CEV Champions League 2021

• ŁKS is already in second round.

Hapoel is not able to travel to Poland because of lockdown in Israel. Beside that, club had information about players with Covid-19 on Sep 9, but contacted CEV one week later.

I mean great for LSK, great team, they would probably win easily anyway, but shame on CEV, it is not fair, we have the similar situation with Scandicci and Tent, Scandicci is not able to travel to Serbia because of quarantine period when she back in Italy from Serbia, but that is great Italian club with lot of money, i mean it is clear situation that Scandicci probably will easily win, but CEV like unique federation mustn't engage in such predictions, why they play the game at all (to pay the participation fee probably).

Anyway Scandicci and Tent will play 2 games 22. and 23.9. in Scandicci both games, Tent in that case didn't have a choice (at the end they have, 2 games in Scandicci or disqualification).

SHAME ON CEV.

• I mean great for LSK, great team, they would probably win easily anyway, but shame on CEV, it is not fair, we have the similar situation with Scandicci and Tent, Scandicci is not able to travel to Serbia because of quarantine period when she back in Italy from Serbia, but that is great Italian club with lot of money, i mean it is clear situation that Scandicci probably will easily win, but CEV like unique federation mustn't engage in such predictions, why they play the game at all (to pay the participation fee probably).

Anyway Scandicci and Tent will play 2 games 22. and 23.9. in Scandicci both games, Tent in that case didn't have a choice (at the end they have, 2 games in Scandicci or disqualification).

SHAME ON CEV.

Agree with you, Bogdan. CEV is such a mess.

The first version was both games will be played on Łódź. CEV and ŁKS agreed that (ŁKS was required to pay for Hapoel's accomodation, flight tickets etc).

Yesterday afternoon, ŁKS's president said Hapoel was forced by CEV to flight to Poland with all healthy players. But apparently, CEV changed the decision once again.

• Also the match between Stuttgart - Minchanka Minsk won't be played, because one member of Minchanka Minsk team has Corona:( This means Stuttgart

automatically is placed for the second round of CL.

• Honestly this Champions League should have been either canceled or at least postponed to the spring (depending on how the situation is going to be then) with a shortned formula, international travel right now should be avoided

I fully agree, new formula with shorter time.

• How is this Tent team?

Eurovolley TV seems free also this season..

Young team (avg 18,5 yo), solid setter, she used to play fast volleyball, captain Lazic is player similar to Blagojevic, tricky, good receiver and she is the only one above 20 yo in starting six (plus setter), in general just average team for cev cl standards.

• And Tent is from ThermalPowerStation (Termo elektrana on serbian) Nikola Tesla.

just as fun fact.

• Scandicci will officially play with the winner of the match Prometey-Khimik, Dinamo Moscow will play with Stuttgart. If Scandicci would win and go to the 4th round, it will be playing in Pool A with Busto Arsizio, Schwerin and Developres Rzeszow.

• Scandicci will officially play with the winner of the match Prometey-Khimik, Dinamo Moscow will play with Stuttgart. If Scandicci would win and go to the 4th round, it will be playing in Pool A with Busto Arsizio, Schwerin and Developres Rzeszow.

Yes, and the winner of Moscow vs. Stuttgart goes into pool with Eczacibasi and Kaliningrad.

• It seems, that they might revert the change: Moscow is willing to play Khimik Yuzhne as drawn when playing on neutral ground, Belorus or Turkey. If this will happen, also Scandicci will play Stuttgart as originally drawn.

This is complete chaos: strange rules and if they stick to them is subject of change.

• It seems, that they might revert the change: Moscow is willing to play Khimik Yuzhne as drawn when playing on neutral ground, Belorus or Turkey. If this will happen, also Scandicci will play Stuttgart as originally drawn.

This is complete chaos: strange rules and if they stick to them is subject of change.

These rules shouldn't be bended depending on a club's wish. I wish CEV would have the backbone to enforce what's agreed earlier

• These rules shouldn't be bended depending on a club's wish. I wish CEV would have the backbone to enforce what's agreed earlier

The decision has been made now: Scandicci plays Khimik and therefore toughest duel with clear-cut favourite Moscow is with Stuttgart.

If you are an Italian, Russian or Turkish top team, you are definitely more equal than an underdog like from German league, to be honest. But this is a pattern infamous and well-known from other sports too, in soccer Germany is much more important than Russia there for example.

So I guess there were some informal talks among CEV, Russian Moscow and Italian Scandicci. What somebody thinks in Stuttgart or Yuzhny is not relevant for them at all.