South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• funny how the T-ara scandal is the first thing that runs through peoples' minds... especially considering the recent AOA scandal is more similar to this case. (but this is way off topic)

Maybe because I am a 2nd-gen fans. 😂 After the Highlight went to the national service I only listen to GFriend & stop following K-Pop in general. 😂 I do heard about AOA’s scandal but don’t really follow it. The last scandal I followed was Seungri’s involvement in THAT certain topic.

SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC

• Also there was the Pink Spiders senior who forced Kim Yuri to quit as well and she went to work at the convenience store for a few years.

At the end of the day, "bullying" is very common in sports, the twins are not saints but they some how there is an element of "bad luck" as they are larger than life.

Just look at the drama "Run On", the track & field athlete also got bullied and beaten up (and Im Si Wan's character had to stand up for him and was forced to quit); so I believe this is very common all across sports in south korea and also rest of the world as even though I have not experienced it as as a school athlete, it also happened in my country when I speak to my other friends who played basketball for eg.

• (OT)

Maybe because I am a 2nd-gen fans. 😂 After the Highlight went to the national service I only listen to GFriend & stop following K-Pop in general. 😂 I do heard about AOA’s scandal but don’t really follow it. The last scandal I followed was Seungri’s involvement in THAT certain topic.

SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC

We are mostly 2nd gen fans here. My ults were 2NE1, SNSD, Secret, MBLAQ and B.A.P! But I listened to almost every group before. Last year I got back into K-Pop and so far I have only stan one group which is different back then. My ult right now is ONF(pronouced as On and Off).

Just look at the drama "Run On", the track & field athlete also got bullied and beaten up (and Im Si Wan's character had to stand up for him and was forced to quit); so I believe this is very common all across sports in south korea and also rest of the world as even though I have not experienced it as as a school athlete, it also happened in my country when I speak to my other friends who played basketball for eg.

Run On was really really a good drama.

• Also there was the Pink Spiders senior who forced Kim Yuri to quit as well and she went to work at the convenience store for a few years.

At the end of the day, "bullying" is very common in sports, the twins are not saints but they some how there is an element of "bad luck" as they are larger than life.

Hence the moral of the twins getting banned is NOT to normalize bullying in sports or in any area in general. It's not by some "bad luck", it's karma.

If you want to appeal you could always just make your own petition lol

• Bullying culture/ being too harsh on their athletes, kpop stars - sometimes i wish the koreans could be kinder to their own people.

I remember IBK's Kim Heejin's recent interview with the spike, she mentioned if they play well, they receive compliments, but if they dont, they'd receive tons of criticisms. It's like she's resigned to their athletes' fate of receiving backlash whenever things dont go well.

This bullying, harsh criticisms are so deeply embedded into the Korean culture, it seems there isnt any way out - regardless of changes in laws, social movements etc.

I do feel bad for those athletes/kpop idols who put in best efforts receive nothing but online bashing.

• With the official announcement of the twins' punishment - my time here has come to an end, for now atleast.

The twins is what got me into the V-League and Volleyball in general - I've never played VB in my life nor was I ever interested in it apart from watching/reading Haikyuu.

I've come to the realization that I care less about anything that concerns the Korean League now that the twins arent gonna be in it for a while. There are other players that I like and follow on Social Media, but I've noticed that I simply dont care enough about anyone to be invested anymore.

In the last two weeks my interest dropped from watching every single match to watching only full-time Heungkuk matches, to only watching highlights to not watching at all and only checking results later on.

To be fair, watching the full matches also got increasingly hard now that all the youtube channels were copyright-nuked by KOVO but still I dont have the same determination to get up early to watch the 8:00 AM matches.

I became a fan back in May/June 2020 and this was the first season I really watched - needless to say it didnt go as I had anticipated.

I dont care who wins the league, who gets MVP or Best 7 - no offense to any players/teams, like I said I dont dislike any of them.

But I simply dont care anymore - this has also reached the National Team, previously I watched all the 2019 World Cup matches and the OC matches - now without the two of them it doesnt matter to me if the OG get cancelled again or take place and how well Korea will do in the tournament.

Maybe im selfish and childish but thats just how I feel at the moment. I dont argue with all the well-made points in the last couple of pages about the twins' punishment and that their actions were horrible - I agree with them, but I just wanna see them play again. Watching their highlights on youtube has always made me happy and I just loved watching them being happy, smiling and laughing on court and off court - now all of that is gone.

When I started watching V-League I certainly didnt imagine that it will turn into an all-out K-Pop fandom-war-drama like every year in October/November when MAMA votings start....

I will probably return once the twins return but I dont know if I will ever be as invested in watching and contributing in VB boards like this ever again.

I do wish the Korean NT all the best regardless for the OG, maybe KYK will get that medal to complete her trophy case, but looking at their competition I doubt it.

Until then take care y'all and see you again.

• What in tf are you talking about? This is not cancel culture, this is a change to bullying itself. Why couldn't those two twins have been kinder then? maybe then they wouldn't be involved in this shit in the first place?

• What in tf are you talking about? This is not cancel culture, this is a change to bullying itself. Why couldn't those two twins have been kinder then? maybe then they wouldn't be involved in this shit in the first place?

well.. im saying as a general whole, not particularly on the twins issue.

Obviously bullying isnt right, but im talking about athletes who did their best but still receiving backlash from knets.

• well.. im saying as a general whole, not particularly on the twins issue.

Obviously bullying isnt right, but im talking about athletes who did their best but still receiving backlash from knets.

You never heard of Tiger Woods?

I'm not sure you truly grasp the effects of bullying. South Korea has been lenient towards bullies may it be in the form of a teammate, parents, boss, etc. If they were to be lenient towards the twins despite the act violence they committed in the past then that's going to further send the message that it's okay to torment and make others suffer.

• There are many athletes to choose from in volleyball around the world. The twins are very expressive and hence why they are entertaining. Remember we are trying to create connections to this sport even if you have never played. Some players carry their emotions on every play, Karakurt for Turkey as an example. Others are just onto the next point.

The FIVB (I am a writer for it) is trying to display the fun parts and the personalities of people to make it one to follow even as a casual fan. Sadly as humans were are not perfect, and often make regrettable mistakes. If you came for the twins, please stay because some other people are out there trying to do good things in this sport.

• well.. im saying as a general whole, not particularly on the twins issue.

Volleyball - a sport that emphasises and heavily relies on teamwork banning someone who bullied their teammate? oh my god the audacity! Why did they have to punish these hardworking angels

• Every sportman due to criticism and hatred if they not played well, all over the world and all kind of sport, it comes with the jobs.

That’s why as an athlete mental strength is as important as physical strenght.

This aspect is often neglected in South Korea.

still pissed they just swept Go YuMin case under the rug just like that.

Back to volleyball, i just see the schedule

GS vs Hipass twice in a week lol

• With the official announcement of the twins' punishment - my time here has come to an end, for now atleast.

The twins is what got me into the V-League and Volleyball in general - I've never played VB in my life nor was I ever interested in it apart from watching/reading Haikyuu.

I've come to the realization that I care less about anything that concerns the Korean League now that the twins arent gonna be in it for a while. There are other players that I like and follow on Social Media, but I've noticed that I simply dont care enough about anyone to be invested anymore.

Oh dear ! I do hope you’ll change your mind, or at least keep in touch. You know in Volleyball, as in life itself there’re ups and downs. I am a big supporter of the Thai women’s team...my biggest idol is setter Nootsara. The Thai team very nearly qualified for Rio 2016, if not for some very poor umpiring decisions in a crucial match in the Asian qualifiers. Just imagine how I felt. I wanted to give the whole Rio 2016 a miss !

The twins will definitely bounce back from this temporary setback, they’re in their prime of their Volleyball career and if they are banned from playing in Korea, other countries will welcome them to join their leagues. I thinking perhaps Japan, China or even Taiwan. The culture there is similar to Korea and they are just a short hop away, by flight.

Whatever you decide, we all hope you’ll be happy 😃

• Focusing on sport side. Aby chance that Heungkuk will secure top3? I don't know how the second setter and Bruna Moraes are playing.

I think also that Kim will play worse with this situation about them and national team.

• Focusing on sport side. Aby chance that Heungkuk will secure top3? I don't know how the second setter and Bruna Moraes are playing.

I think also that Kim will play worse with this situation about them and national team.

The ball is round, there are about 6-7 games left, I guess top 3 is possible if they at least win half of the games left and hi-pass doesn't win all the games.

As they are like 14 points ahead of no 3 - expressway hi-pass but only 5 points ahead of GS Caltex.

It's currently 1. Pink spiders (50 points), 2. GS Caltex (45 points), 3. hi-pass (36 points)

https://www.kovo.co.kr/main.asp

Based on what I saw from Bruna on TV, she looks like the the bottom half foreign player but she is still new and needs to gel with the team and play/ so probably got to give her a chance but she only has 7 games to warm up.

Back up setter(s) looks uninspiring compared to LDY but most of the main setters even in the other teams are quite far from LDY's current athletic and skillset anyway.

• So tommorow is the most important game. If they win, they will finish at top3 and play on semifinals. Kim has to play the best volleyball she can to help Heungkuk

I saw % from Bruna and she played very bad. But I'm talking only bout attack succes rate. I didnt watch her live

• So tommorow is the most important game. If they win, they will finish at top3 and play on semifinals. Kim has to play the best volleyball she can to help Heungkuk

I saw % from Bruna and she played very bad. But I'm talking only bout attack succes rate. I didnt watch her live

Without the twins, I don't think they can win even if they go on semifinals, unless a miracle happens (Miracles do happen).

So far Bruna looks quite poor on TV... compared to the other foreigners. But she only played a few mins here and there.

But hey she moved from Brazil to Korea which is a vastly different environment from Brazil.

So let's see, they don't have a choice anyway but play her for the next 7 games or so.