2020 CEV Junior Volleyball Championship

• Well,the tournament is going to begin and I didn't see a thread about this tournament so there it is

This tournament will be co-held at Bosnia and Herzegonia and Croatia from 22 to 30 August

The participating teams are:Rusia,Italy,Turkey,Serbia,Germany,

Slovakia,Bulgaria,Belarus,France,Poland

The 2nd and 3rd round couldn't be realised so the teams in this group stage is based in 2018 ranking

The drawing pool is going to be at 23 July

• Italy is already training and is going to retain the crown since they're the reigning champions

Also get revenge with Russia that won u17 at 2018

I wanna see them and Frosini that if she didn't get injured at semi finals,they should have won the u18 world championship

• Italy is already training and is going to retain the crown since they're the reigning champions

Also get revenge with Russia that won u17 at 2018

I wanna see them and Frosini that if she didn't get injured at semi finals,they should have won the u18 world championship

I guess Frosini is going to be benched. Bintu Diop will be the starter. This team is even stronger than the one in Egypt. Anna Adelusi, Bassi and Diop weren't there.

• I guess Frosini is going to be benched. Bintu Diop will be the starter. This team is even stronger than the one in Egypt. Anna Adelusi, Bassi and Diop weren't there.

I don't know that diop

How is her? Where she play?

• She's a very good prospect, very tall (I believe she's around 195) and left handed with a strong swing, she was the MVP at last year u18 italian championship with Volleyrò. She's not on Egonu level or anything, but definetly interesting.

Volleyro isn't savino's young team?

Now i remember see her

Yeah she impressed me when i first saw at that tournament but i think frosini is still better

• Volleyro isn't savino's young team?

Now i remember see her

Yeah she impressed me when i first saw at that tournament but i think frosini is still better

Volleyrò has a deal and they are sponsored by Savino since 2-3 years or so, but it isn't their youth team. They've been one of the (if not the) best youth team in Italy for years, they won the last 6 u18 italian championship in a row. Many A1 and A2 players come from there (Pietrini, Danesi, Cambi, Nwakalor...)

• Marconato and Nwakalor are good competitors for her, but she can make it. IMO Graziani has a secure spot.

I think that nwakalor has also a secure spot

• Serbian wide roster

https://www.cev.eu/Competition…aspx?TeamID=11712&ID=1201

and my prediction for 14 will be something like this:

s: Vrcelj, Tišma

opp: Kockarević, Savić/Taubner

oh: Ćirković, Cvetković, Milanović, Sajić

mb: Kurtagić, Malešević, Drobnjak, Savićević

l: Gočanin, Medved

Ofc for some girls from this list i dont know anything but anyway i doubt that there will be major deviations, these are mostly players who have already proven (more or less) themselves at the senior level in the clubs they come from.

• Sude Hacımustafaoğlu, Dalia Wilson, Damla Tokman are some of the names I will really be curious of performance-wise.

I don't know much about the other teams but this Turkish team should again at least do decent I think. Better prognosis I can do after the first matches of the teams.

• How iw this group level? Last ech tournaments for serbia have been so bad and didn't even qualify to wch

• Last ech tournaments for serbia have been so bad and didn't even qualify to wch

Actually Serbia on u19 ECH 2018 (last tournaments) finished 5th, personaly i did't mention that result as so bad and junior national team played on last year u20 World Championship, maybe you think as this group so their results in u17,18 categorie.

How iw this group level?

IMO many girls improve a lot in last season, as Vrcelj, Kockarevic, Kurtagic, Gočanin;

and next to them there are promising player like Ćirković, Cvetkovic on OH position.

I dont know about level of other team's and position of Serbia in comparation to other's but in general this is solid generation, not nearly the best, but solid on every position.

I expect at least the same result as previous generation or better than that.

• Matthias

Changed the title of the thread from “2020 CEV JUNIOR VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP” to “2020 CEV Junior Volleyball Championship”.
  • I meant in comparison to last decade where they get to wch finals and also be ech champions

• This year we will see most of this roster in Turkish league. 11 player so far.

Lila, Ipar, Gülçe, Hilal will play for Fenerbahçe.

Derin Ezgi-Sude Pehlivan for Beşiktaş.

Nur ozaydinli for Karayolları

Elifsu, Sude hacimustafaoglu, Beren for Galatasaray.

Ilayda for Yeşilyurt.

This is good news for Turkish volleyball IMO.

• Agreed. Ironically we owe it to ongoing economic crisis, with their usual budgets most of those teams wouldn't bother to play with young locals...

• i gonna see the russian team

Normally they are powerful at ech but in wch they fail and i ask why