Politics and social issues

• not really, Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych was forcibly removed from power by a coup. This coup was openly supported by US

Yanukovych was corrupt as hell, imprisoned political rivals, killed protesters and no doubt did much more shady stuff that I don’t even know about. He was rejected by his MPs and disavowed by his own party. Once this man was removed Ukraine did conduct a fair and free election. A coup usually suggests that a rival group seizes power but that wasn’t the case here and honestly whatever word we use for it, I think it was a justified move.

• Yanukovych was corrupt as hell, imprisoned political rivals, killed protesters and no doubt did much more shady stuff that I don’t even know about. He was rejected by his MPs and disavowed by his own party. Once this man was removed Ukraine did conduct a fair and free election. A coup usually suggests that a rival group seizes power but that wasn’t the case here and honestly whatever word we use for it, I think it was a justified move.

Yeah, it wasn't a coup per se, he was removed from the office within the democratic institutions, the question is whether he was removed from the office by the Ukrainian parliament legally or not, and, even though morally it was totally justified, from a legal perspective it's 50/50 to be completely honest whether you're liberal/literal as a legalist, lol.

• people tend to equal the western, liberal countries with autocratic ones. Yes there is hardly any country with clean hands but the gap in the level of individual rights and freedoms between these are huge. You can say fuck off to boris or biden in their faces, organize protests, found NGOs but you can't do most of those in countries like Belarus, Russia, China, and to some extent Turkey and the like. I wanted to keep quiet but that simplification is killing me

• Yanukovych was corrupt as hell, imprisoned political rivals, killed protesters and no doubt did much more shady stuff that I don’t even know about. He was rejected by his MPs and disavowed by his own party. Once this man was removed Ukraine did conduct a fair and free election. A coup usually suggests that a rival group seizes power but that wasn’t the case here and honestly whatever word we use for it, I think it was a justified move.

I bet serdar didn't know that just like all of his comments are misleading anyway and his point is that he would rather have billions be killed than let USA intervene.

• I bet serdar didn't know that just like all of his comments are misleading anyway and his point is that he would rather have billions be killed than let USA intervene.

Don't manipulate my comments. I didn't say that! The comment I responded to was claiming free elections and I challenged to that since it was a coup. It is hard to admit probably for delusional people like you thinking USA is the holly savior against all bad dictators as if they are not the one steering the pot to create instabilities all over the world for USA's interest

• You don't need to force democracy or your own values on other countries, we are so democratic and now what, polluting the world to it's death. Great.

I don't think anyone has a right to speak about millions or billions dying when possibly 1 million died in Iraq as a result of the invasions and North Korea might be even worse and not being invaded for being a threat. Please, you can choose to be blind but it's all for benefits.

Like I get what you guys mean with the basic human rights but honestly this is just used by those on top for their own bank.

Let people define their own success, it's not up to our superiority complex to decide for them. Like I said even our "perfect" system destroys the planet, who knows we might even get inspired ourselves.

• What a stupid decision from CEV and FIVB. They can condemn Russia government, but players are innocent.

When USA bombed Afghanistan, did CEV and FIVB have guts to ban any USA teams?

I am sick of this double standard.

You forgot when US/NATO bombed Serbia, Iraq, Libya did UN bat an eyelash? And now Russia is invading Ukarine with "minimal" casualties to purge the country of Neo-Nazis (don't believe everything you see and here in mainstream media) and Russia deserves to go to hell. The hypocrisy of the West disgusts me.

• Russia is not a democracy. It's ruled by a (psycho) dictator

If you think that Russia is not a democracy, then their citizens (by this I mean the athletes who can "vote") have even less responsibility on their shoulders than if Russia were democratic.

Athletes in individual sports are banned entirely, just by virtue of being born in Russia. I'm not talking about not being allowed the national anthem or not allowed the white-blue-red flag. I mean excluded entirely, even if they spoke up against Putin's actions.

• The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. - George Orwell

• you should delete your account.

oh-really-i-see.gif

Why should I delete mine, just because you don't agree with me? The entitlement of someone here lol

• Look, I'm not saying Russia's actions are justified (or one side is objectively right than the other). Each side can peddle the version of the truth they want, but incriminating Russia for the very same actions the West has "disguised" as war on terror in various other countries in the past that and the West not receiving this kind of treatment. That is hypocrisy to me.

• it's so disgusting see al this pro russia just avoiding to talk bad about russia and only putting usa as an excuse to do this sh.t

• "good" russia vs "bad" russia, of course what a reductionist thing to say :whistle: