speculate as to why she decided to quit playing volleyball. Some of the articles that came out today mention that she receives criticism and malicious comments online.

• I don't think there was any major discord between the player and the team. Hyundai wanted her to come back and tried to persuade her to return but couldn't. That is why they didn't announce her departure from the team straight away. We can only speculate as to why she decided to quit playing volleyball. Some of the articles that came out today mention that she receives criticism and malicious comments online.

Yes it seems like the news report that talked about her "running away from training" was blown out of proportion and a lot of korean netizens jumped on the hate-train really quick which is sadly rather usual in Korea with celebs and malicious online comments.

I wasn't trying to imply anything - I think the source that I read was rather biased against her and the whole training "incident".

• Terribly sad news :( I hope everyone has virtual shoulders to lean on.

• Soooo apparently the schedule for the 2020 Kovo Cup has been released ?

They are still discussing whether fans will be allowed inside the venue and what percentage of the Jecheon Gymnasium will be filled.

It's not on the official website yet but some news sites have reported the groups and schedule for both the men and women.

Group A consists of the 1st, 3rd and 5th-placed team from last season; while Group B consists of the 2nd, 4th and 6th-placed team.

Source 1 Source 2 Source 3 Source 4

• Lucía Fresco has completed her 14-day self-quarantine and has joined her team for practice.

Fresco: "I want to touch you (hug)." *claps hands with players #1 and #4

Player #11: *comings running for a hug

Player #4: :what: relax girl no hugging, follow the rules

Player #19: *screams and goes in for a hug

Fresco: "ok we hug."

Lol :rolll:

• So I take it that the team which has KYK will win every match 3-0? :D

Well, maybe? xD

Actually KYK said herself that she feels at like 50% performance right now and can't say whether she will play in the KOVO Cup or not; she will discuss with their Coach and we will see :)

First minute of this one

KOVO also finally uploaded the schedule for the KOVO Cup officially on their SNS and announced that they will admit 10% of the venue capacity to the games (163 spectators). ✔관중 입장 : 전체 좌석의 10%인 163명의 관중 입장 진행

zPi4on5Z-KoCfCTf_KARlCkU7BwQjdR4N9O4Rbmkqmdt3idLcZuYVIg6wYnHWBQZ-TcP7tc7BdlE=s800-nd

Instagram KOVO YouTube Community Tab

• What's the sense/purpose of games of 2 sept? Can that 3 games change the standing? I thought pool games were enough to define semifinals.

I think they added these 3 games to ensure that teams play atleast 1 game versus a team in the other group before the standings are decided. Imagine if you are in a though group where you almost certainly finish 3rd and get knocked out after only 2 games - cool, you can go back home, whereas with the current format you will get one more game to play against a team in the other group which maybe doesn't have such though opponents.

After these 3 games in total the top 4 teams in terms of wins, winning points, set and point ratio get determined and seeded against each other in the semis, while the bottom 2 teams get eliminated. I wouldnt say that this particular day of 3 games can definitely change the standings but it can get some teams valuable points to avoid being 5th or 6th.

I agree with you though, generally pool games are enought to determine semis. I dont know if KOVO has always used this format or changed it in recent years but it seems decently balanced.

• So I take it that the team which has KYK will win every match 3-0? :D

Most likely if KYK is playing. Even without KYK, Heungkuk has a fairly strong team now that the Lee twins are back together. KYK is just the icing on top. But there is one possible weakness in Heungkuk that I can see and that is the libero position.

What's the sense/purpose of games of 2 sept? Can that 3 games change the standing? I thought pool games were enough to define semifinals.

From what I have read, the three extra matches plus the matches in the group stage will decide the ranking for all six teams. Each team will play two matches in their group and then another match against a team from the other group. The teams ranked 1st-4th after this will advance to the semi-final matches. I'm don't yet know how the ranking will be decided. This is the first time that KOVO has introduced this ranking system. I have no objection to this system as I think it is a good thing. More matches for us to enjoy watching.

• Most likely if KYK is playing. Even without KYK, Heungkuk has a fairly strong team now that the Lee twins are back together. KYK is just the icing on top. But there is one possible weakness in Heungkuk that I can see and that is the libero position.

From what I have read, the three extra matches plus the matches in the group stage will decide the ranking for all six teams. Each team will play two matches in their group and then another match against a team from the other group. The teams ranked 1st-4th after this will advance to the semi-final matches. I'm don't yet know how the ranking will be decided. This is the first time that KOVO has introduced this ranking system. I have no objection to this system as I think it is a good thing. More matches for us to enjoy watching.

Yes, Heungkuk reminds me of Tianjin in CVL last year, just gonna wipe the floor with everyone

• Go KIXXXXX :super:

:/

• How can i watch the matches ?

When they start playing, your thread captain and several other good people here will let us know