Politics and social issues

• It's said Turkey is closing the black sea to Russian warships, recognizing the conflict officially as war. There are some Russian ships heading there atm, if Russia hits back in disagreement for intervening in their "inner politics" this could escalate globally since Turkey is a NATO member.

Putin already threatened with nuclears as well today 🤡 Just go home, you're already being seen as a second Hitler.

• FIFA flopped.... they did the literal same thing the IOC did... said russia will be allowed to compete as "Football Union of Russia"....

all of the countries that said they wont play russia... reaffirmed their stance. (Czech, Poland, Sweden, France, England among the most prominent)

idk why I expected otherwise from FIFA

• Russia Warns Greece to Stop Anti-Russian Propaganda

Russia’s Embassy in Athens, Greece:

“We call on everyone, and especially the very top officials, politicians and statesmen, MPs, party officials, ministries, the media, who were so hasty yesterday to blame Russia for everything (as always), to come together and take over their responsibilities, to stop anti-Russian propaganda and to show composure, sobriety and seriousness”

• It is great to see the international support around the world for Ukraine. I wonder why people didn't bother when USA invaded other countries like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Not saying to justify Russia's terrible actions but I hate hypocricy of western world. They can take totally different stands depending on who makes the evil actions. Reactions change drastically if it is Russia or USA or China

• It is great to see the international support around the world for Ukraine. I wonder why people didn't bother when USA invaded other countries like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Not saying to justify Russia's terrible actions but I hate hypocricy of western world. They can take totally different stands depending on who makes the evil actions. Reactions change drastically if it is Russia or USA or China

Very different circumstances. There's no easy way to explain it but neither are comparable.

Post 9/11:

The US claimed the intent was to remove "a regime that developed and used weapons of mass destruction, that harbored and supported terrorists, committed outrageous human rights abuses and defied the just demands of the United Nations and the world".

• Dutch NT male team will not participate at WCH 2022 as long as Russia will be the host.

Dutch federation NEVOBO also in intensive consultation with the FIVB about the participation of the Russian women's NT at WCH 2022 in Poland and the Netherlands.

https://www.volleybalkrant.nl/…-niet-naar-wk-in-rusland/

• Very similar indeed. Russia use the same excuse. They claim that Russian minority groups are not treated well by Ukrainian government and they don't want any NATO missiles located so close to their border, seeing it as a national treat. Again, I'm not saying those are correct claims but governments can be very creative with coming up excuses to invade a country.

It turned out that Weapons of mass destruction was an excuse to just attack those countries by USA. And obviously there are many reports showing how badly human rights were abused by American military while they invade those countries.

Just my two cents to remind everyone that we have USA who has done maybe even worse in the past

Uhm, no offense, but that's a lack of knowledge. Intervention in Afghanistan (regardless of its effects and the way it was organized) was justified because Taliban government was supporting Al-Kaida and 9/11 operation was coordinated and organized from its territories, so basically Afghanistan was responsible for attacks on US territory. It's a revisionist history that there could have been different reaction than overthrowing Taliban government from the US.

Iraq was unjustified and many countries were opposing this intervention, for example Turkey, at that time, despite its membership in NATO (France, Germany etc), and today it is a consensus that it was bad, probably the worst decision in US foreign policy in XXI century, yet it's still not on par with war on Ukraine, considering Hussein should have been overthrown in early 90s in the first place because he was a war criminal attacking neighbouring nations and using chemical weapons against Iraqi citizens.

So, although the US criticism for Iraq is fair - Ukraine is on a whole different level.