Chinese Female Superleague 2020/2021 (with National Championship 2020)

• Thanks for keeping us updated fire_cai_bin

Rabadzhieva went through all that stress to get there only to find out she may not even be able to play. :cursing:

At least she can enjoy the food

I've also seen some people say that the reports of no foreigners could be confused with the national championship, which obviously doesn't allow them. Zhu Ting can't even play for Tianjin (because she is registered in Henan) in that championships. Anyways let's hope that's the case, as everything is quite unclear.

• Only a rumor:

Due to COVID-19, the time conflict of Olympics 2021 and many volleyball tournaments in 2021, there are no time for the qualification of 2021 National Games in Shaanxi.

Therefore, CVA ... did it ... just without foreign players in Season 20/21 in all fairness.

Please don't forget that Guangdong's coaches ... could be all foreigners! (Fang Yan might be a Chinese man but his assistant coaches are all foreigners)

Would COVID-19 not affect them?

In the history, Dejan Brdjovic (R.I.P.) was the head coach of Shandong men's VC in 2013 National Games.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I saw this rumour too, but I am suspicious. If the league is now qualifications for 2021 National Games, how will they address internal transfers and the Bayi players?

• CCTV5 will broadcast National Championship 2020.

https://kandianshare.html5.qq.…061fcf88cb&target_app=kb#

Yan Ni and Yao Di won't also participate in it.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• how will they address internal transfers and the Bayi players?

I seen rumors that Yuan Xinyue might join Tianjin and Liu Yanhan to Liaoning. Gao Yi should join one of the teams with weaker/shorter middles, maybe Shanghai, Beijing (if Dixon cannot join), Guangdong, Jiangsu.

• I seen rumors that Yuan Xinyue might join Tianjin and Liu Yanhan to Liaoning. Gao Yi should join one of the teams with weaker/shorter middles, maybe Shanghai, Beijing (if Dixon cannot join), Guangdong, Jiangsu.

If I were Yuan Xinyue I'd sure pick Tianjin to go to...

• tomen

Changed the title of the thread from “Chinese Female Superleague 2020/2021” to “Chinese Female Superleague 2020/2021 (with National Championship 2020)”.
  • the schedule of Regular Season of National Championship 2020:

( Group A; Group B)

Sep.23: Tianjin - Hebei, Jiangsu - Yunnan, Beijing - Fujian; Shandong - Sichuan, Zhejiang - Guangdong, Liaoning - Henan
    Sep.24: Hebei - Jiangsu, Yunnan - Beijing, Shanghai - Tianjin

Sep.25: Fujian - Yunnan, Beijing - Hebei, Jiangsu - Shanghai; Henan - Zhejiang, Sichuan - Guangdong, Shandong - Liaoning

Sep.26: Shanghai - Beijing, Hebei - Fujian, Tianjin - Jiangsu; Liaoning - Sichuan, Guangdong - Henan, Zhejiang - Shandong

Sep.27: Fujian - Shanghai, Yunnan - Hebei, Beijing - Tianjin

Sep.28: Shanghai - Yunnan, Tianjin - Fujian, Jiangsu - Beijing; Liaoning - Zhejiang, Guangdong - Shandong, Sichuan - Henan

Sep.29: Hebei - Shanghai, Fujian - Jiangsu, Yunnan - Tianjin; Henan - Shandong, Guangdong - Liaoning, Zhejiang - Sichuan

Sep.30: A1 - B4, A2 - B3, A3 - B2, A4 - B1

Oct.1: Semifinals: The Winner of A2 - B3 vs The Winner of A4 - B1, The Winner of A1 - B4 vs The Winner of A3 - B2

Oct.2: Final

Images

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• The rumors of the rosters of National Championship 2020:

Tianjin: ( the players of reception may return 2 OHs and libero )

S - Chen Xin-tong, Meng Dou

OP - Yu Jun-wei, Chen Bo-ya

OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-zhu, Yang Yi, Han Yue

MB - Wang Yuan-yuan, Wang Ning, Li Ya-nan, Cui Hai-xuan

L - Meng Zi-xuan, Liu Li-wen

Zhejiang: (Wang Na will be the substitute setter)

S - Lan Jia-li, Wang Na

OP - Zhu Yue-zhou, Yu Shi-yu

OH - Jiang Yu-xiao, Li Jing, Wang Meng-yue, Zhao Jing-yu

MB - Liu Yu, Shen Jia-rong, Yang Yan-yu

L - Wang Hui-ming, Fang Jing

Shandong:

S - Cai Ya-qian, Mei Xiao-han

OP - Du Qing-qing, Sun Jie

OH - Song Mei-li, Song Li-qi, Che Wen-han, Qian Jing-wen

MB - Yang Han-yu, Zhang Qian, Cao Ting-ting, Guo Hui-zhen

L - Wang Meng-jie, Song Xin-yu

Liaoning:

S - Ding Xia, Sun Hai-ping

OP - Wang Mei-yi, Sun Xiao-xuan

OH - Duan Fang, Lin Xin-yu, Shi Bing-tong, Han Ying-xiang

MB - Hu Ming-yuan, You Jia-qi, Sun Yu-qing, Wang Lu-jia

L - Gong Mei-zi, Xu Jia-nan

Jiangsu: (in fact, Wang Chen-yue, Xu Ruo-ya and Zhou Xin-yi were all OHs earliest and Wei Yu-xin is the shortest but as a MB all the time)

S - Diao Lin-yu, Yong Le ( MB -> OP ->S? )

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Wang Yu-qi (left-handed)

OH - Zhang Chang-ning, Wu Han, Xu Lu-yao, Yang Wen-jin

MB - Wang Chen-yue, Xu Ruo-ya, Wei Yu-xin, Zhou Xin-yi

L - Ni Fei-fan, Zang Qian-qian

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• The rosters of National Championship 2020:

I thought I'd add these National Championships to volleybox. I notice the team rosters for 20/21 are all empty there. I trust you on the rosters here, but need a primary source to validate them if I fill them out. Is there something you can point me to?

I should also confirm that this is a 20/21 event? Not a holdover from 19/20 in terms of rosters? There is no Chinese Wikipedia article for these national Championships :(

And ... is this being held at Jiangmen Sports Hall?

• I thought I'd add these National Championships to volleybox. I notice the team rosters for 20/21 are all empty there. I trust you on the rosters here, but need a primary source to validate them if I fill them out. Is there something you can point me to?

I should also confirm that this is a 20/21 event? Not a holdover from 19/20 in terms of rosters? There is no Chinese Wikipedia article for these national Championships :(

And ... is this being held at Jiangmen Sports Hall?

> I thought I'd add these National Championships to volleybox. I notice the team rosters for 20/21 are all empty there. I trust you on the rosters here, but need a primary source to validate them if I fill them out. Is there something you can point me to?

Ok, great! I'll try to find an official source for you.

> I should also confirm that this is a 20/21 event? Not a holdover from 19/20 in terms of rosters? There is no Chinese Wikipedia article for these national Championships :(

Yes, it's normally scheduled a bit earlier, during the NT season. This year is particularly interesting because NT players will have the chance to participate.

> And ... is this being held at Jiangmen Sports Hall?

Yes, in Jiangmen, Guangzhou.

• Ok, great! I'll try to find an official source for you.

Cool. For some reason one of the other admins over there deleted the National Championship as a tournament, I think because they think it should just be part of the League. They're in a different time zone so I have to wait until they wake up to find out what their view is.

Am I correct that this is separate from the league tournament? It's the qualifier for the National games? And this is the stretch that is going to be without foreigners?

• Yes, this is entirely separate from the league. I am not sure about qualification to national games 2021. And yes, it's definitely without foreigners -- teams can't even have foreign province players -- meaning Shanghai can't do something like pay Zhu Ting, Yuan Xinyue, Liu Yanhan, and Yao Di (who are not playing) and try to crush everyone :)

• Yes, this is entirely separate from the league. I am not sure about qualification to national games 2021. And yes, it's definitely without foreigners -- teams can't even have foreign province players -- meaning Shanghai can't do something like pay Zhu Ting, Yuan Xinyue, Liu Yanhan, and Yao Di (who are not playing) and try to crush everyone :)

Oh! So the roster of, say, Tianjin won’t be the same as the league roster?

• Oh! So the roster of, say, Tianjin won’t be the same as the league roster?

Yes. Zhu Ting can't play (because she only signed for 2019-2020 season, and she's registered at Henan, and she's injured from training and 8 weeks of rest were prescribed), and Yao Di is being rested because of injuries I assume (although Tianjin could have played her)

Some players to watch in Tianjin in addition to the NT members Li Yingying and Wang Yuanyuan would be Li Yanan (1.86m, middle), and Yu Junwei (1.88m, back to her opposite position) and Chen Xintong (1.80m, setter, daughter of the old coach Chen Youquan who basically got fired after the 2019 CWC debacle)

• Do you know what happened to RongWan Qian bai?

• Do you know what happened to RongWan Qian bai?

Chinese:
    因为2017年全运会的青年组年龄从u20提升为u22,“耽误了”一批运动员。为了“补偿”,下届全运会青年组变回u20。成年组必须有4名1999年到2002年出生的运动员,将导致许多22岁以上的替补打不了全运会。即使孙燕不被广东买断,戎万千百也很难占位,因此退役。

English: (main by computer)

Because the age of the youth group in the 2017 National Games was raised from U20 to U22, a group of athletes were delayed. In order to "compensate", the youth group of the next National Games will return to U20 (born in 2002 and later). The adult group must have four athletes born between 1999 and 2002, which will result in many substitutes over the age of 22 unable to play in the National Games. Even if Sun Yan was not bought out by Guangdong, Rong would hardly occupy the position, so she retired.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• The official rosters of National Championship 2020 has been given by CVA,

please see the second-hand source:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6973725105

Different from the rumors, Rong Yi (S) is in the roster of Liaoning instead of Duan Fang (OH).

It is said that Duan Fang is injured now.

Zeng Chun-lei (OP), Liu Xiao-tong (OH), Yan Ni (MB), Yao Di (S), Zhang Xiao-ya (MB) and so on have a rest.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu