Politics and social issues

• having media against Russians is still not a valid reason for Russia to invade internationally accepted Ukrainian territory (and it's not just Donbass being invaded either)

That is not the reason why Russia invaded Ukraine. Media against Russians came after the invasion took place, not before.

• That is not the reason why Russia invaded Ukraine. Media against Russians came after the invasion took place, not before.

That's not true. Ukraine had a strong anti-Russian nationalist wave with the new rule, Russians say this was US funded. (I can believe that)

Ukraine (besides Donbass) started to be heavily anti Russian and nationalist, this anti-Russia campaign was one of the reasons mentioned for Russia ''having to invade/free'' Donbass to make sure the Russians don't face discrimination any longer as a result of the anti-Russian regime and media. The Ukrainian media was anti-Russia for years, even before the Crimea invasion, like I said it came with the new ''anti-Russian'' government.

• That's not true. Ukraine had a strong anti-Russian nationalist wave with the new rule, Russians say this was US funded. (I can believe that)

Ukraine (besides Donbass) started to be heavily anti Russian and nationalist, this anti-Russia campaign was one of the reasons mentioned for Russia ''having to invade/free'' Donbass to make sure the Russians don't face discrimination any longer as a result of the anti-Russian regime and media. The Ukrainian media was anti-Russia for years, even before the Crimea invasion, like I said it came with the new ''anti-Russian'' government.

But Ukraine is not the only country that has a strong anti-Russian sentiment, and the Donbass issue has existed since 2014. I think the idea that Russia wanted to check NATO expansion is much more in line with similar events throughout history. Ultimately, none of us can read Putin's mind and it might as well be a matter of opinion.

• I can't believe the stupid excuses someones madd in favor of this war

And then complaining about us doing the same

• Oil prices are absolute bonkers right now.:sos:

I'm cycling but man I can't do it all the time with our weather in the Philippines. Last time I biked during noon, I almost died. :white:

If the war continues as long as Zelenskiy plays to the tune of "God Bless America" or whatever that lame duck of a president from USA says, the world will end up with a super-inflation the likes we, millenials have never seen before.:sos:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Interesting, the most high profile Ukranian volleyball player, Goncharova, has remianed silent through all of this

• Interesting, the most high profile Ukranian volleyball player, Goncharova, has remianed silent through all of this

queen answers to no one but her dogs who have russian blood.

She was asked this question in her Instagram profile. I've been wondering about her thoughts (and the other Ukrainian players like Muserskiy) on this situation and I can imagine it's a difficult subject to answer. She sides with Russia, she gets the ire of Ukraine. she sides with Ukraine, she'll be accused of betraying Russia. She stays neutral and doesn't speak up, people will say she's being too safe. Either way, she'll be screwed. That probably explains why she chose to keep her mouth shut.

• She was asked this question in her Instagram profile. I've been wondering about her thoughts (and the other Ukrainian players like Muserskiy) on this situation and I can imagine it's a difficult subject to answer. She sides with Russia, she gets the ire of Ukraine. she sides with Ukraine, she'll be accused of betraying Russia. She stays neutral and doesn't speak up, people will say she's being too safe. Either way, she'll be screwed. That probably explains why she chose to keep her mouth shut.

I hope Goncharova play outside Russia next season, but I think she is so stubborn and will probably end her career without the chance of playing overseas.

• If even an Irish politician is talking about it then this is not an excuse it is a fact.

👏👏

• No wonder Biden chose Kamala Harris as his VP. She makes Biden seem unimpeachable with her grade 3-level speeches.

:gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Russia will always lose the propaganda war in the West, that's a given. I find this quote of Putin really telling and relevant: “What use to us is a world without Russia?

• https://www.veteranstoday.com/…rd-of-mass-murder-deceit/

Putin details the transgressions of the West to other countries and Russia, the views coming from no less than the Russian president himself. Not sure if this speech/interview was reported anywhere in Western mainstream media.

• https://www.veteranstoday.com/…rd-of-mass-murder-deceit/

Putin details the transgressions of the West to other countries and Russia, the views coming from no less than the Russian president himself. Not sure if this speech/interview was reported anywhere in Western mainstream media.

He’s right in a lot of what he says here but the fact that the US (and some NATO allies) did terrible things in other countries isn’t at all a justification for Russia to do the same to Ukraine. He talks about broken promises from NATO but the biggest broken promise I see is the Budapest Memorandum.

What’s been happening in the Donbas is horrible and Ukraine isn’t blameless in that conflict but to call it “genocide” is, as far as I can tell, totally incorrect. Similarly, although I agree that Ukraine has an issue with right-wing extremism, to act like “Nazis” are running the country is a blatant falsehood and sounds like a man looking for excuses.

The idea that NATO is a threat to the very existence of the Russian state - again, I don’t see it. In fact, by attacking neighbouring countries, Putin is actually encouraging NATO expansion as other countries like Sweden and Finland seek security. Anyway, what is NATO actually going to do to Russia? If this invasion has proved anything it’s that NATO is terrified of a military conflict with Russia, though that was obvious anyway.

So, while I do think there’s a large amount of hypocrisy going on in the West right now and don’t doubt that much of the media coverage I get has been biased against Russia, I still fail to see anything approaching a real justification for this invasion.

• This is a war between America and Russia, and unfortunately Ukraine is just a collateral damage for USA.

Putin is seen as a political genius by some people but this attempt to invade Russia proves that he is just another Impulsive angry man who can be manipulated and triggered easily.

NATO has started to loose its appeal in recent years: Macron calling NATO brain-dead, Germany improving its relationships with Russia with expansion of Nord Stream 2, none of NATO countries spending as much military expenses as USA asks from them etc. These all were too concerning for USA, that's why they needed to create a common enemy again. By triggering Russia by interfering Ukraine's internal affairs, supporting the coup, offering to Ukraine NATO memberships (although USA promised that he wouldn't expand in neighboring countries of Russia in previous international agreements)

At the end, USA played its cards well, and Putin took the bait and invaded Ukraine. And what happened:

1. NATO's popularity increased drastically. More and more countries want to join to NATO (Georgia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sweden, Finland, Ireland, Moldova and Serbia)

2. NATO member countries finally increased the amount of military budgets, which was something USA complained about for a long time. (Germany commits €100 billion to defense spending after Putin's attacks)

3. USA has all the excuses to impose ANY sanctions to their only competitor. Now countries are racing each other to introduce a new sanction to Russia every day. This situation gives competitive edge to USA pretty much in every trade field.

Again, Russia couldn't be more wrong by invading a sovereign country. But I hope people would see a bit more than the surface of the iceberg which Western media is imposing non-stop.

I just want you to imagine, what would be USA's reaction if Mexico would decide to join Russia with a military pact of which only reason to its existence is 'to defend' the world against Russia. Do you think in that case, USA wouldn't have invaded Mexico? Just like they did in Iraq with false claims of massive chemical weapons?

Putin was stupid by taking the bait. Now Russia is lonelier than ever. Russian civiilians will suffer a lot due to sanctions and hatred growing towards them all over the world. Europe will face many economical problems themselves due to high inflation and massive immigration wave from Ukraine.

Can you guess who would benefit the most out of this conflict now?

• NATO has started to loose its appeal in recent years: Macron calling NATO brain-dead, Germany improving its relationships with Russia with expansion of Nord Stream 2, none of NATO countries spending as much military expenses as USA asks from them etc. These all were too concerning for USA, that's why they needed to create a common enemy again. By triggering Russia by interfering Ukraine's internal affairs, supporting the coup, offering to Ukraine NATO memberships (although USA promised that he wouldn't expand in neighboring countries of Russia in previous international agreements)

This theory makes some sense and could have happened as both the USA and Russia would love to extent their sphere of influence as far as possible but I’ve seen little evidence to actually support it, so it’s still just a theory. I’d say there’s more evidence that Russia was the one interfering in Ukraine’s internal affairs but perhaps the US is just more subtle about it.

I’m interested to know what the US actually did to support the revolution (not a coup). Again, I’m not saying it didn’t happen but we can only speculate about the sneaky things they and their CIA get up to. Maybe I can only see the tip of the iceberg but until someone shows me some decent evidence that there’s more to it, I don’t see the point in guessing at what might be underneath.

• Russia invading Ukraine is a Psy-Op, they are not carpet bombing civilians and public infrastructure, they are only targeting Neo-Nazi military locations, but this scum are using civilians as human shields. Part of why this "invasion" is looking drawn out, is because Russia is securing locations for civilians to safely exit, and, they are actually "encircling" these cities and forming a 'military cauldron' (look up the definition), in the hopes of the Ukranian Neo-nazis to surrender. Don't believe the mainstream news Russia is losing the war in Ukraine, in fact it is the very opposite. China aiding Russia for military aid? For what? Russia supplies arms to China, this is another bogus story from the West.

• Putin was stupid by taking the bait. Now Russia is lonelier than ever. Russian civiilians will suffer a lot due to sanctions and hatred growing towards them all over the world. Europe will face many economical problems themselves due to high inflation and massive immigration wave from Ukraine.

Can you guess who would benefit the most out of this conflict now?

Sanctions will hurt Russia in the short-term yes, but in the long-term this will hurt the the USA more. The death of the Petrodollar might be sooner than previously thought.