CEV Champions League 2021

• Congratulations to Conegliano, they are amazing.

But there is one thing I HAVE TO say about one very underappreciated player here - AYCA.

She received 40!! times with 0 mistakes and 73/33%. So people saying that she doesn't belong to high level are very wrong. How else can she prove herself to you if not by playing like this in such game? I hope from now comments like ,, she doesn't belong here" or ,, she is terrible" will STOP, because they need to.

And besides Egonu, there was one player in Conegliano that was very important for their win - Caravello. That girl with 100% reception and amazing defence showed how much a sub player can mean for a team.

• I do not blame Zehra everyone has made mistakes on the game and she made good points. I admire Gabi and MBH because must to be really diffciult to stay on playing with Maja.

• Stop her no,stop her team yes

You see how important is hill,courtney is isn't half of good as she and to add sylla being a flop in finals

Imo next season imoco can get her first lose

If Vakif preserves or ups their team but a whole season with cansu and possible departure of gabi would make vakif even more of an underdog

• will anyone be able to stop Egounu next year i wonder

Google italian female setter.:gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Amazing match really, happy for Conegliano but 100% honour to Vakifbank.

Maya is legend, a joy to watch, Haak a champion who will just improve more and more, Gabi and Rasic killers.

Conegliano was just a little bit more, but found an amazing opponent.

Now rooting for Trento and my boyfriend Giannelli 😍

• Zehra played bad, but when you setter shows that entire game that they don't trust you,, it kills the middles game... Zehra was bad, I agree, but Maja contributed A LOT to that

Zehara missed one easy attack zt zone 3, and another drop shot gave up opportunity.

Both are crucial and game-changing points.

I did not see Maja's pass was bad for these two balls.

• true, her game was like 90% to Haak while middles are not contributing... but wish she should set a bit more to pos 4 for a change...

IMO she was neither creative and from a top setter we should expect precisive sets. It as a horror show.

• Oh gosh! I cant believe it! I thought the final was at 20.30, not so early! How stupid I am! Cant believe I missed it! ;(;(;(:aww::aww::aww:

Any good soul could help me and give me a link where I could re watch it? :( I think I wont read all the comments of the match here until I watch the match, so I can feel a bit of the "adrenaline" ^^

Ps: the only thing I can say now: Congrats Conegliano (and to his fans and supporters too)

• Zehra played bad, but when you setter shows that entire game that they don't trust you,, it kills the middles game... Zehra was bad, I agree, but Maja contributed A LOT to that

Agree partly, but also Wolosz didn't trust de Kruijf in attack for some reason all match long. Still de Kruijf stepped up in the end and made some real important plays in the fifth set!

• Yes, liberos were amazing!

And Caravello was great, we'll need good liberos like her after Moki retires!

• Zehara missed one easy attack zt zone 3, and another drop shot gave up opportunity.

Both are crucial and game-changing points.

I did not see Maja's pass was bad for these two balls.

i guess the point is all along the game, the trust in the game, not only on that partcicular set. Maybe Zehra didnt believe that she would get a set after maja had always feed the ball to Haak.

• Yeah she surprised me. Apparently gui knows very well that she really surpassed gizem örge. Thankx to him and Ayça herself of course, Turkey now has one more worldclass(if she stays consistent) libero

• I'm kinda worried about Serbia this OG.

It looks like Boskovic has to face the same things she faces in Eczacibasi literally I- :gone:

Ngl ofc NT is different but the teams players individually are starting to resemble each other (not counting Maja, this is just 1 bad performance for her)

• The game was pretty much even. I dare say Haak played better than Egonu in general. The main difference was Maja's decision making and the little contribution of Vakif middles. Even Guidetti said that Imoco was not concerned of the Vakif middles because they were not being utilized.

• Google italian female setter.:gone:

Haha, but i mean in the club level though. National championships are in a totally different setting

• I agree, and I still think Zehra sucked today lmao, but you'd think they'd trust each other more after a whole season.

Zehra had breakouts all over her face, Maja resembled Mirkovic today in some of her sets XD, clearly they were just super nervous. Gabi, Haak and Bartsch were very good too imo and Ayca did her job more than I expected. Milena left me completely puzzled otoh, I wish Kubra came on.

I thought that seeing a nervous and shaky Maja in a decision game was a thing of the past... I know she had never win CL gold before, but it got me really off-guarded to see her feeling the pressure like that... But, who would've thought, it really happens even with the best ones

I'm really happy for Gabi... she was bashed a lot here after World Champs final... today she showed everybody why she's playing on one the best teams of the world :heart:

• Wow, Maja for sure was under her magical standard, but calling this perforamnce awful, nightmare, horror, just Wow.

• Gabi with 53% perfect reception