Chinese Female Superleague 2020/2021 (with National Championship 2020)

• Rabadzhieva had an interview recently and here's what she had to say about the Chinese League.

Regarding where she will play for the 2021-2022:

"Of course I will definitely return to China next season." (When the season ended there were also talks about Robinson confirmed to renew with Guangdong next season so I guess we'll see this duo again.)

She also had some words about Zhu, Zhang, and Ding Xia:

"For me, Zhu Ting is currently the best player in the world's women's volleyball world. I enjoy playing with her very much. You know, she looks so easy to play. She can do everything she can defend, pass or attack. This is the player I admire, because I also play the 4th position. As the main attacker, I should have comprehensive skills."

"There is also Zhang Changning from Jiangsu. She preformed very well this season and is in excellent form. Ding Xia from Liaoning, I don't want to face her across the net because she is difficult to deal with. She is a very powerful setter."

• https://sports.sina.com.cn/oth…doc-ikmxzfmk7973496.shtml

Vargas rumored to join Tianjin next season.

not rumoured but confirmed, on loan basis from Fenerbahçe club.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• Do you mean Melissa Vargas? I read she’s been granted Turkish citizenship...will she be joining the Turkish team for Tokyo 2020 ?

There are rumours that she also has Serbian citizenship.

samsara  zhutingfan

Yes, ex-Cuban Vargas, she's granted a Turkish citizenship. handed over by Erdogan himself in a ceremony :whistle:

Of course not the Tokyo cycle. But Paris cycle could be.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• Do you mean Melissa Vargas? I read she’s been granted Turkish citizenship...will she be joining the Turkish team for Tokyo 2020 ?

There are rumours that she also has Serbian citizenship.

samsara  zhutingfan

Need to wait two years, so starting with 2023 vnl. She will represent Turkey

• Need to wait two years, so starting with 2023 vnl. She will represent Turkey

so, I read that there’s a waiting time of three years from the date she last represented her former country (in this case, Cuba) and in addition, she’ll have to wait 2 years from the date of becoming a citizen of her new country ?

I believe Melissa last played for Cuba four years ago, so in theory, if she had taken out

Turkish citizenship two years ago, she would have been eligible for Tokyo 2020 ?

• 2 years from the date of becoming a citizen of her new country