2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• After a cancellation by covid,now the VNL returns in 2021 and this is official schedule

• Jules

Changed the title of the thread from “2021 Women! Volleyball Nations League” to “2021 Women Volleyball Nations League”.
  • And always some completely crazy schedule and travel through whole wolrd:

1. Brasil (2nd - 5th week) : Brasilia - Hong Kong - Poland - Seoul

2. USA (4th - 5th week): Wichita (Usa) - Jiangmen (china)

3. Canada (1st - 3rd week): Cuibaba - Tianjin - Ottawa

4,...... and many other examples for sure

• And always some completely crazy schedule and travel through whole wolrd:

1. Brasil (2nd - 5th week) : Brasilia - Hong Kong - Poland - Seoul

2. USA (4th - 5th week): Wichita (Usa) - Jiangmen (china)

3. Canada (1st - 3rd week): Cuibaba - Tianjin - Ottawa

4,...... and many other examples for sure

I was thinking about that a long ago,why didn't fivb play by continents and i realize that

Fivb make travel in base to watch games

For example any games can be play at morning (because it won't be public bcs they work and also it is played at week so)

So for example if in one week they played only in asia for example,china,japan,thailand,korea

All games gonna be at the same time and difficult to watch for public

With this what they do is have games all day in different moments in order they can watch almost all games at live

• Just I didn't even think about mentioning playing on one continent at the same time, and I certainly believe that it was never the idea of the FIVB

and I even think it generally doesn’t make sense at all.

But these long trips from one of the two American continents to China must be banned, they are long in themselves, and when we add the time difference, which is not in favor of jet-legging or simply wasting time. America - Europe - Asia must be the only relations in any order.

It certainly can't be ideal and probably someone would have a crazy schedule again, but I think that most teams suffer here, and even because China plays at home all 5 weeks, that indirectly affects the schedule of other groups and venues.

This is so irresponsible and disrespectful to the teams by FIVB , certainly Terzic has already confirmed that he will send B, C, D teams next year as well, and that decision is certainly influenced by the crazy schedule of this competition when two extremely important competitions that follow the league are added the VNL certainly cannot be expected from Serbia to be competent in the League of Nations, even at the cost of punishment (and the federation approved it)

• We all know that VNL is a fancy China's training ground, so China not travelling again was expected... but making the others travel that much is atrocious (but expected as well, because FIVB thinking only about money and not about players and the amount of games they need to play per season, that amount of travelling, is what they do best). Awful

• FIVB thinking only about money and not about players and the amount of games they need to play per season, that amount of travelling, is what they do best). Awful

And that's why I want to them as many federation as possible send B teams next year, a little to the detriment of the FIVB, and a little because I like to watch new, young and still unaffirmed players, although of course everyone would like to watch 120 matches and all the national teams will be in the strongest lineups, which is completely insane to expect, and the mix is the worst solution, which will probably be the case.

• And that's why I want to them as many federation as possible send B teams next year, a little to the detriment of the FIVB, and a little because I like to watch new, young and still unaffirmed players, although of course everyone would like to watch 120 matches and all the national teams will be in the strongest lineups, which is completely insane to expect, and the mix is the worst solution, which will probably be the case.

B Teams will never happen !! with new Modus for Qualification to Olympics every Game counts !! and VNL willmhvae a high ratio for all singel Games

• I totally agree with you.. Brazil's luck is that half of the team is used to reject calls in the period of VNL anyway, so we will be forced to use B-C teams despite the fact that our federation and Ze don't like to do that...

But I don't think this will be the case for the majority of the teams, that change in how FIVB ranking works will make VNL matches even more valuable than before :sos:

• And that's why I want to them as many federation as possible send B teams next year, a little to the detriment of the FIVB, and a little because I like to watch new, young and still unaffirmed players,

Me too! To me this was the best part of the beginning weeks of VNL, when main squads were resting after playing club volleyball (which they deserve) and having newcomers play in their place. Also one of the reasons I liked the Montreux Volley Masters.

• maybe some teams would send b teams to at least 2 weeks

But they would send the best in the other 3 cause its the only tournament before olympics and some teams need to make some decisions

• B Teams will never happen !! with new Modus for Qualification to Olympics every Game counts !! and VNL willmhvae a high ratio for all singel Games

I didn't even say that it would happen, that's what I want FIVB, in fact I just wanted to emphasize how harmful it is for the players what they do, certainly even if there is no new ranking system, I definitely absolutely agree that B teams in VNL will not to happen, although as far as Serbia is concerned, the strongest team will certainly not play, and probably not all 14 of the best, I believe that Terzic will rest them after hard club seasons and start preparations for the Olympic Games early, the only thing I don't know is which team will play in Nis , the second weekend, although I doubt very much that it will be the strongest team even then.

• All teams may use their best line-up and their best players at some point, especially when playing on home turf. I doubt they'll prepare for Olympics just training.

Anyway, using a B team doesn't change the fact that this formula isn't good, but we all know FIVB won't change it anyway.

• We all know that VNL is a fancy China's training ground, so China not travelling again was expected... but making the others travel that much is atrocious (but expected as well, because FIVB thinking only about money and not about players and the amount of games they need to play per season, that amount of travelling, is what they do best). Awful

excuse me, China's travelling schedule is awful:

Ningbo -> Tianjin -> Macao -> HK -> Jiangmen

haha kidding, and also the last three places are very close together.

We know what money can do..

• I don't think that it will be possible to hold the 2021 VNL because of covid, but somehow FIVB still pushes a schedule out. Thoughts?

For example, quarantining for two weeks in each new country is certainly not possible... not to mention the different regulations each country has for foreign citizens entering and leaving.

• I don't think that it will be possible to hold the 2021 VNL because of covid, but somehow FIVB still pushes a schedule out. Thoughts?

For example, quarantining for two weeks in each new country is certainly not possible... not to mention the different regulations each country has for foreign citizens entering and leaving.

2021 VNL is still a long way out, and the covid situation and regulations may be vastly different from what they are right now. It’s a lot easier to have a schedule planned and then cancel it if it’s not possible to actually hold the VNL than it is to try and plan it last minute if covid has been contained by next summer