South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• @suminj I just realize from your post: The players get paid in million wons, not thousand. 700k KRW is 620 USD. :lol:

IBK probably don't expect that Heejin will perform her best next season either. She's risking it again for the Olympics and who knows how this decision will affect her in the future. Her salary still went down too much IMO.

Soyoung is getting paid more than Jaeyeong (after their first FA) . Maybe teams has to pay more to convince players to leave their former teams, especially when the former team is doing so well, cause Soyoung is clearly not as good as Jaeyeong. The fact that SY helped GS Caltex win all of the titles last season probably helped.

Hyojin had the worst season in her career but still managed to maintain a position in the Best 7 as well as her top salary. I guess the fans of the league really like her a lot. She started to make a comeback in the final rounds of last season though so I think she had a better case than Heejin. I'll be looking forward to Hyojin's as well as Hillstate's performance next season.

Just for fun :P Our 9 consecutive year salary queen :obey:

• motodle Haha yes, but I generally just treat 1,000krw = $1 (without any currency conversion lol)

Yeah SY isn't as good as the 6.5억 she's paid. But many factors: she came off of a triple crown win (though if you ask me, Lutz is MVP)

Without KYK/LJY/LDY in the league, she has the next largest and growing popularity at the moment with her "Soyoung sunbae"

KGC likely wants to sign her to cement her as their franchise star so they offered that much. And SY being injury prone & missing many matches, she also wanted to be promised contract conditions that guarantees she'll be paid her Option pay (they agreed on minimum 50% matches played).

I like Hyojin too haha, so that's why I said I'm not against her still getting 7억. She did start to come back alive in the latter half of the season, and the bottom place loss is not her fault alone. After all, she's always had consistent & good performance before this, with great personality and leadership, as well as loyalty to the franchise. Not to mention her popularity.

Hopefully the team to watch next year will be Hillstate! ngl I absolutely loved their 2017 and 2019 seasons so very much, the whole team - even coach Dohee's coaching style.

• Apparently Pink Spiders played a practice match against IBK and lost 0-4

Even without IBK's 4 players on the team (Heejin, Yuk, Pyo, Suji)

Feel bad for Pink Spiders members, they're the most unfortunate through all that's happened

Guess it'll be quite even between Pepper and Heungguk next season

• Eugh eventhough i lost respect for them, still watching the interview is kinda sad for them, Not given a second chance in life is not fair, i wish reporter would ask the victim if the kneeling apology at middle school time were true or not, because if they left that part out is kinda messed up.

and if all they said about heungkuk is true, thats even disgusting, the director should be fired, i dont know about Park Mi Hee she probably didnt have any say in this matter.

• In the interview with the twins, they asked them about the feud with KYK. :gone: (Twins didn't comment though.)

They said they will share more about that matter at a later time instead, since now they are currently dealing with school bullying.

Think that's the best thing to have done - for both sides too, since Olympics is coming up. Address it afterwards if there's really a need to, KYK can focus on training with the team for Olympics, twins focus on addressing school bullying accusations.

ngl I'm quite curious about what had happened, but I'm also perfectly fine without ever finding out too, in fact the KGC internal conflict was way worse, with teammates even (supposedly) blocking & outcasting Yeom, but no one - esp not the media - cared at all

Of the whole interview I was most shocked that it was Pink Spiders insisting for DY to go overseas against her wishes (that they would not renew her contract otherwise) Everyone was bashing her so much for it, thinking she arranged it behind PS/KOVO's back, wanting to return on court immediately

Originally felt their interview may not have been the best idea, but hearing more clarification about all the issues... makes me wonder why the victim's story was so drastically different. Honestly creepy whichever side is not telling the truth.
    (money/hitting being a sports team thing - common btw haha, even my school sports team collected money for people who were late/couldn't run suicides under a certain timing/etc, or slaps on the hand, flick on forehead as 'punishment'- stemming from games)

• Eugh eventhough i lost respect for them, still watching the interview is kinda sad for them, Not given a second chance in life is not fair, i wish reporter would ask the victim if the kneeling apology at middle school time were true or not, because if they left that part out is kinda messed up.

I don't think the interviewer in the victims interview knew about this apology at that time, because this detail was revealed in this new interview with the twins, or am I wrong? The apology was for the knife situation, which DY talked about for the first time yesterday. (She also denied having held the knife to the victim's neck.)

Yeah, the piece about the Greece transfer was most shocking to me too. Not only DY was bashed by her haters, but her fans were glad that she could return to court. :( So I guess the transfer won't happen then?

I'm not sure what to think about the whole playing abroad thing anymore after the twins said the transfer wasn't what they want. Maybe they'll rethink when there's an offer that they actually like? The chance to return to the domestic league is still slim with all the hate they're getting until today.

• Surprised they aren't considering CVL or Japan's V-league. I guess they really don't want to play abroad. There aren't many setters better than LDY in CVL or outsides better than LJY in Japan's V-league.

• Yeah what i mean is follow up interview, not the previous one. I guess we gonna know about it when it goes to court.

they probably take any offer if they can play Volleyball again.

from Heungkuk standpoint probably they wanna make money from transfer, Paok has to pay some amount right?

• Surprised they aren't considering CVL or Japan's V-league. I guess they really don't want to play abroad. There aren't many setters better than LDY in CVL or outsides better than LJY in Japan's V-league.

Korea has a great environment, its very comfortable for all their players haha - pay is great, conditions and training/care is good.

As for whether they want to play abroad, both twins have said before it was their dream to play abroad.

JY said she gave up on that dream because she's more realistic - due to her height so she needs to jump a lot more and its taxing on her knees, said she was worried if she went overseas to play, the foreign club may not assist her as much in maintaining her body/condition.

DY said it's her dream & intention to play overseas one day - thats why everyone thought it was her choice to go abroad.

But in the interview, she said she wanted to stay in Korea - having to choose between staying to play in Pink Spiders vs playing overseas/Greece, and PS was the one that had found an agency & arranged the transfer.

from Heungkuk standpoint probably they wanna make money from transfer, Paok has to pay some amount right?

I'm actually most curious about this, I don't think clubs really gain much from transferring a player overseas - unless the overseas league can offer much higher? But if a player is good enough to be offered so much (like KYK at her prime), what club will wish to let such a player go willingly?

They gain much more from them voluntarily withdrawing, and having them return to play at their club when they return to Korea with more popularity/better skills.

But I heard that PAOK offered way lower for Dayeong (was it ~150k? vs her current 400k) , since Greece league definitely does not pay as well as Korea does.

Fans thought she chose to go cause of the hate she'd receive if she stayed.

they probably take any offer if they can play Volleyball again.

hahahah everyone's been talking about Pepper, even on dcgall lol

if the investigation results are positive, I do wonder

• I'm actually most curious about this, I don't think clubs really gain much from transferring a player overseas - unless the overseas league can offer much higher? But if a player is good enough to be offered so much (like KYK at her prime), what club will wish to let such a player go willingly?

They gain much more from them voluntarily withdrawing, and having them return to play at their club when they return to Korea with more popularity/better skills.

But I heard that PAOK offered way lower for Dayeong (was it ~150k? vs her current 400k) , since Greece league definitely does not pay as well as Korea does.

Fans thought she chose to go cause of the hate she'd receive if she stayed.

No one knows how to properly (and peacefully) transfer a Korean player to a foreign league, not even the KVA. :cheesy:

Joking aside, speculation mode on. :teach:

I also think Heungkuk aimed for money because they tried to push for a loan transfer.

It looks like Heungkuk doesn't think that DY can return to court, at least for the next season. They don't want to pay her and not have her play. By loaning her, PAOK would shoulder her salary. Since the Greece league doesn't pay as well, not sure if Heungkuk agreed to pay DY the remaining amount that she's supposed to get? But even reducing the pay partially would be a net gain for Heungkuk.

This part could be wrong because I don't know the transfer rules but since loan contract means that the Korean club has to give up a player's service, it makes sense if the Korean club is able to ask for financial compensation from the foreign club. I can't imagine any club would just let their player go to another club for nothing, not to mention in this particular case, the player is Korea's best setter at the moment.

--------------------

Another thing I'm really surprised about is what JY and DY were willing to do in order to keep their contracts with Heungkuk alive. According to them, they:

- wrote those apology letters with the content given by Heungkuk.

- stayed silent this whole time. (Their interview was broadcast on the same day Heungkuk ended their contracts by not registered them as players.)

- agreed to an unwanted transfer. (DY was gonna live in an unfamiliar country whose language she doesn't know, against her own will? :aww:)

Anyway, let's not forget that these are still one-sided statements from the twins at this point. Since we already have a bunch of contradictions between the victims' and the twins' stories, I can't wait to see what Heungkuk will bring to this drama. :roll:

• The problem lies with KVA and their system yea. If it works the way I suspect it does, then there's no club that would want to send a good player overseas, yet only good players can receive offers to play overseas🤷🏻‍♀️Always better to just lock that player in your roster by having them voluntarily withdraw instead, but at least players now have the choice to do that. No harm returning to the club after - unless they have bad blood like KYK & PS.

Last I heard Pink Spiders doesn't need to pay the twins their salary during their indefinite suspension so... but registering them will still take up salary cap space - which could be a reason. But they are also able to renegotiate a player's salary when registering for a new season to lower it too, which was what people were suspecting would happen for the twins - not sure how this works for players with multi-year contracts though.
    It won't be fair if mid-way a 3 year contract, your club insists on lowering your salary...? What player would agree?

-------

True that twins side of story isn't confirmed yet, but surprisingly even knetz haters are believing it - though they aren't impressed by it nor did it change what they think of them.

DY is one thing, but I'm shocked that PS treated Jaeyeong like that as well - her being their beloved franchise star all along, and staying loyal to them during FA. Everyone was expecting her to receive max salary of 700k, but she only received 600k - though people suspect twins each both accepted slightly lower in order to play on the same team.

PS said "no comment" when asked about twins' interview lol, since they are no longer registered players under their club:read:

• Any update about the suicide attempt in february? Is it confirmed was really LDY?

Still not 100% as no one brought it up again after the bullying accusations, but at the point of news release it was pretty much close to confirmed it was her.

Yonhap news which first posted it, included her name in the tags #이다영 before deleting it. Many other articles have also alluded to it being her quite obviously.

Aside from the hate she received after their 0-3 loss to GS (as well as being blamed for every game PS lost)

/tw Some fans have suspected it could have been related to Go Yoomin's birthday on 9th Feb too (the attempt was 1 day before that), as DY had also posted several IG posts with a photo of a flower bouquet & captions which seemed to be messages to Go Yoomin on 7th Feb - "I'm sorry and I love you", "Thank you so much for hanging in there till the end"

They were really close as teammates in Hillstate and always shared how they relied on one another during difficult times.

• I doubt it was a really serious attempt:whistle:On that day even LJY did instagram and LDY was discharged from the hospital in a day and did instagram too.

More than anything I hope it wasn't a serious attempt - or that it was even an attempt. Though it appears that we have different intentions for thinking so.

Neither of them "did" Instagram on or after that day. LJY's instagram is also private to everyone but her close friends - so how are you even claiming to know she posted on Instagram? 🧐Dayeong hadn't as well, her very next post after that bouquet of flowers was the apology letter.

People like you are the same group of people who made up ridiculous claims about their mum interfering with a pro team's coaching (impossible to have happened, even Park Mihee had to shut down that rumour) just to send personal attacks at them. This forum was a safe space before you came along.

• More than anything I hope it wasn't a serious attempt - or that it was even an attempt. Though it appears that we have different intentions for thinking so.

Neither of them "did" Instagram on or after that day. LJY's instagram is also private to everyone but her close friends - so how are you even claiming to know she posted on Instagram? 🧐Dayeong hadn't as well, her very next post after that bouquet of flowers was the apology letter.

People like you are the same group of people who made up ridiculous claims about their mum interfering with a pro team's coaching (impossible to have happened, even Park Mihee had to shut down that rumour) just to send personal attacks at them. This forum was a safe space before you came along.

They both pushed "Like" on other post understand? I am more amazed people at twins advocater like you. I have been on this forum longer than you have and you joined here to defend twins right?