CEV Champions League 2021

• 4th round

ABCDE
    Busto ArisizioConegliano Vakifbank Eczacibasi Dinamo Kazan
    RzesowNantesMulhoseLokomotiv KaliningradChemic Police
    SchwerinFenerbahceMaritza PlovdidLP SaloOlomouc
    W 2nd 15/16Uralochka W 2nd 13/14 W 2nd 17/18Novara
  • Qualification rounds were completely drawn by accident without any presetting! CEV is once more insane...

Lucky were Moscow, which has only easy opponenents, and also Lodz.

The really difficult path is 3. vs. 4. : Scandicci will have easy living against Serbian underdog, but than will meet winner of Stuttgart vs. Minsk.

• What about the next round? Who will play against each other?

1st round

1/2: Hapoel - Lks Lodz

3/4: Mladost Zagreb - Calcit Kamnik

5/6: Scandicci - Tent Obrenovac

7/8: Stutgart - Minchanka Minsk

9/10: Vasas Budapest - Dynamo Moscow

11/12: Prometey Kamyanske - Khimik Yuzhny

2nd round

13/14: W 1st 1/2 - W 1st 3/4

15/16: W 1st 5/6 - W 1st 7/8

17/18: W 1st 9/10 - W 1st 11/12

One problem will be that probably Dynamo Moscow will be winner of Vasas-Dynamo matches and in the second round they will have to face with one Ukranian team and i think that that isn't possible, but i am not sure are that 100% true and what will happen in that case.

• Altogether Moscow should join pool D with Eczacibasi, Kaliningrad and Salo; (LKS) Lodz should join pool C with VakifBank, Mulhouse and Plovdiv.

Pool E expects interesting decision, Busto Arsizio, Rzeszow and Schwerin will expect either Scandicci, Stuttgart or Minsk (guessed order of likeliness).

• Qualification rounds were completely drawn by accident without any presetting! CEV is once more insane...

Lucky were Moscow, which has only easy opponenents, and also Lodz.

The really difficult path is 3. vs. 4. : Scandicci will have easy living against Serbian underdog, but than will meet winner of Stuttgart vs. Minsk.

Why is that insane? Clubs like Scandicci, Lodz or Stuttgart shouldn't even be in draw if there is no compromise by CEV, and you expect that they are also presetted ?! If they get favour, they need to fight with no matter who...

• Altogether Moscow should join pool D with Eczacibasi, Kaliningrad and Salo; (LKS) Lodz should join pool C with VakifBank, Mulhouse and Plovdiv.

Pool E expects interesting decision, Busto Arsizio, Rzeszow and Schwerin will expect either Scandicci, Stuttgart or Minsk (guessed order of likeliness).

A easy path for Vakifbank... a balanced pool A.

For me, Pool D is the group of death. With this rule ( i didnt like at all) about best 3 ranked second places advancing to the next round... lose points can be dangerous.

• every group besides pool C has at least 3 good teams IMO.

• Why is that insane? Clubs like Scandicci, Lodz or Stuttgart shouldn't even be in draw if there is no compromise by CEV, and you expect that they are also presetted ?! If they get favour, they need to fight with no matter who...

Absolutely agree. What’s more, I think these qualifiers must have looked like champions will only be able to play with league champions, while the rest of them are fighting among themselves, I find it completely pointless to have a EUROPEAN competition where 4 teams from one country will play (and three is a lot ; 2 + 1i can to swallow because of the attractiveness), also applies to Italy, Turkey, Russia, Poland, no matter how strong these teams are, there are leagues in which they can show their quality, not everyone has to play the CHAMPIONS League (it is not called without reasons so).

• Absolutely agree. What’s more, I think these qualifiers must have looked like champions will only be able to play with league champions, while the rest of them are fighting among themselves, I find it completely pointless to have a EUROPEAN competition where 4 teams from one country will play (and three is a lot ; 2 + 1i can to swallow because of the attractiveness), also applies to Italy, Turkey, Russia, Poland, no matter how strong these teams are, there are leagues in which they can show their quality, not everyone has to play the CHAMPIONS League (it is not called without reasons so).

I agree. Last year champions could only play with champions and that was okey, like in football. If we want to play some competition only with clubs from best leagues, than it is not called Champions league. This is competition of champions, not clubs which finished 4th or 5th in their league. CEV need to encourage teams from lower leagues to invest money and attract sponsors, and they can do that only if they play biggest european competitions. If we protect clubs from biggest league, we will kill all other leagues and clubs.

• For me its much more attractive with 3 or 4 teams from the best leagues. They could raise the competition to play off 12 and give more spaces at the next round.

I think that the reverse still ocurrs. This teams ranked second, third or fouth in their league with a spot in champions league should be abble to cath more sponsors.

In the past, the teams some teams who finished third were abble to go play Cev Cup. Who i think that its a better solution than dicrease drastically the level of the competition.

• With this system in first round it would have been possible, that Moscow had to play Scandicci. And with enough luck, one really weak team could have avoided any stronger team... (i.e. the best five)

• CEV need to encourage teams from lower leagues to invest money and attract sponsors, and they can do that only if they play biggest european competitions. If we protect clubs from biggest league, we will kill all other leagues and clubs.

This supposed to be my second comment about it, from frist to last word, and this is so important for future improving of volleyball, european elitistic centralism will not bring anything good for volleyball in general.This is no opposition to any previously written post, I just wanted to express my opinion and this draw was perhaps the right opportunity.

• With this system in first round it would have been possible, that Moscow had to play Scandicci. And with enough luck, one really weak team could have avoided any stronger team... (i.e. the best five)

So what? I would like that happen, because that teams shouldn't even play in CL, and we need to carry for them.. That "weak" teams are champions and this is Champions League. Scandicci and Moscow need to go to CEV Cup and CEV must make second good competition with sponsors and good awards.

Or we can make Euroleague like in basketball and play with 15 best Europe teams, but then will all other leagues go down, and volleyball will loose a lot.

• I think there's currently a travel ban from Italy to Serbia. I don't know if it will be extended or what happens next

I mean you can travel but you need to do testing before travelling and after you came home. Probably,...

Players will do so much testing this year :D

• I agree. Last year champions could only play with champions and that was okey, like in football. If we want to play some competition only with clubs from best leagues, than it is not called Champions league. This is competition of champions, not clubs which finished 4th or 5th in their league. CEV need to encourage teams from lower leagues to invest money and attract sponsors, and they can do that only if they play biggest european competitions. If we protect clubs from biggest league, we will kill all other leagues and clubs.

I couldn't disagree more. 'The competition is called champions league so it should be played with only champions' might be the weakest argument I've ever read in this forum.

Whatever the name is CL is the platform that best European teams compete. It is not like only 4 top league is represented in CL. There are many champions from weak leagues and they don't add anything to the level of the competition. Having 3-0 games in a cl match is not good way to promote volleyball in Europe.

Being just champion in an extremely weak league shouldn't give a free card to enter the highest level competition

• first your favourite Team hast to qualify!!!... i hope you do not talk so Disrespectfull about some Teams again , like in the Challengecup-threat ...

• I couldn't disagree more. 'The competition is called champions league so it should be played with only champions' might be the weakest argument I've ever read in this forum.

To put it mildly, this is a bad interpretation of what was said, not to say a complete fabrication, the story had a much broader and deeper meaning. Although if it has not been understood yet, it is not worth it, ..........