CEV Champions League 2021

• We will never know the answer to that hypothetical case, i believe otherwise. She has done it with a worse team before. She could easily do it with the current roster of eczacı as well. Carlini is not way better than Elif

Are you saying with this that Novara team from 18/19 is worse than current Eczacibasi team or....?

• Are you saying with this that Novara team from 18/19 is worse than current Eczacibasi team or....?

I think everyone may be missing the real issue here. It’s not the teams it’s the coaches. Whether or not a coach is good doesn’t matter. What matters is how the team believes and responds to him. I have been seeing rumors on this board about how the players to staff do not get along. After watching the body language of some matches it is clear. Whatever is going on falls on the management/ coaching staff. The players are not attentive or happy during timeouts and the interaction seems so cold. I think this ecz team would have done better under different staff. They had the fire in the beginning with no experience. Now they have a little more experience but the fire is gone. You only have staff to blame. It’s not possible players get worse as the season goes on with good management.

Just my two cents :teach:

• Boskovic had chance to go in better team in which She could achive much more but She choosed to stay in Ecz because of money.

Simple as that.

Egonu is doing much smarter decisions that is way She has better club career for now than Boskovic. She is in perfect club where everyone are helping her and because of her team She is performing perfect and Boskovic is doing literally everything opposite. FOR NOW.

• I think everyone may be missing the real issue here. It’s not the teams it’s the coaches. Whether or not a coach is good doesn’t matter. What matters is how the team believes and responds to him. I have been seeing rumors on this board about how the players to staff do not get along. After watching the body language of some matches it is clear. Whatever is going on falls on the management/ coaching staff. The players are not attentive or happy during timeouts and the interaction seems so cold. I think this ecz team would have done better under different staff. They had the fire in the beginning with no experience. Now they have a little more experience but the fire is gone. You only have staff to blame. It’s not possible players get worse as the season goes on with good management.

Just my two cents :teach:

Actually many other member already had mentioned that issue, that is undoubtable true, but this wasn't comment, just question if i understood well what he want to say.

• Boskovic had chance to go in better team in which She could achive much more but She choosed to stay in Ecz because of money.

Simple as that.

Egonu is doing much smarter decisions that is way She has better club career for now than Boskovic. She is in perfect club where everyone are helping her and because of her team She is performing perfect and Boskovic is doing literally everything opposite. FOR NOW.

Define better team

• Define better team

Plus Egonu is an Italian player who is playing in her local league whereas Boskovic is playing in a foreign country where she came as a child. I do not think these are comparable.

Eczacibasi has its issues this past decade but they are a club that was established 65 years ago and has a significant impact in Turkish sports as well as empowering Turkish women, not just in sports terms. They have a family culture in the club, they send junior players to good schools where they can get good education and there are a lot of players we do not get to know because they choose another path with the opportunity that was given by this club.

Thaisa had an unfortunate injury and Eczacibasi was the faulty part, there is no debate but even Thaisa did not say anything bad towards the club. There are other players as well that did not have the best moment of their career but still spoke well about the club.

I also want to remind you, Boskovic got sick in 2019 just before the game against Imoco and team brought a special doctor from Spain just so she can be checked by this doctor. And when they lost without Boskovic even though they beat them 3-0 in the first match, she wasn’t blamed at all.They also provided a private jet to Caprara in 2015 when they were playing WCCH in Switzerland so that he wouldn’t miss his daughter’s christening. They are a family and treat members of the club as such. Busra who is not even member of this team anymore had a family crisis last summer which we do not know the details and Eczacibasi social media accounts shared her pics and said “Busra Cansu appreciation day” which was definitely to provide her emotional support.

So, yes, Boskovic doesn’t have the best club career but I understand why she wants to stay in the club. And she is making millions so let’s go back to our own poverty 😂

• Define better team

Put her in Novara, Monza or even Busto and She would fight for gold medal.

Especially with this great squad that Novara has, now they would count winning strike and trying to break Vakifbank record instead of Conegliano.

I literally can't wait to watch Ebrar in Novara under Lavarini wings:box:

• some users criticizes other but when they talk about their fav player they can't simply point one bad think even if she have

We see things haven't changed even if one player have good or bad teammates so excuses....excuses

Simple as that.

Whether it’s because of money or other reasons, if Boskovic is happy at Eczacibasi then that’s what matters. Who are we to say it would be “smarter” to go to Monza? Anyway, Eczaci is trash this season but it won’t stay like that forever and they’ll continue to be one of the top contenders in all competitions.

• Don’t find excuses for her performance because She is choosing where and with who She is gone play :whistle:

Boskovic enjoy in your money until that Egonu is winning goldes and cups with her clubs.

That is way She is the best player in the World.

• Put her in Novara, Monza or even Busto and She would fight for gold medal.

Especially with this great squad that Novara has, now they would count winning strike and trying to break Vakifbank record instead of Conegliano.

I literally can't wait to watch Ebrar in Novara under Lavarini wings:box:

I see you want to say a better organized team yet you can never know that before the season. So although I understand your point, Boskovic's choice is also logical cause Eczacibasi has regularly been a Champions League team with 1 Champions League title and 2 world titles also got some local cups with many finals.

Also for next year It's not even sure if Monza or Busto can qualify to Champions League. Plus even Egonu is too expensive for Italian League, there's no team that can pay for Boskovic(even when she reduces her payment) other than Monza which we can't say a better team than Eczacibasi in general. So she chose to stay in the team she feels well and got paid well even though they seem to create an awkward team for the next year.

• I see you want to say a better organized team yet you can never know that before the season. So although I understand your point, Boskovic's choice is also logical cause Eczacibasi has regularly been a Champions League team with 1 Champions League title and 2 world titles also got some local cups with many finals.

Also for next year It's not even sure if Monza or Busto can qualify to Champions League. Plus even Egonu is too expensive for Italian League, there's no team that can pay for Boskovic(even when she reduces her payment) other than Monza which we can't say a better team than Eczacibasi in general. So she chose to stay in the team she feels well and got paid well even though they seem to create an awkward team for the next year.

I agree, it is not like there are many clubs who can pay her salary. Unless she wants to go to Korea or China, there are not many options without reducing her salary.

At the end of the day, it is a player's own priority so I find this discussion pointless

• I see you want to say a better organized team yet you can never know that before the season. So although I understand your point, Boskovic's choice is also logical cause Eczacibasi has regularly been a Champions League team with 1 Champions League title and 2 world titles also got some local cups with many finals.

Monza can offer her around 700k or even more so She can play in Italy for nice salary. And I do believe Scandicci has budget for her, but okej.

But look at her this season, She knows that they are playing very bad, She knows already which players are gone probably come to Ecz. She could make change at least for 1year and comeback, but no She sign for 2-3years contract, but She is seeing that hard to believe that they can make any impact next season IF all rumors comes true.

• monza is already guaranteed in next cl

Busto has chances if italy get a extra spot

• First of all i hate when i have to be included in this IMO senseless discussion, like who is better Egonu vs Boskovic,.....but other than that i just hate more when people manipulate with the facts just to justified their subjective opinions, to which they are absolutely entitled anyway.

Mention is made of Egonu dominance in club volleyball, while Tijana Boskovic career in club volleyball and her contribution are called into question with a step further where even her volleyball skills are called into question. I stand behind the fact that the facts indicate a completely different situation and far from it. It is true that Eczacibasi has not met expectations in the last few seasons, and I admit that I am one of those who would like to see Tijana Boskovic outside that club, but we cannot lie and talk about Eczacibasi as a criminal organization, moreover their results, although not in the level expected in relation to investment, are not so catastrophic at all.

For example Egonu won 3 Coppa Italia, 3 Supercups and still zero Scudetto (true, due to a combination of circumstances, the chances were small, almost none, for a different outcome last year and this year as well) + 1 World club championship + CEV CL. OTOH Boskovic won 3 Turkish Supercup, 1 Kupa Voley, 1 World Club championship (+ 1 silver + 1 bronze medal) and the only big difference is in the European Cups, without which Eczacibasi and Tijana were left this year as well.

My point is that everyone is open to think and fave whatever player, but there is no need to use some arguments that rely on easily verifiable facts (wrong use ofc).

*Something mentioned a lot earlier, so I will now take the opportunity to respond. Tijana Boskovic personally is not my favorite player at all, far from not loving her, there are only many players who provoke greater sympathy, not necessarily always volleyball related things, but I certainly think that she deserved great respect for her games, achievements and skills, which I express. There is no question of protecting the favorites, just expressing of my opinion.

• Monza can offer her around 700k or even more so She can play in Italy for nice salary. And I do believe Scandicci has budget for her, but okej.

That's false, the only team that MAY offer 700k to Boskovic is Scandicci, but firstly, they kept Stysiak, secondly, I don't think Scandicci on its own is an example of well-managed team, and thirdly, it's not even that sure that Scandicci would be able to give her as big contract. The highest contract of Novara was on a level of 200k euro this season and Monza FOR SOME REASON decided to extend contract with Lisa van Hecke.

Basically, the choice Boskovic realistically had was between Eczacibasi and Fenerbahce, so to criticize her that she chose Eczacibasi is crazy.

Boskovic at age 24 is 2x European Champion, 1x Olympic silver medalist, 1x World Champion, 1x Club World Championship, while being one of the best players of every mentioned competition, the only people she needs to prove herself are probably people from the internet. Come on.

• Boskovic also won a CEV Cup (2017/2018) and she was MVP of the competition.