Politics and social issues

• NCAA: Atheletes who had COVID will be considered 'fully vaccinated'

https://www.themainewire.com/2…a-says-in-new-guidelines/

Atleast NCAA is more logical than most world governments right now.:whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• WHO: 50% of Europe could be infected by COVID in next two months

https://unric.org/en/who-50-of…y-covid-in-next-2-months/

And a follow up... :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• NCAA: Atheletes who had COVID will be considered 'fully vaccinated'

https://www.themainewire.com/2…a-says-in-new-guidelines/

Atleast NCAA is more logical than most world governments right now.:whistle:

:rolll: this will be a total mess with new cases every single day.

• South Korean male volleyball player Kim In-Hyuk who plays for the Samsung Bluefangs was found dead in his home On February 4. Although police are still investigating the cause of death, it is thought that Kim committed suicide due to the ongoing bullying he has dealt with. Netizens would send messages particularly on game days spreading hate regarding the way he looks and creating rumors that he wears make up and is gay.

Omyll0Gx0vrlxIS66oOzIFMVc7XLX-bppXeUpJjPJtITyRbYYLRTM_3MVphrXpns0JgoRdPPEXOjuEgyvVMLm6aKkmwPBuIVUoB_c1znWD9xd59uaUC1STBpKa4w05B3w4fXFmQi

In August of last year he made a post on Instagram saying this,

"All of these misunderstanding that I have ignored for the past 10 years. I thought that ignoring them would be the best, but now I am tired. None of you have ever seen me up close, and you know nothing about me, and yet you constantly bully me with your malicious comments. Please stop, I'm so tired of them. No, I do not wear makeup, I have never worn makeup, I do not like men, I have a girlfriend, and no I have never acted in any AV content in my life. Again, no I do not put on mascara or any eye makeup. I put on toner and lotion, but if that's make up, then sure, I put on makeup."

On February 3 a day before his death, he made a final post on Instagram with the caption, "hello...good night.." along with the lyrics to the song Please by Lucia. ;(

I can never understand how some people find the time and energy to continue and continue again to bully someone just for being different. It just saddens me because I know this happens often. Not everyone can withstand that physical, mental, and emotional harm and it sucks because I wish I could tell them that yes they can get through this one step at a time. Another reason why it's important to check in on friends and family because sometimes you just never know what they are dealing with and where their head is at. Remind them that they are beautiful, that they are loved, that they are important and that you are there for them. <3

Here is a link to Kim In-Hyuk's instagram for anyone that wants stop by. As well as the beautiful yet painful and sad song of the lyrics in his final post.

• OMG, that's some horrible, horrible news. I had heard about this incident, but now, learning the details, it just makes everything more sad.

Something needs to be done about this. You cannot let people get away with this, disrupting other people's lives... That's disgraceful.

• Donetsk and Luhansk have pretty much been annexed by Russia 🤡

RIP Eastern Ukraine after Crimea as well.

Russian imperialism can't go on like this... Who is next, Belarus? The Baltic states? Central Asia? The rest of Ukraine? smh.

EU is silent because it relies on Russia for gas lmao.

• time for peacekeeper micha hancock to start

H8VhS4n.png

I wonder how this will affect that champions league... the US has already told americans to leave Ukraine... I can't imagine they want them to go into russia (especially if they impose sanctions)

• time for peacekeeper micha hancock to start

H8VhS4n.png

I wonder how this will affect that champions league... the US has already told americans to leave Ukraine... I can't imagine they want them to go into russia (especially if they impose sanctions)

The Turkish government just announced (eastern) Ukraine as a danger to Turkish citizens as well, despite Ukraine and Turkey being like the best of allies and friendly nations/neighbours.

For volleyball, at this rate I'd suspend Russia from all competitions

As well as completely isolate them as a country btw, might sound harsh and radical but it's completely on their president and that Hitler-esque speech we just heard.

• The Turkish government just announced (eastern) Ukraine as a danger to Turkish citizens as well, despite Ukraine and Turkey being like the best of allies and friendly nations/neighbours.

For volleyball, at this rate I'd suspend Russia from all competitions

As well as completely isolate them as a country btw, might sound harsh and radical but it's completely on their president and that Hitler-esque speech we just heard.

i dont disagree. i dont think its a good thing to turn a blind eye (like the IOC did)

quick, get novara and chemik on board :lol::heart:

• Nordstream2 already got cancelled (granted, not when you made this comment).

FWIW Belarus is already a client state of Russia.

Baltics are part of NATO, Russia won't be able to touch them.

The rest of Ukraine is pro West rather than pro Russia. Don't know too much about central Asia.

• Well it is a very simple logic when you consider that politicians at that level don't act only for today but also for future:

- Ukraine: "I would like to be a part of NATO and EU. My people elected a government which is obviously turning its face to west. Our people are tired of living in these conditions and they deserve better. With EU funds, we can provide a life quality similar to Poland in our country"

- Russia: "Ukraine using its potential and improving economic wealth of the country will create a wave among other ex Soviet countries which would like to have similar good conditions to live in. This will make more of them turning their faces to west and it won't only be them but also other minorities within Russia will ask for the same conditions. Ukraine will be a bad example to them so I should come up with excuses like "Ukraine will develop nuclear weapons and attack us". For this time, we can just occupy the pre-occupied regions to test what NATO and EU will do. Hopefully Ukraine will give up from their dreams and I can place a muppet dictator there"

This is actually a test towards NATO and EU as well. EU relying on Russian gas making things bad, however now EU states can claim nuclear energy is the best solution and only way to be completely independent of Russia, leaving them in a worse situation. For NATO, there has been unfortunate claims by many leaders recently such as "Is NATO a dead organisation etc". With today's development, someone (not sure who) is putting on our face how important NATO is, especially for the safety of EU states.

For Ukraine, best solution at this point will be to give up from Donetsk and Luhansk and have further dialogues with NATO and EU, making sure that they have enough support and resources to stop Russia in case they would like to invade further. I don't think Putin will dare to face NATO members in Ukraine, if they are deployed there. Moreover, a longer war will make it difficult for Putin to control rest of the Russia, if other groups start rioting which will be an expected outcome of economic sanctions.

If Ukraine manages to get in the EU and increases life standards, regions like Luhansk and Donetsk will probably beg them to be a part of Ukraine again.

• - Russia: "Ukraine using its potential and improving economic wealth of the country will create a wave among other ex Soviet countries which would like to have similar good conditions to live in. This will make more of them turning their faces to west and it won't only be them but also other minorities within Russia will ask for the same conditions. Ukraine will be a bad example to them so I should come up with excuses like "Ukraine will develop nuclear weapons and attack us". For this time, we can just occupy the pre-occupied regions to test what NATO and EU will do. Hopefully Ukraine will give up from their dreams and I can place a muppet dictator there"

I get all of that, but I don't get what benefits Putin/Russia gets from officially recognizing the existence of Donetsk/Lukhansk as independent republics. He's just giving NATO/EU an excuse to sanction him.

• This is actually a test towards NATO and EU as well. EU relying on Russian gas making things bad, however now EU states can claim nuclear energy is the best solution and only way to be completely independent of Russia, leaving them in a worse situation. For NATO, there has been unfortunate claims by many leaders recently such as "Is NATO a dead organisation etc". With today's development, someone (not sure who) is putting on our face how important NATO is, especially for the safety of EU states.

Putin is no saint. His diplomacy is doing everything that it's in his power to destabilize the region. As zhutingfan, I also don't really understand what gains he thinks he'll be able to savor for the long haul. So, whoever wishes for a pacific outcome should be very critical of him.

At the same time, I think it's important to ask: what is the point of NATO? What exactly have they been doing ever since the dissolution of the Warsaw Pact to ensure the safety of Europe? Because their biggest legacy since 1991 that comes to mind is causing mayhem in Yugoslavia. So when I think of the wellbeing of the Ukrainian people, it doesn't pop into my mind the absolute necessity of joining NATO. But hey, maybe that's what happens when you vote for a comedian to be your President.

• I get all of that, but I don't get what benefits Putin/Russia gets from officially recognizing the existence of Donetsk/Lukhansk as independent republics. He's just giving NATO/EU an excuse to sanction him.

Well that's how he threatens Ukraine, saying that "if you keep the dialogue with NATO/EU, I will invade you further, so stop it immediately".

Besides that, Donetsk coal basin represents %90 of Ukraine's reserves and according to Wikipedia "Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts together produced about 30 percent of Ukraine's exports": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_in_Ukraine

• To summarize it:

Putin wants Ukraine to give up from NATO and EU. How to do this? Threaten them that they will be completely invaded. Should we invade it all? No, lets start with acknowledging already separated parts: Donetsk and Luhansk. But if they keep the dialog with NATO/EU, we move further until they stop.

Ukraine wants to join EU. But Russia won't allow this. How can Ukraine protect itself from Russian invasion? Join NATO, so there is no risk in future of Russian threats and Ukraine can decide their future by itself, whether they join EU or not.

• Putin wants Ukraine to give up from NATO and EU. How to do this? Threaten them that they will be completely invaded. Should we invade it all? No, lets start with acknowledging already separated parts: Donetsk and Luhansk. But if they keep the dialog with NATO/EU, we move further until they stop

And what if Ukraine calls their bluff, cedes Donetsk, Luhansk, and Crimea, leaving them with no active territorial disputes giving them a green light to join NATO? If Putin really wanted to prevent Ukraine from joining NATO he should've left Donetsk and Luhansk as disputed territories.