CEV Champions League 2021

• With Ebrar or Lipamann in Novara they could be the best team with Conegliano

• Novara is playing great in every part of the game. Showing their power. And crushig Kazan right now who is very good team.

Fast game, great defence, great reception. I repeat they looks like Conegliano with Fabris. And that team was world class.

Again Italian teams showing their powers. :box:

• Will Chirichella be in the Olympic roster?

Whenever I watch Novara she doesn't play.

• Italian NT is so lucky to have Cate Bosetti back. She is playing amazing. The best OH right now in my eyes. She has everything !

• I wanted a better match and 5th set although I was rooting for Novara. Kazan seemed as if they don’t want to be here.

Is #17 from Kazan still injured? Is it serious?

I wish Daalderop would have chosen a different team. It might have been a wrong choice for her to go to a team along with Herbots and Bosetti.

• Fabris needs to step it up if Kazan wants to fight in this 3rd set.

I just watched the first two sets and I think the bigger problem of Kazan was Bricio. Bricio looked good in attack and could kill some out-of-system balls, but her poor reception and ball handling made her team OOS most of the time when she received. Startseva always had to chase the balls and couldn’t even set to pos.2, not to mention even Fabris had to help receive:aww:

The moment I remember the most was in the 2nd set, Bricio received an easy free ball but passed the ball directly to the hand of Novara’s MB... Such mistake was simply unforgivable and really hurt her team’s morale.

• Is #17 from Kazan still injured? Is it serious?

AFAIK, she is ok.

Fabris and Koroleva must play better if they wanna beat Novara in the next round. Most of their attacks were defended by Novara (which was so amazing).

• I wish Daalderop would have chosen a different team. It might have been a wrong choice for her to go to a team along with Herbots and Bosetti.

I agree! Busto Arisizio would have been a perfect team for Daalderop IMO. She would be a starter and also would have played in CL. Poulter is a perfect setter for her and she would contribute so much more than Gray!

Still hope Lavarini will try Bosetti as receiving opposite and Daalderop and Herbots as outside hitter duo, since Smarzek is underperforming. Bosetti has played opposite in the past, so she is used to play on this position and can help out in service reception. Next to that she can have a bit trouble with a well formed block in front of her and both Daalderop and Herbots are better out of system from position 4.

• Still hope Lavarini will try Bosetti as receiving opposite and Daalderop and Herbots as outside hitter duo, since Smarzek is underperforming. Bosetti has played opposite in the past, so she is used to play on this position and can help out in service reception. Next to that she can have a bit trouble with a well formed block in front of her and both Daalderop and Herbots are better out of system from position 4.

Agree that Daalderop deserves more time on court, but I would rather directly put her as Opp to replace Smarzek. Daalderop can also help receive in some rotations to free Herbots from reception.

• Her last reported injury was from back in 2016

It's obviously not that, she's having problem since this summer but i dont know why the club is not making a clear statement about them. Last official report was like a month ago more or less, just that she wasnt available for a match (she had libero jersey on multiple times this year)

• Ivana Vaniak is playing for Mulhouse. I guess she recovered from her injury.. if I remember correctly she was playing good at the WCH (but I remember her as a MB), then she had an injury. Or am I wrong?:gone:

I like her :win:

• Ivana Vaniak is playing for Mulhouse. I guess she recovered from her injury.. if I remember correctly she was playing good at the WCH (but I remember her as a MB), then she had an injury. Or am I wrong?:gone:

I like her :win:

She played as MB in WCH 2018 because she was better than all real MBs Germany had back then (Schölzel was injured). She suffered ACL tear in beginning of 2018/19 season but she was regularly back on court already the whole last season in Münster.