Politics and social issues

• It's very shocking, did he state his motive yet?

So far there are only vague statements. But Kyodo News reported that when the police raided Yamagami's apartment it was filled with explosives. They believe he may be part of an online extremist movement that authorities have already been alerted about a year ago.

• Yamagami had hatred towards a certain group and assumed that Abe had a connection with this group, police said. Police declined to share details about this group. Source

One more detail: Nara police found out about Abe coming yesterday evening, so security was prepared last minute.

• Yamagami had hatred towards a certain group and assumed that Abe had a connection with this group, police said. Police declined to share details about this group. Source

One more detail: Nara police found out about Abe coming yesterday evening, so security was prepared last minute.

the answer for the group is very simple.

https://medium.com/japonica-pu…ation-church-d7a627b6fbd5

• With the incoming world food crisis, I think 2023 will have some geo-political event that will make Russia's invaion of Ukraine look pale in comparison.

• With the incoming world food crisis, I think 2023 will have some geo-political event that will make Russia's invaion of Ukraine look pale in comparison.

food has doubled in price where I live at certain stores. Can't imagine what it's like for developing world.

• No need to worry as far as another war goes. Without going into specifics or who is to blame for what, we are too impotent both militarily and politically to go to war with anyone, even if we wanted to, and Kosovo knows they can't outright start one without losing their "good guy" image and support of Europe. These are just maneuvers and testing of waters, to see what advantages could be gained in the current geopolitical situation (post Ukraine war).

• Speaking of English monarchs, what are the odds that the new one will die with the crown still on his head? Could be some scandal or combination of several scandals, general baggage back from Princess Di era or a coup by his much more popular son...if you were a major betting site, what odds would you guys give?

• Speaking of English monarchs, what are the odds that the new one will die with the crown still on his head? Could be some scandal or combination of several scandals, general baggage back from Princess Di era or a coup by his much more popular son...if you were a major betting site, what odds would you guys give?

Same odds that usa wins women's world championship this year

• Yeah, it looks like he broke his contract in China.

After seeing what Brittney Griner goes through, I personally would have refrained from going to Russia. But after all, Matt is a white, allegedly straight cis man so he won’t face the same discrimination and injustice.

It's so ridiculors to think like that. Brittney Griner possessed cannabis oil which is illegal in Russia. This case has nothing to do with race, sexual orientation. She was arrested prior to the war even started. The West claimed Russia held her as leverage which was completely wrong.

• the West claimed Russia held her as leverage which was completely wrong.

Yeah, that's why she was sentenced for 9 years in penal colony for minor amount of cannabis oil, it has nothing in relation to current political situation from the past few years, lol.

I personally would have refrained from going to Russia. But after all, Matt is a white, allegedly straight cis man so he won’t face the same discrimination and injustice.

Sirci after last season said that Anderson is sooo expensive because he's used to Russian salaries, so if he wants to earn such a big salary he has to either play in Asia or in Russia, and from Paris perspective, it's much better for him to play in top3 European leagues like Superliga. So it's not like he has some choice if he wants to compete on a serious level, other than Zenit.

• Yeah, that's why she was sentenced for 9 years in penal colony for minor amount of cannabis oil, it has nothing in relation to current political situation from the past few years, lol.

You can be sentenced to death with little process of illegal drug in Asia. It depends on the local laws. Repect and learn the local laws before you enter the country.

• You can be sentenced to death with little process of illegal drug in Asia. It depends on the local laws. Repect and learn the local laws before you enter the country.

This is off topic, but per Russian legislation up to 6 grams is only an administrative offense (a fine), not criminal offense, and she had less than a gram so yeah a 9 years sentence it's not a political thing whatsoever :whistle:

• This is off topic, but per Russian legislation up to 6 grams is only an administrative offense (a fine), not criminal offense, and she had less than a gram so yeah a 9 years sentence it's not a political thing whatsoever :whistle:

Yes, it's off topic.

Let's Russian users to answer this question. I don't want to quote wikipedia page as a source which said what you wrote and saying Russia changed the law in 2006. When I look at the source, it's from English webiste quoting an Russia law (writtin in English) in 1996 ( with lots of amendments throughout lots of timelines).

Also, her wikipedia page didn't even includ how many charges she was facing. I'm pretty sure she's not charged with drug possession only. That's why I don't see Wikipedia as a reliable source.

• Posts moved. Remember that it's possible to quote someone and respond to them in another thread, avoiding off topics