2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• if china don't do it i only see italy holding it

Considering money and interest

• Without audience, It will be a financial burden for any country. I dont think it will be wise for turkey to host, although Turkish federation is one of the richest one for sure

• Thailand would be the most party place to do it.

• Edmonton and Toronto did a great job hosting the Stanley Cup qualy round and finals in the bubble. Wonder if Canada would be interested in hosting?

How they are in men? In women they have no tradition and they never had at least hosted a panamerican cup i think

So i doubt

• It's going to be a pain in the ass to watch/stream games if it's China especially with how their websites operate so hopefully not there, just for that reason alone.

Fivb would be broadcasting international competitions

• what about livestreams? in the US they partnered up with flovolleyball.tv and in japan they partnered with fuji tv but they block overseas viewers so im glad japan doesn't have any plans on hosting it this year lol

Streams vary by country. Flo could be in the final year of their contract (was originally a 3 year deal), however NBC was broadcasting the women's Olympic Qualifier in 2019, over the weekend. So may have covered the non-US matches then.

• Flo sucks. As far as I know, they've abandoned all of their pro-volley contracts. the US might get lumped into whatever FIVB's is like volleyballworld.tv or something. NBC only has rights to the olympic related events

• what about livestreams? in the US they partnered up with flovolleyball.tv and in japan they partnered with fuji tv but they block overseas viewers so im glad japan doesn't have any plans on hosting it this year lol

I remember getting up in the early morning and watching China-Italy at Hong Kong just fine through one of the links that got posted here.

And sometimes it gets livestreamed on v.qq.com. I live in "the west" and can view it with no problems...

• I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be in China. We all know how FIVB favors them, but they also already showed that they can support a short league with a bubble format safely. Not saying another federation cannot, we just have yet to see how another would implement the bubble idea. I honestly would prefer Europe if not US because of the timezone. My body is always messed up having to stay up and watch matches in China. There's always replays, but it's not the same as watching live plus you miss out on all the drama on this forum then have to catch up reading the previous pages.

I wonder how will rosters work. Will wide rosters have to arrive all at the same time? Will it still be 21+ players or less depending on space?

• Edmonton and Toronto did a great job hosting the Stanley Cup qualy round and finals in the bubble. Wonder if Canada would be interested in hosting?

I wish, but it would never happen. Here hockey is a part of our culture, so that’s why we hosted the nhl playoffs, but most Canadians don’t think of volleyball as much more than an after school sport, I really wish that we would invest more in volleyball but I doubt it will ever happen. Plus the nhl paid for the bubble costs, not the host cities or teams, and Canada’s volleyball association would never be able to afford to do the same thing

• Italy has applied to Fivb to host the Women's vnl (i'm not sure if it include the finals)

• Italy has applied to Fivb to host the Women's vnl (i'm not sure if it include the finals)

I heard last week that FIVB changed mind and there won't be "bubble system", but tournaments in 4 places. It was said by polish journalists and they said very playful, that FIVB still changes its ideas. So maybe Italy applied for one of these tournaments.