CEV Champions League 2021

• Honestly, if people are complaining about Conegliano's supporters here on the forum, they should take a look at Vakif-ECz-Fenerbach obnoxious fans comments on YouTube (Eurovolley channel). They started the season being beyond rude, insulting italian teams and being all aggressive, arrogant and boastful just because of their past history or because of the "big names" they have in their team, until their teams were defeated one by one by italian teams and they had to scale down their arrogance. And don't get me started on the way they always tried to make excuses everytime their team lost, instead of showing a bit of sportmanship.

So I can understand the reaction of some Conegliano's and italian fans after months of hideous attacks before matches were even played. Rude supporters are on both sides, but saying that you root against Conegliano because of some fans' comments is laughable, since the level of the Turkish league's supporters was by no means better, so please stop acting like italian fans are evil and you were all innocent angels who didn't do anything wrong, because rude people were on both sides.

As for me, I think Conegliano is the favourite, but what I hope most is to have a good entertaining match with amazing volleyball, if Vakifbank will win, it means they deserved it, no need to find excuses.

• Honestly, if people are complaining about Conegliano's supporters here on the forum, they should take a look at Vakif-ECz-Fenerbach obnoxious fans comments on YouTube (Eurovolley channel). They started the season being beyond rude, insulting italian teams and being all aggressive, arrogant and boastful just because of their past history or because of the "big names" they have in their team, until their teams were defeated one by one by italian teams and they had to scale down their arrogance. And don't get me started on the way they always tried to make excuses everytime their team lost, instead of showing a bit of sportmanship.

So I can understand the reaction of some Conegliano's and italian fans after months of hideous attacks before matches were even played. Rude supporters are on both sides, but saying that you root against Conegliano because of some fans' comments is laughable, since the level of the Turkish league's supporters was by no means better, so please stop acting like italian fans are evil and you were all innocent angels who didn't do anything wrong, because rude people were on both sides.

As for me, I think Conegliano is the favourite, but what I hope most is to have a good entertaining match with amazing volleyball, if Vakifbank will win, it means they deserved it, no need to find excuses.

could you please tell me you are not taking those comments on Youtube seriously? First thing I do is to close chat section when I open a match and even in that second, I see things beyond idiotic and I do not take them as volleyball fan.

• could you please tell me you are not taking those comments on Youtube seriously? First thing I do is to close chat section when I open a match and even in that second, I see things beyond idiotic and I do not take them as volleyball fan.

I'm not talking bout the chat section but the comments as well, which are still a social network like this forum. I don't see why I should take YT less seriously, since I watched all the matches on the official FIVB channel and I liked to exchange opinions on the match only to find a big amount of comments insulting italian teams, talking arrogantly and being boastful with no argumentations and even making racist comments about Egonu. I understand that the YT comments should be moderated better, but this doesn't mean Vakifbank supporters can get away with it and behave like the italian fans were the only ones in the wrong. People saying they root against Conegliano because of a few comments here (not even as offensive or rude as the ones on YT) are a bit inconsistent IMO, they should take a look at the other side of the coin.

• people see only what they want to see....

You accuse someone of being blind or crazy in every discussion Lol

• Anyway, talking about the match, I think Conegliano and Vakifbank are more or less even on all the roles, but I still see Conegliano a little superior, every player has their counterpart in the other team

Wolosz vs. Ognjenovic: They're currently the best two setters in the world, Maya has more experience but Asja is younger, which could be an advantage in the match goes on for too long. They're still both amazing and more or less on the same level.

Sylla vs Gabi, both amazing OH

De Krujff vs. Rasic both great MB

Gunes vs Fhar, they're both two young talented MB, I still think Fhar until now showed to be a bit more effective in blocking and attacking.

Hill vs Bartch (assuming she'll play) both great OH from the same USA Kiraly school.

tHe biggest differences are in the libero and the OP positions, sorry but Egonu and De gennaro are stellar, there's really no comparison, despite Haak being very good.

Also, let's not forget the Bench factor, Conegliano has a deeper, longer bench with good players (Folie, Adams, Caravello etc.).

I see Conegliano as favourite unless Conegliano has a very bad day or Vakifbank plays 120%, but still, let's see what happens!

• I'm not talking bout the chat section but the comments as well, which are still a social network like this forum. I don't see why I should take YT less seriously, since I watched all the matches on the official FIVB channel and I liked to exchange opinions on the match only to find a big amount of comments insulting italian teams, talking arrogantly and being boastful with no argumentations and even making racist comments about Egonu. I understand that the YT comments should be moderated better, but this doesn't mean Vakifbank supporters can get away with it and behave like the italian fans were the only ones in the wrong. People saying they root against Conegliano because of a few comments here (not even as offensive or rude as the ones on YT) are a bit inconsistent IMO, they should take a look at the other side of the coin.

That's ridiculous to compare comments in an unfiltered platform such as youtube with the comments here, a volleyball forum. There are some idiots talking BS about any team or player in those youtube chat section.

The discussion here was the irritating posts from 'you know who' and that it is preventing people to root for Conegliano. Answering this with 'there are idiots in youtube channels making racist comments' is not fair

• Well sorry if my post disturbed you, but since some people here are unfairly trashing Conegliano and its fans (as I am one as well), I thought I should remind them that there are people outside here who are doing worse than being just overconfident like Crovolley, there are people who go to the Conegliano players' Instagram accounts and write insults, for example.

So sorry, I don't accept to be called "spoiled Imoco fan" just because of one person here on a small forum saying thigs you don't like.

• That's ridiculous to compare comments in an unfiltered platform such as youtube with the comments here, a volleyball forum. There are some idiots talking BS about any team or player in those youtube chat section.

The discussion here was the irritating posts from 'you know who' and that it is preventing people to root for Conegliano. Answering this with 'there are idiots in youtube channels making racist comments' is not fair

And it's also ridicolous to generalize a whole category of fans and to trashtalk a team just for ONE SINGLE person's comments on a small forum like this. Also, people here were talking about Conegliano's fans as a whole, so sorry, but I wanted to defend myself and the other italian fans I know, who are generally very respectful.

• it is not only one single fan (he indeed has his own small gang here😂) but you are right. Just because they are very vocal about their opinions, it looks like they represent the majority of the Conegliano fans.

I think we can all agree that this kind of 'bad fans' diminish the likability of their team.

• And it's also ridicolous to generalize a whole category of fans and to trashtalk a team just for ONE SINGLE person's comments on a small forum like this. Also, people here were talking about Conegliano's fans as a whole, so sorry, but I wanted to defend myself and the other italian fans I know, who are generally very respectful.

No one was hating on Conegliano’s fans as a whole though. They were just saying that the one very vocal fan makes them want to root against conegliano even though they otherwise would like the team. I would say that most people on this site are probably fans of both Turkish and Italian teams, it’s just kind of off putting to deal with users who refuse to respect that their favourite team isn’t always going to be other people’s favourite team too

• Well sorry if my post disturbed you, but since some people here are unfairly trashing Conegliano and its fans (as I am one as well), I thought I should remind them that there are people outside here who are doing worse than being just overconfident like Crovolley, there are people who go to the Conegliano players' Instagram accounts and write insults, for example.

So sorry, I don't accept to be called "spoiled Imoco fan" just because of one person here on a small forum saying thigs you don't like.

• it is not only one single fan (he indeed has his own small gang here😂) but you are right. Just because they are very vocal about their opinions, it looks like they represent the majority of the Conegliano fans.

I think we can all agree that this kind of 'bad fans' diminish the likability of their team.

No one was hating on Conegliano’s fans as a whole though. They were just saying that the one very vocal fan makes them want to root against conegliano even though they otherwise would like the team. I would say that most people on this site are probably fans of both Turkish and Italian teams, it’s just kind of off putting to deal with users who refuse to respect that their favourite team isn’t always going to be other people’s favourite team too

Actually they were, there' no use in denying it, I've read not very nice posts anyway about Conegliano here, so if it's not "hate", it's still a bad athmosphere and I just wanted to remark that us Italian fans had suffered much more abuse and nasty remarks in these months everywhere on the internet, if you all get triggered for a few posts on here, then what shall we say? If you don't agree with the person/people just reply to them, instead of generalizing and showing no sportmanship.

• To be honest, I also find it quite childish to root for team to lose just because a member of a forum or a small tiny group (cuz they are without a doubt a minority here) are way too confident regarding a Conegliano win. But ok, there is freedom of speech and someone could have multiple and different reason for root or not root for a team/player, etc. As well as someone could consider those reasons valids or childish.

Maybe it is easier to for me because Im neutral and I really do not care who will win, I just care to see and enjoy a match full of world class vball. That's all.

Sure, there is an user who is well known for overhyping Conegliano and magnifying their achievements, plus he is being quite repetitive about this in some many threads. But at the end, it is his opinion, it only belongs to him. And I like I already pointed it out, it is only one or max 3, no more. But the one who could be considered "a pain in the ass" by some, it's only one. So, just ignore it. I find it super funny than JUST ONE member could fool so many users at the same :S, when it is so easy to just ignore his comments (there is even a button) or at once we read quoted comments from him, just pass over. Simple, easy. It could save tons of pages and pages of indirects and sassy comments (with a lot of highschool or even kindergarten level) to all of us.

I strongly believe that user doesnt represent at all what Conegliano fans or Italian vball fans (who support Conegliano for being only an Italian) think or feel before the match. Most of them, dont think at all it would be a walk in the park for the Venetian team nor that they are the best team of the world regardless which the result will be. Most of them think they have the edge, only that.

I also think Conegliano has been the team which has shown the best vball through all the season. Sure, they have had bad matches, but they have been the most regular + his high moments have really been a pleasure to watch from any vball follower. Nevertheless, I consider they do need to put the cherry on the top of the pie in order to materialise such an amazing season. As someone pointed out, it does remind me USA 2012 team. They were the best team in all the Olympic cycle, but they didnt perform like this in the most important match.

At the end it is vball and even, female vball, so we know It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Ps: I still think that the best for TVF and TL would be a debacle from Vakifbank, as I wrote it in another thread. So, it is really difficult to root for a team for me. I prefer to stay neutral and just enjoy a high level match.

• Actually they were, there' no use in denying it, I've read not very nice posts anyway about Conegliano here, so if it's not "hate", it's still a bad athmosphere and I just wanted to remark that us Italian fans had suffered much more abuse and nasty remarks in these months everywhere on the internet, if you all get triggered for a few posts on here, then what shall we say? If you don't agree with the person/people just reply to them, instead of generalizing and showing no sportmanship.

This narrative of the Turkish fans being nasty towards the poor respectful italians it's honestly ridiculous, because italians (on Facebook groups and other platforms) are just as nasty if not worse and have always been towards Turkish volleyball (and often times straight up racist btw) what you even complaining about 🤷🏻‍♂️