Politics and social issues

• catholic churches has been Political neutral.

I'm not sure where exactly you live in Brazil, but where I live this is not true at all. It's far from being true.

• I AM from the part of Brazil that blow UP the Bolsonaro's lead.

I can catch on internet a thousands of sources talking about others religions aligment with Bolsonaro but none of tem aré from Cathólic churches! Show your sources!

• If Cathólic churches hAd an aligment we wouldnt have a Second round!

• Cathólic churches are way more than a bunch of ppl.

• Code
    1. in recent years, pastors with large numbers of faithful have become politically military, including launching candidacies and officially supporting certain candidates.
    2. On the other hand, the Catholic Church, in recent decades, has been more restrained in endorsing candidates and has rules that restrict the launch of candidacies by its priests.
  • If Cathólic Churches were supporting Bolsonaro the election would bê already finished.

• As long as all of us and these kinds of people exist there is hope ✊ head up high guys, we are not about to lose the mental game against ignorant fools.

• Some Ppl Just want to be respected without showing some respect to others ppl.

:offtopic: for me.

• I don't even feel like writing much about the elections lol Can't even get excited for the WCH too (not that I was watching much anyway). Bolsonaro might lose in the end, but his supporters are stronger than ever, so Lula winning would be bittersweet regardless. We're knee deep in fascism and truth be told, our population consists of a lot of really horrible people and I can't see a light at the end of the tunnel. The whole situation is just hopeless.

I can relate to this a lot, except our battle has already ended here in the Philippines. 100 days in his office, and President Marcos has only been partying non-stop (recently watching an F1 race in Singapore). Doing this while our country just recently experienced a destructive typhoon and a massive increase in prices for basic commodities and other goods. And despite all of this, his supporters are stronger than ever. Fascism reared its ugly head on the internet and bred these cult-like supporters, fed with fake news 24/7.

" catholic churches " R U sure about it?

In my country though, a large majority of Catholic churches have been pretty vocal about calling out President Marcos and the Duterte clan, so in that sense, they've been quite "left-leaning" here (despite their anti-abortion and divorce stand). The evangelicals though and other Christian sects like our local cult (INC) have openly endorsed Marcos and his cronies running in politics. :gone:

• Putin escalated these past few days and striked important infrastructure in various cities in Ukraine.. I don't think the Russians can participate even in 2024 :gone:

• Putin escalated these past few days and striked important infrastructure in various cities in Ukraine.. I don't think the Russians can participate even in 2024 :gone:

snowballs chance in hell. IOC head trying to go Russia could still participate, please.

• They are out until war continues. Almost all nations don't want to play with them so case is simple.

USA detonated two atomic bombs over the Japanese cities ( Hiroshima and Nagasaki) and isn't Japan playing against USA now ? Sport is a powerful political tool and I think that everything in politics will be solved in a different way. It all depends on how strong the country is. Era of unipolar world order comes to an end. Euro/dollar hegemony is gradually rreceding. China is quiet rn but I think they will show themselves soon.

I know it's off topic and mods can move this to political thread

I haven't been on the site for a long time, but reading comments like these, I realized that I didn't lose anything. People who think it's OK to exclude athletes, because of politics, impoverished in body and soul. I can understand if exceptions would apply to everyone, since this is correct, but no.

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi!

Sheer hypocrisy, even makes me sick. I don't plan to watch the Olympics without Russian teams. The Olympics already turned into a farce when it began to get into politics, and now even more so, a pathetic sight.

life will put everything in its place ;))

• USA detonated two atomic bombs over the Japanese cities ( Hiroshima and Nagasaki) and isn't Japan playing against USA now ?

That was during WWII tf. Has USA bombed Japan since? Have they mass murdered citizens in Japan since? Has USA done anything to Japan like declare war after that? Is USA in their country right now bombing the fuck out of Japan and stealing any of their land?

• Is USA in their country right now bombing the fuck out of Japan and stealing any of their land?

Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, California etc. They don't need to steal land from Japan because they don't have borders with Japan. Otoh, Japan is in their hands.

That was during WWII tf. Has USA bombed Japan since? Have they mass murdered citizens in Japan since? Has USA done anything to Japan like declare war after that? Is USA in their country right now bombing the fuck out of Japan and stealing any of their land?

I don't want to go into details but you know the war in Vietnam, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan. They were strong side and that's why they weren't questioned. What I want to say is that now the strong and victorious side won't be questioned too. He said " almost all nations don't want to play with them" and I wanted to correct him " it is not all, Western countries not the whole world, the whole world is much bigger than them (even in those countries many pro-Russia immigrants from Africa and Asia)". I also want to add " didn't countries play against USSR during the Soviet era in 1960s, 1970s, 1980s etc? His country did play against USSR bcz USSR was strong side too. The countries that don't want to play against Russia today have to talk or agree with Russia sooner or later bcz era of unipolar world comes to end, you like it or not, it's what it is. I repeat China is quiet rn but China and other countries will show themselves too. Ofc, we are not solving anything here but I believe politicians will do it sooner or later. I'm sure time and/life will put everything in its place.

• But the fact is that Russia invaded independent country without any reason, and the whole world is against them. So we won’t see them at the international scene anytime soon :win: and they should be banned considering all those doping scandals