Chinese Female Superleague 2020/2021 (with National Championship 2020)

• Sucks for the players who have to figure what to do now especially since it's last minute. Could European teams hire them still or is it too late?

I think it's still possible. I don't expect Larson to go European she would wait till American leauge, Kelsey might join there too. Lippmann probably would stay in her country or Italy. I don't expect any Turkish club to sign a new foreign player although for some teams these players would be very useful. But they don't have such budget

• I also saw that some foreign soccer players arrived in China recently.

Is Rabadzhieva already in China? I don't follow her social medias.

I don't either, so I am not sure.

Also Kosheleva had already confirmed she will be playing in China, so I'm sure they've been given the ok. Still, let's wait for further developments.

• I think it's still possible. I don't expect Larson to go European she would wait till American leauge, Kelsey might join there too. Lippmann probably would stay in her country or Italy. I don't expect any Turkish club to sign a new foreign player although for some teams these players would be very useful. But they don't have such budget

There's a league in USA??

• Larson is one of the leading faces. From their website:

The season is shortened to six weeks of intense game play in one city. On the court, the top four players become new captains each week and draft their teams from scratch for next week’s games. In our new radical scoring system, every player can lose or win points during every game. Athletes score points as individuals and as a team to win MVP titles and cash bonuses.

Many of the athletes playing in leagues with shorter seasons (China, Japan) were rumored to also play in this league

• I read the rules. The format sucks. Awful. I almost wish It doesn't happen. Too bad to ne real.👎🏻

(not trying to get off topic but) I don't see it lasting very long.

It's attractive to those players who normally play in China/Japan cause their seasons are shorter and this is a way to stay fit/earn some more money. It'll be bigger with the recent college graduates since they have a harder time moving abroad right away

• What I find interesting is that the article from WoV said, "According to our source, the decision was not made due to the situation with coronavirus."

If that is the case, then is it simply because they just don't want any foreign players playing there this year? Not a real legit reason in my opinion and may hurt the league in the future. Players may not want to play there anymore because of bad management.

• What I find interesting is that the article from WoV said, "According to our source, the decision was not made due to the situation with coronavirus."

I thought that was interesting too. If the "Chinese league board" actually made this decision, we have to wait until they are the "source" to know for sure what the dang deal is

• Why?

Something about the board not wanting foreigners to play in the league, but Chinese clubs are against their decision since players have already signed contracts. They will have a meeting next week to figure out if they will go through with it or not.

It's all in the previous posts.

• By the way, some people on social media posted that Bayi is dissolved this year. It's unclear where Yuan Xinyue, Liu Yanhan, Gao Yi, and others will go (whether they are assigned to a team or they become free agents).

• My heart wants Yuan in Europe, but my brain knows that it's not quite possible... I hope she finds a nice place to play :heart:

• My heart wants Yuan in Europe, but my brain knows that it's not quite possible... I hope she finds a nice place to play :heart:

Would love to see some Chinese NT members abroad not just in Europe, but even in Brazil. Zhang Changning would also be a good pick up for competing teams. :super:

• I sincerely hope this rumor is not true, because if it's true, then fuck Chinese Volleyball Association!

seems like it's true, at least for now. :(

edit: fuck this shit. which official made this decision? the league isn't even that strong with the foreigners, and now you want to remove them... nice going there CVL. never fail to disappoint. Wonder if anyone will watch the league after this generation of players retire.