CEV Champions League 2021

• According to Stuttgart's facebook account:

Nach aktueller Planung wird unser nächstes Match jetzt in der Woche vom 20.-24.Oktober gegen Dinamo Moskau stattfinden. Erneut ist vorgesehen, die Runde in nur einem Spiel auf neutralem Boden auszutragen. Da dies aufgrund der aktuellen Lage wahrscheinlich in einem Risikogebiet sein wird, stehen wir aktuell noch in Abstimmung mit Behörden und Gesundheitsämtern, um die Rahmenbedingungen für die Partie zu klären.

The game against Moscow will probably be played in the week of 20th-24th Oct in one game on neutral ground. The game will probably be played in a country that is currently declared as risk area by the German government so Stuttgart is checking with local health authorities.

They do not state which country the game will be played in. Poland is not currently considered as risk country, so maybe Turkey? Regional laws for the state of Baden-Württemberg state that you have to go into quarantine if you were in a risk country but there are exemptions if you:

- have a negative test

- or were abroad for less than 48 hours

- or were travelling for business matters

However, there is talk of tightening the regulations and I wonder what their Bundesliga opponents will think when they play Stuttgart after they return from abroad.

https://www.facebook.com/allianz.mtv.stuttgart/

• Poland would be the most rational solution IMHO for several reasons - but in the end it is mainly to Moscows will, where this one-match decider is carried out.

• Eazy 3-0 victory for LKS Lodz. Lazovic and Wojcik did a great job in attack. Bongaerts could find them very well with her sets. Also Lazovic put a lot of service pressure on Calcit Kamnik from the service line. Again Alagierska was replaced by Pacak. Alagierska is just a ghost of herself on court...:gone:

• Scandicci lost also in second match at home (!) no set against Khimik Yuzhny and proceeded as first team into pool stage of CL among all qualification participants, they join Busto Arsizio (!) and Schwerin in pool A now.

• Stuttgart and Moscow are still arguing over a possible venue for their match. Moscow wants to play in Turkey, Stuttgart wants to play in Switzerland. Both teams have rejected the other team's proposal citing travel and quarantine restrictions.

• Stuttgart and Moscow are still arguing over a possible venue for their match. Moscow wants to play in Turkey, Stuttgart wants to play in Switzerland. Both teams have rejected the other team's proposal citing travel and quarantine restrictions.

:aww:

In the end CEV will make a decision about the venue. Stuttgart's manager rightfully stated that this is a good example why a regular season of CL is completely impossible under the given circumstances. If CEV decides that the match is played in Turkey, Stuttgart's players would have to quarantine for at least 5 days after returning to Germany, which means that at least one league match would have to be postponed. Not a big problem if it happens once, but impossible to handle if that's going to happen after every away match of CL :gone:

• In the end CEV will make a decision about the venue. Stuttgart's manager rightfully stated that this is a good example why a regular season of CL is completely impossible under the given circumstances. If CEV decides that the match is played in Turkey, Stuttgart's players would have to quarantine for at least 5 days after returning to Germany, which means that at least one league match would have to be postponed. Not a big problem if it happens once, but impossible to handle if that's going to happen after every away match of CL :gone:

I don't get it. Test before coming to Turkey and test after you arrived home and continue your training and further matches normally.

How is football going normally without any problem but everything about volleyball is problem. No big money ofc. :whistle:

• I don't get it. Test before coming to Turkey and test after you arrived home and continue your training and further matches normally.

How is football going normally without any problem but everything about volleyball is problem. No big money ofc. :whistle:

Just because they can doesn't mean they should, and football is definetly not an example to follow. Just looking at what's happening here in Italy, there's plenty of football players/staff members positive, on volleyball the only positive ones came back positive after the U20 European Championship in Czech Republic.

• International volleyball shouldn't be happening... I'm not even a fan of the return of the leagues either, but money talks... It's impossible to maintain a fair competition with the current situation, somebody will be wronged by something out of their control.. that's the antithesis of sports competition, that isn't right..

I don't get it. Test before coming to Turkey and test after you arrived home and continue your training and further matches normally.

Yep, everything is fine... No problem whatsoever...

• I expect Moscow to win this "dispute", because the club and federation of Russia has influence in CEV, but VBL and Stuttgart from Germany have not - and remember, the Serbian president of CEV is Russia friendly.

• I expect Moscow to win this "dispute", because the club and federation of Russia has influence in CEV, but VBL and Stuttgart from Germany have not - and remember, the Serbian president of CEV is Russia friendly.

Because i personnaly know mister Boricic, i must to react. I have honor to seat in the same company with Boricic and his brother for several time in the past, and even at the time he was deputy president of FIVB and i on the other hand was highschool volleyball entusiast, he talked to me as an equal to himself and in those conversations the only impression that can be gained is that he is a man who is extremely professional and dedicated to the work he does, both in the volleyball sense and in the managerial sense. So I would reject the lump sum connection with the Russians, I am sure that Mr. Boricic does not have such urges and affections, but I certainly believe that in such situations Mr. Boricic personally asks very little, and that the rotten system of the CEV is much worse and more destructive for clubs and players then individuals and CEV executives.

• Yesterday in a interview after the match Scandicci's sporting director talked about the possibility of a "concentration" of the poul phase, basically having all the games at once in the arc of few days in just one place as a way to avoid too much traveling. He said there has been no official talks about it with CEV yet (but I'm guessing there's been some discussions about it among clubs) and that he hopes CEV would be receptive of club proposals even though it could be hard to find the time to fit something like that considering all of the teams national games.

• Because i personnaly know mister Boricic, i must to react. I have honor to seat in the same company with Boricic and his brother for several time in the past, and even at the time he was deputy president of FIVB and i on the other hand was highschool volleyball entusiast, he talked to me as an equal to himself and in those conversations the only impression that can be gained is that he is a man who is extremely professional and dedicated to the work he does, both in the volleyball sense and in the managerial sense. So I would reject the lump sum connection with the Russians, I am sure that Mr. Boricic does not have such urges and affections, but I certainly believe that in such situations Mr. Boricic personally asks very little, and that the rotten system of the CEV is much worse and more destructive for clubs and players then individuals and CEV executives.

CEV system is rotten but the president of this system not? Nice logic...