Chinese Female Superleague 2020/2021 (with National Championship 2020)

• 3-1 for the victory of the Tianjin team over the Shandong team in the final. I forgot to take note on the final scoreline but it ain't a tight match. The Tianjin team with its duo attackers Li Yingying and Wang Yizhu was too strong for its opponent.

One may watch the final replay at Bili Bili video site:

Final Match 20201002 - Tianjin vs Shandong

20201002 女排决赛 天津vs山东

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ri4y1E7VY

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Li Yingying has really improved over the course of last year and this championship. I wonder now if Zhu Ting will really go to Tianjin again (if so, then..... :) ) and what this means for the second outside hitter position on the national team. Would Li Yingying get a starting position and push one of Zhang Changning/Gong Xiangyu to the bench?

• Li Yingying has really improved over the course of last year and this championship. I wonder now if Zhu Ting will really go to Tianjin again (if so, then..... :) ) and what this means for the second outside hitter position on the national team. Would Li Yingying get a starting position and push one of Zhang Changning/Gong Xiangyu to the bench?

She's hitting out of the right back (opposite) sometimes whenever she's back row. I wonder if that's something she worked on with the NT or something the Tianjin coaches added?

I still think Zhu/Zhang/Gong is more stable reception wise and defensively. Zhu/Li/Gong could work, but Zhu would have to cover Li Yingying when she struggles. The ultimate picture might be Zhu/Zhang/Li with Zhang at opposite.

If the rumors are true of Zhu and Yuan Xinyue to Tianjin then it's already clear who will be the winner. It won't be fun competitively since teams won't be on the same level or even close to theirs.

• She's hitting out of the right back (opposite) sometimes whenever she's back row. I wonder if that's something she worked on with the NT or something the Tianjin coaches added?

I still think Zhu/Zhang/Gong is more stable reception wise and defensively. Zhu/Li/Gong could work, but Zhu would have to cover Li Yingying when she struggles. The ultimate picture might be Zhu/Zhang/Li with Zhang at opposite.

If the rumors are true of Zhu and Yuan Xinyue to Tianjin then it's already clear who will be the winner. It won't be fun competitively since teams won't be on the same level or even close to theirs.

I think it has to be something that NT added. NT is rather lacking from position 2, but Tianjin club team isn't.

Zhu/Zhang/Gong was the starting lineup for most of the world cup, but in the match vs Brazil it was mostly Zhu/Li/Gong for the last two sets. Wang Yizhu is another good young outside hitter from Tianjin. Her back row attacks "look" very natural, but the results are not quite there yet.

I am pretty sure Zhu will go to Tianjin, but it's not sure for Yuan yet. If I were her I'd definitely choose to go there, but as you said, then the league won't be interesting, especially with Yao Di coming back.

• Awarding Ceremony of the China's 2020 National Women's Volleyball Championship

FINAL MATCH 20201002: Tianjin vs Shandong

The 3rd Place Match 20201002: Jiangsu vs Shanghai

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Awarding Ceremony of the China's 2020 National Women's Volleyball Championship

Are there individual awards?

• I have kept on my eyes on Yang Han Yu (Shandong MB and also MVP of 2017 U20 World Championship) during this championship. I have to say that I didn't see any progress after joining the NT (I mean she's already lethal in attack from 2017). She couldn't read the attack ended up she always late to block. It's such a shame, because I was rooting for her given her height and NT really need a good third MB.

• I have kept on my eyes on Yang Han Yu (Shandong MB and also MVP of 2017 U20 World Championship) during this championship. I have to say that I didn't see any progress after joining the NT (I mean she's already lethal in attack from 2017). She couldn't read the attack ended up she always late to block. It's such a shame, because I was rooting for her given her height and NT really need a good third MB.

I agree also, she had so much potential after that U20 Championship. She has the tools physically compared to Wang Yuanyuan, Hu Mingyuan, and Zheng Yixin, but hasn't developed in the right direction. China will have a big hole to fill once Yan Ni retires. I don't think any of the four previously mentioned can reach that level especially with their performance right now.

• So, I'm guessing that since there is a mandatory 2 week quarantine + 1 week additional quarantine with team, then CVL won't start until at least 3 weeks after today, and most likely four or even longer.

• So, I'm guessing that since there is a mandatory 2 week quarantine + 1 week additional quarantine with team, then CVL won't start until at least 3 weeks after today, and most likely four or even longer.

Do we know more details on the bubble idea they were planning?

• Robinson already in Guangzhou, China. Other than her Rabadzhieva and Lippmann who else is certain to play in the Chinese League?

Players should be heading there soon so they can start training with their team as soon as possible after they quarantine.

• http://www.volleychina.org/2020-10-13/doc-iiznezxr5759202.shtml

The schedule and other details of League 20/21 are given by CVA.

I have no time to translate it temporarily now.

Sorry.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Basically the format is a giant RR to determine places 1-13. (Bayi is not participating)

Then top 8 are chosen and seeded in two groups and play RR in the groups, top 3 advance.

Then the 3 which advance play the teams in the other group that advanced

based on these results, top 4 play semifinals bracket (best 2 of 3, with 1st ranked playing 4th ranked, etc)

finals is also best 2 of 3.

League runs from Nov 12 to Dec 18.

Finally, all the foreign players must be reported before Oct. 15 (which is really like a day from today, considering timezone difference).

• So still time to some more foreigners to be added or will be only Larson, Lippmann, Rabadzhieva and Robinson?

Kosheleva posted on her IG that she couldn't have the VISA and now is without team.

I think it's too late, it'll be just the 4 of them which is unfortunate. I'm sure there was going to be more foreigners this season, but then came the rumor of playing without foreigners which changed some players minds about playing there. Really bad management of the league. :thumbdown:They could've had the best list of foreigners compared to previous seasons if the transfers actually happened, Kosheleva, Dixon, Bjelica, and De La Cruz maybe.

Kosheleva seemed excited to return to China after a positive season last year. Hope she finds another option. :heart:

I seen that Sheilla commented on her post that she should join the American League. If that's her only option then why not, but maybe she can join another club later in the season, one that is more competitive then the American one and could probably pay more.