2020 CEV Youth Championship

• the worst italian generation in last years

It probably is, but worst part of it is the setter, she's being straight up awful today, she just sets to the OH even with good reception and the Russian block is always ready. With a decent setter they would probably still have lost but at least put up a better fight.

• It probably is, but worst part of it is the setter, she's being straight up awful today, she just sets to the OH even with good reception and the Russian block is always ready. With a decent setter they would probably still have lost but at least put up a better fight.

But i see the team in same or worst level than last year

Only change was ituma that did good instead of giacomello that idk what happened to her

They could do better but they're still behind the finalist

• It's so delightful to watch this Russia :rose:

• This group looks really good. Lots of potential for Russia in the coming years!

Kosheleva was the last russian with potential that made good in NT

Ilchenko and fetisova had moments but nothing more and the rest so flop

• It probably is, but worst part of it is the setter, she's being straight up awful today, she just sets to the OH even with good reception and the Russian block is always ready. With a decent setter they would probably still have lost but at least put up a better fight.

Is it really? There were many users praising to some players in this generation:what: I was expecting more since they were the finalist of this generation last year against Turkey.

• Is it really? There were many users praising to some players in this generation:what: I was expecting more since they were the finalist of this generation last year against Turkey.

But like i said last year it was clear that turkey and russia were the best

Italy come back in semis because of public in home

Now we see the difference

• The players are not taken to the junior team due to their abilities. 6 players are from Severyanka-2 ?. It would be more accurate to say that Italy will play against Severyanka-2, not the Russia junior team. For me, this team represents Severyanka-2:gone:, not the junior team. Last year it was Kazan-2, now Severyanka-2. Therefore, players who don't wear the jersey of the junior team perform better than those who do:aww:

I only knew that Suvorova, Kobzar and Khabibrakhmanova are from Severyanka. Who else is from that club? Fedorovsteva and Zamaskaia are from DInamo-Ak Bars, Zhabrova is from Kaliningrad, Shvydkaia is from Uralochka, and Artiukhina is from Zarechie.

• Is it really? There were many users praising to some players in this generation:what: I was expecting more since they were the finalist of this generation last year against Turkey.

Yes I think it is, there are some good players but not the stars (for their level) of previous generations. The best player as of right now is imo Manuela Ribechi, which is sadly an OH of only 170/72 cm, she is still able to put up a very good performance at this level (and it's telling that despite her height she's the best scorer of the tourney), but I can't see her making it on a high level as an OH, I believe she will change her role to libero in the next future. She has great spirit and she's clearly very motivated so I think she could become a good libero, not sure if the best one considering the tradition there is in Italy with the position.

Ituma is a very promising OPP and she has a great physicality, but she still needs to work a lot, she's way too error prone and imprecise; Bellia is also a good prospect imo, usually OH that are so tall are very lacking in reception but she proved to be at least on an acceptable level. The middle blockers is hard to tell, they're not good blockers for sure but in attack they suffer a lot from the setter, which is by far the most lacking position compared to previous years, where Italy always had at least a decent if not good setter (Monza, Morello, Orro, Cambi). Just to point out how bad Orlandi was today, Russia and Italy had more or less the same % of reception (Rus 55%/36% and Ita 54/34), MBs for Russia recieved in total 24 sets, the italians only 8.

• Sabitova, Dumrauf, Popova and a trainer, Karikov.....

I expected Irina Shcherban and Pavlova to join this team:whistle:

Do you have any video of Pavlova? She is from a lower category (2006-2007). And Shcherban is shorter than Zamaiskaia or Artiukhina so I don't think it's a good idea. IMO, the players who are missing in this team are Protopopova (due to an injury) and Gatina (from Loko).

• Yes I think it is, there are some good players but not the stars (for their level) of previous generations. The best player as of right now is imo Manuela Ribechi, which is sadly an OH of only 170/72 cm, she is still able to put up a very good performance at this level (and it's telling that despite her height she's the best scorer of the tourney), but I can't see her making it on a high level as an OH, I believe she will change her role to libero in the next future. She has great spirit and she's clearly very motivated so I think she could become a good libero, not sure if the best one considering the tradition there is in Italy with the position.

Ituma is a very promising OPP and she has a great physicality, but she still needs to work a lot, she's way too error prone and imprecise; Bellia is also a good prospect imo, usually OH that are so tall are very lacking in reception but she proved to be at least on an acceptable level. The middle blockers is hard to tell, they're not good blockers for sure but in attack they suffer a lot from the setter, which is by far the most lacking position compared to previous years, where Italy always had at least a decent if not good setter (Monza, Morello, Orro, Cambi). Just to point out how bad Orlandi was today, Russia and Italy had more or less the same % of reception (Rus 55%/36% and Ita 54/34), MBs for Russia recieved in total 24 sets, the italians only 8.

I am surprised by the level of the Italian setters, as you said Italy almost always had a decent setter in last 4-5 generations. I think for now Italy has enough Opps and MBs for couple of olympic cycle. What they need is a good all-around OH to replace Bosetti for next Olympic cycle (unless Lucia follows the footsteps of Piccinini and plays forever:lol:)

To me getting 1 or 2 star quality players from each generations is more valuable than getting a medal with a bunch of decent players. Especially short players tend to be disappointing in senior level (for example Damla Çakıroğlu as MVP of her generation). This Turkish generation relies on talented setter but I doubt that she can survive even in U19 championship unless she won't get taller next years

• I am surprised by the level of the Italian setters, as you said Italy almost always had a decent setter in last 4-5 generations. I think for now Italy has enough Opps and MBs for couple of olympic cycle. What they need is a good all-around OH to replace Bosetti for next Olympic cycle (unless Lucia follows the footsteps of Piccinini and plays forever:lol:)

To me getting 1 or 2 star quality players from each generations is more valuable than getting a medal with a bunch of decent players. Especially short players tend to be disappointing in senior level (for example Damla Çakıroğlu as MVP of her generation). This Turkish generation relies on talented setter but I doubt that she can survive even in U19 championship unless she won't get taller next years

For next cycle Caterina could still fill the role, she's going to be just 30 for Paris 2024 (and potentially even in 2028 at 34 wouldn't be something unheard of), but I agree other than her as of right now it's definetly the most lacking position, hoping that Malinov and/or Orro will step up their game. It's funny how Italy went from having Piccinini/Del Core/Costagrande/Bosetti and no opposite to way too many opposites and no defensive OH :white:

• Do you have any video of Pavlova?

unfortunately no.... I just take a look at her stats.

And Shcherban is shorter than Zamaiskaia or Artiukhina so I don't think it's a good idea.

she was 179 cm but now her height is 182 cm not shorter than Zamanskaya, maybe she is growing taller:/

http://www.dinamokrasnodar.ru/…eam/dinamo-2/7317-russkih

the players who are missing in this team are Protopopova (due to an injury)

she didn't impress me last year, but everything can change at any time bcz we're talking about a 16 yo player.

Gatina (from Loko).

she has health issues. I like her sister's performance (Sveta Gatina)

• she didn't impress me last year, but everything can change at any time bcz we're talking about a 16 yo player.

Well, she is 1.95 and she could perfectly match with this team since Popova isn't a reliable player. Indeed, she was the principal opposite in the last tournaments. If Zhabrova and Kobzar have improved their level, Protopopova could do it as well.

she was 179 cm but now her height is 182 cm not shorter than Zamanskaya, maybe she is growing taller:/

http://www.dinamokrasnodar.ru/…eam/dinamo-2/7317-russkih

Is she Yana's sister?

she has health issues. I like her sister's performance (Sveta Gatina)

So... she will never play for the NT? It's a shame.

• Vajagic and Bukmen looked really good. Dalia Wilson obviously as well. Why is Aleyna Göçmen not playing? Isn't she supposed to be like the leader OH of this generation. Also Kurtagic looked out of place with this generation.

Pelin Eroktay was kinda disappointing, I had hoped to see a better performance from what I had heard.

I also watched some Russia, Federorovtseva is really good indeed, I also liked the middles.

• I think Bellia can become a very solid OH, her receiving and defense looked good and I felt like she was a defensive OH, then I saw her height is reported as 190, that can be a big advantage for her if she can keep her defensive skills at this quality in senior level.

Ribecchi is strong, smart, brave but short. It is such a shame that noone will probably use her as OH in senior level due to her height. I mean she was Italy's only reliable attacker. Saying that, her receiving and defensive skills are not up to the point to be converted to a libero from what i saw :(

I think both Serbian and Italian setters were not good. Kobzar on the other hand looks really promising, she is as talented (or even more) as Turkish setter and she is around 183 cm. She might be a good investment for senior team together with Arina and the middles.

On Turkish side, Pelin is like herself 1-2 years ago. Her arm swing is slow, she can't hit the ball hard, she does not jump well, so far she was relying on placing the ball on the right spot but Serbia shot her down well. I will be surprised if she can even reach to the level of Gözde Yilmaz for example. I am not very hopeful about the OHs of Turkey either unless they have a Gözde Kirdar moment and work hard to become more agile, athletic and strong. The setter can actually make it to the senior team in GS, even though she is short. If she becomes 172-175, I am sure GS will keep her. I mean Turkish teams have been using setters like Lo Bianco, Tomkom and Ezgi. Özge needs to make sure her setting is beyond other local setters to compensate for her weakness in blocking. I agree that most promising players of this generation are middles for Turkey. Aleyna Göcmen is also a promising OH but she is benched since match 2, but I won't be surprised if we see her name more often in the future.

• For next cycle Caterina could still fill the role, she's going to be just 30 for Paris 2024 (and potentially even in 2028 at 34 wouldn't be something unheard of), but I agree other than her as of right now it's definetly the most lacking position, hoping that Malinov and/or Orro will step up their game. It's funny how Italy went from having Piccinini/Del Core/Costagrande/Bosetti and no opposite to way too many opposites and no defensive OH :white:

Yes after having all that monster now a receiving oh is difficult for italy

But they have caterina as you said and for me populini also is a great prospect in the position

They can find others

• Hena is monster in block, for sure best in that skill on this tournament, 5 block in first set against Italy, she have all predispositions to become new star MB from Serbia, but she must work on field play and attack a lot, in attack she isn't good little because her bad timing little because horrible sets by Madnovic to her, i pray for her to keep doing like this.