CEV Champions League 2021

• Warning: this is half off-topic. But anyway...

Consider the most important federations/leagues in CEV, they are IMHO

Italy, Russia, Turkey, Poland and Serbia.

Now look into the internationally well-known and respected Corruption Perceiption Index (CPI) of Transparency International; a value below 50 means it is an overwhelming corrupt country (this is no volleyball specific issue, you will find similar results in other sports too):

Poland 58

Italy 53

Serbia 39

Turkey 39

Russia 28

For your comparison, the less important countries Germany and France have values of 80 and 69 respectively.

Therefore Boricic is from a country, where the people are used to widespread corruption.

There is also a story I learned a number of years ago: the CEV decided than, that in CL all libero players have to wear a green shirt. When Stuttgart startet in the competition, they had still no such one, but used the formerly and used in other competitions. I learned, that the CEV chosen company was not capable to deliver in time, it was some weeks late. And that this company belongs to CEV president Boricic. Now you can build your own opinion.

• It is also interesting to say that at that time he was not the president of the CEV, although I have not heard of this story which is still extremely dubious certainly, for the story to have full context it is not fair to omit such an important detail.

and I didn't quite understand the part with CPI, i mean Serbia is country full of coruption that is obviously, that is unquestionable, but yet Aristotle's logic says that from what you have written one cannot draw the conclusion which you have drawn.

Not all people in Serbia are corrupt (although that number is certainly large), so the fact that Boricic is from Serbia does not show much, except that it increases the likelihood that he is corrupt, which is certainly an extremely weak argument in serious circles.

And that the man you are talking about as if he were a corrupt old manager from Serbia, created women's volleyball in Serbia (ofc not alone), the current world, European champion and Olympic vice champion, so I think his works speak much more than general comments.

So let everyone build their opinion, of course, if it is postulated, all that remains is to respect it, a pleasant day for everyone.

• CEV decided in favour of Stuttgart, the match will be played in Switzerland in 22 October.

Plot twist for StefanS:lol::lol:

• Calcit Volley KAMNIK vs LKS Commercecon Lodz - 2nd match of final round of qualification live stream

Starts on 14 october in 20:00 (CET)

• Several players of Stuttgart were tested positive, so the whole team is quarantined for 14 days now. In other words, the match against Dinamo next week for sure can't take place. I guess in the end Moscow will qualify due to this, just as it happened with other teams in previous rounds...

• OMG insisting on this league is a joke

• I think they should move finals of CL in the Sweden. Only normal country right now. :/

• Kim Renkema confirmed to press that the match is scheduled for 6 November. Apparently already before Stuttgart's cases were detected Dinamo asked CEV to change the date of the match without giving reasons...

This might backfire against Moscow, if Stuttgart recovers and Moscow gets infected until than...