Politics and social issues

• its a defense.... against Russia (formed originally against the Soviet Union)

it would make no sense to invite russia in it?

Fact one: Russia is not Soviet Union.
    Fact Two: Make common interests with your enemy is best way to protect yourself. (That's the original founding concept of Euro Union)
    Fact Three: NATO wants to target Russia and NATO is a military organization.
    Fact Four: Russia is threatened by a military organization called NATO

I think Russia is wrong to invade Ukraine but NATO gives Russia no choice.

• Fact one: Russia is not Soviet Union.
    Fact Two: Make common interests with your enemy is best way to protect yourself. (That's the original founding concept of Euro Union)
    Fact Three: NATO wants to target Russia and NATO is a military organization.
    Fact Four: Russia is threatened by a military organization called NATO

I think Russia is wrong to invade Ukraine but NATO gives Russia no choice.

NATO gives russia no choice? what? maybe dont invade a sovereign territory?

Ukraine isn't in NATO. well, Russia is pushing them that way. Finland and Sweden aren't in NATO. well, Russia is pushing them that way.

Yes, Russia is not the Soviet Union, but they are the remnant of it. There is no reason to invite Russia to NATO.

They're an "enemy" for a reason.... and not an ally.

• Please see the Fact 3 & 4. Can I put up tons of defensive weapon just in front of your house?

NATO does not "target" russia. They won't attack Russia unless they are attacked first.

Sure, Russia can feel threatened by NATO.... just like the rest of the world feels threatened by their nuclear weapons and their dictator leader.

• because you say "And now Russia is invading Ukarine with "minimal" casualties to purge the country of Neo-Nazis"

lots of Nazis here, where civilians are

ukraine_0_1200x768.jpeg?n2MW.zH_kn5DxRPlU8b.qf_vAAdHl2PY&size=770:433

What's your point? This is Putin's "war" as what the mainstream media likes to call it of course there will be casualties. If Russia really wanted to, they could take the entire Ukraine in less than a week but obviously that is not whats happening. The media you consume is biased, and that's an understatement.

• NATO does not "target" russia. They won't attack Russia unless they are attacked first.

Sure, Russia can feel threatened by NATO.... just like the rest of the world feels threatened by their nuclear weapons and their dictator leader.

To be clear, the major wars post Cold War times, were not triggered by dictator leaders but the elected politicians.

• What's your point? This is Putin's "war" as what the mainstream media likes to call it of course there will be casualties. If Russia really wanted to, they could take the entire Ukraine in less than a week but obviously that is not whats happening. The media you consume is biased, and that's an understatement.

just keep telling yourself that :whistle::whistle::whistle:

• If Russia were to put missiles in Mexico, how do you think USA will react? The current government in Kyiv was installed with the backing of US/NATO. Putin has sent the Chechens for the head of Zelensky and co who are traitors of the worst kind.

• Whoever believes this war is between Russia vs Ukraine, I have a bridge to sell you. This is a war between US/NATO vs Russia, and Ukraine is just collateral damage.

• Not surprised to see massive gathering in Belgrade to support Russia.

I wasn't sure that even the new generation of Serbians are still pro russian. There were comments on this forum to justify their ethnic cleansing tho.

1) You can be against US war crimes in Iraq/Cuba and still speak up Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

2) You can help those feeling to Ukraine and also remember people going through same crises in Yemen/Palestine.

3) Western society is so hypocrite but it's not Ukrainians' fault.

• In 2015, what was US/NATO doing in Syria? Seeing a pattern yet? Lol

• If Russia were to put missiles in Mexico, how do you think USA will react? The current government in Kyiv was installed with the backing of US/NATO. Putin has sent the Chechens for the head of Zelensky and co who are traitors of the worst kind.

How are Zelensky and co “traitors of the worst kind”? I’m genuinely asking here, I don’t pretend to be an expert and agree the Western media is largely biased so I’m interested in alternative takes.

• How are Zelensky and co “traitors of the worst kind”? I’m genuinely asking here, I don’t pretend to be an expert and agree the Western media is largely biased so I’m interested in alternative takes.

1-Zelensky can at any time halt the Ukrainian troop buildup aimed at a new offensive in the Donbas and return his forces to their bases and send his troops back to their barracks.

2-Zelensky can at any time pledge to return to a state of cessation of hostilities and work to implement a ceasefire.

But of course, Zelensky must follow the orders from his US/NATO masters and so we have the situation we are in right now. In other words, Zelensky is nothing more than a puppet, he has been bought out by $$$$ and I would not be surprised he will actually get killed by the side he thinks he is on when he has served his purpose.

http://thesaker.is/ - I'm using this site for all things Russia-related, but a disclaimer this is pro Russian but the users/commenters (from all over the world) are not your typical Western Joe who has been brainwashed by the mainstream media.

• A site pro russian certainly gonna he an impartial oppinion 😄😄😄😄

Abd called western media as biased

There's freedoom to speech in russia by the way?

• A site pro russian certainly gonna he an impartial oppinion 😄😄😄😄

Abd called western media as biased

There's freedoom to speech in russia by the way?

This may come as a bit of a shock to you, but it's important to understand both sides.

• I definitely agree we should look at both sides and let's assume everything from the Russian perspective is right. A country can decide for themselves whether they want to be a ''puppet'' of USA or Russia or whatever and as bad as racism and discrimination against ethnic groups is, having media against Russians is still not a valid reason for Russia to invade internationally accepted Ukrainian territory (and it's not just Donbass being invaded either) and threaten the entire world with nuclears.

A lot of countries' media is incredibly negative towards their neighbours and it does cause animosity between peoples as well, should Japan invade Korea next by that logic, Turkey to invade Greece? China to invade Taiwan? Romania to invade Hungary? And so forth.

I definitely agree that this type of propaganda can be very discriminatory and that it's problematic, we should work on that! Not by bombing the capital of your neighbour and threatening to nuke the world if they intervene though. I think we should be passed those times.

I think Russia (Putin) is shooting itself in the foot tbh, I have talked with many Russians and I think Turks and Russians being so close to what's considered the West but also isolated can actually find a lot of common ground on a lot of subjects and see more sides than that is sold on just the western media, I definitely see how gross demonization of Russians is and it's definitely been out there for years. You can include the Chinese in this. The thing is the people in these countries have to acknowledge that there are indeed a lot of issues from within that is also holding them back to begin with. The west has always been great at marketing as well and covering up their mistakes with $$$ :rolll: But two wrongs make two wrongs and no right, and that's the situation atm. We can't blame people for choosing the richer wrong and at least improving their living standards as shallow as it is.

Putin and his regime are Russia's biggest issue and holdback, they don't really have an ideology, just angry men threatening to shoot you if you disagree with them. It has no future. Putin's Russia has no future, especially on a global scale. Russia as a country has a lot of potential, I hope they start seeing that and overthrow this regime as hard as I know it is.

• World needs to isolate nazi Russia and Belarus with new Hitler as head, aka Putin.

Simple as that.