Politics and social issues

• But the fact is that Russia invaded independent country without any reason, and the whole world is against them. So we won’t see them at the international scene anytime soon :win: and they should be banned considering all those doping scandals

Amen.

They even drug their teenage athletes just like last year's Olympics.

• Despite the media telling you otherwise, Ukraine is heavily losing this war. This is a proxy war for the US and the West against Russia and the sad thing is Ukranians are just cannon fodder. US and its allies don't give a sh*t to a single Ukranian. US hegemony will end soon, and a multi polar world order is on the horizon.

• Like when y'all act like invasion is a Russia exclusive thing (even in this era) do you realize how delusional you are being? :rolll:

Of course this is just a proxy war for the west. Even the current Ukrainian president was appointed just to go to war with Russia eventually, why else would he be investing all his money on arms, drones, army when he could spend it on other things like on his non-existent economical plans.

I'm not even defending Russia, Putin has got to go, had to go a long time ago... But you can't solve an issue by sticking to your own narrative of it rather than trying to understand the greater picture. The western media is some of the least free media out there and you wish I was joking :gone: In many corrupt ''eastern'' countries a large part of the people at least have a clue they're being brainwashed, this is not the case in the west and that's a danger.

• I'm not even defending Russia, Putin has got to go, had to go a long time ago... But you can't solve an issue by sticking to your own narrative of it rather than trying to understand the greater picture. The western media is some of the least free media out there and you wish I was joking :gone: In many corrupt ''eastern'' countries a large part of the people at least have a clue they're being brainwashed, this is not the case in the west and that's a danger.

Unfortunately, you are completely right here. Couldn't have said it better myself, but also I really wish that you were wrong.:lol:;(

• I'm not even defending Russia, Putin has got to go, had to go a long time ago... But you can't solve an issue by sticking to your own narrative of it rather than trying to understand the greater picture. The western media is some of the least free media out there and you wish I was joking :gone: In many corrupt ''eastern'' countries a large part of the people at least have a clue they're being brainwashed, this is not the case in the west and that's a danger.

Literally Amen, someone had to say this.

• When Edward Bernays, widely considered the father of propaganda (as an academic field of study) tried to illustrate to the general public in his seminal book Propaganda in 1928 what is propaganda and how it works, he brought forward as a case study not Pravda or some Imperial Japanese publication, but New York Times.

• Like when y'all act like invasion is a Russia exclusive thing (even in this era) do you realize how delusional you are being? :rolll:

Of course this is just a proxy war for the west. Even the current Ukrainian president was appointed just to go to war with Russia eventually, why else would he be investing all his money on arms, drones, army when he could spend it on other things like on his non-existent economical plans.

I'm not even defending Russia, Putin has got to go, had to go a long time ago... But you can't solve an issue by sticking to your own narrative of it rather than trying to understand the greater picture. The western media is some of the least free media out there and you wish I was joking :gone: In many corrupt ''eastern'' countries a large part of the people at least have a clue they're being brainwashed, this is not the case in the west and that's a danger.

I agree, and it's unfair they are banned, but I just don't think that Russia not being allowed to participate means the medals are valued less.

• I think Russia should be banned from all sports activities and whatever until their sports people are brave enough to open their mouths to criticise their dictators. You can say a thousand bad things about western world, but you don't get punished in a weird way just because you criticise a western leader, including Trump. When Russian citizens understand that this crazy mess is effecting their daily lives, then I am sure they will start to raise their voice, which should happen in a democracy. I hope sports people will take the lead in this, so far all the russians I met are either too afraid to talk about politics or too apoliticised and have no clue what to talk about. These two are the typical conditions dictators would like to enforce.

When it comes to proxy war or whatever. Ukrainians voted, elected a leader who promised them EU etc (I think he got around 70% of votes). Invading such a country simply means, "we will take over you and forcefully try to change each of your opinions". I believe this is working exactly the other way around so far. If western countries wanted to assimilate Ukraine from Russia, they could not do it so quickly. But thanks to Putin and all the war crimes, hate towards Russia has reached to another level in Ukraine. Invade it all if you can, question is, how will you control all those 40 millions of people hating you?

• Despite the media telling you otherwise, Ukraine is heavily losing this war.

Which media are saying that Ukraine is winning? I didn't see any article/news saying they are. We all know that russians are still on their (Ukrainian) territory.

• Which media are saying that Ukraine is winning? I didn't see any article/news saying they are. We all know that russians are still on their territory.

And also what is winning and losing in a war?

Russia had to escape from a majority of lands they invaded in the beginning of the war. They aimed for Kiev, aiming for taking down Zelensky government. Are these goals achieved? No! Should we say Russia lost heavily? The amount of land Russia had to escape during the last 3-4 months mean a lot, lets see what will happen in spring again.

• And also what is winning and losing in a war?

Winning = achieving the strategic objectives one set out to accomplish.

To my knowledge, the stated/unstated goals of moscow were

1) "denazification" of ukraine

2) creation of a neutral or russian-friendly government in kiev

3) protection of the russian-speaking residents in eastern ukraine

(2) definitely did not happen by any standard.

• Which media are saying that Ukraine is winning? I didn't see any article/news saying they are. We all know that russians are still on their (Ukrainian) territory.

I'm in the US and I get news recommendations about the war from time to time and they all say Ukraine is winning.

Despite what they say I also know Russia's presence is still strong there.

• 3) protection of the russian-speaking residents in eastern ukraine

lol Is that why they had to leave the country and go to western europe? I know many examples of russian-speaking people from east Ukraine who had to leave, not to mention that their cities were destroyed. If that's protection, then they did it well

• I think Russia should be banned from all sports activities and whatever until their sports people are brave enough to open their mouths to criticise their dictators. You can say a thousand bad things about western world, but you don't get punished in a weird way just because you criticise a western leader, including Trump.

Didn't they lock up people that were speaking against the queen in the UK, you know the colonizer royal family who stole billions from several continents and build their wealth on enslaving people who are still glorified to this day by the country, that have neither apologized for what they did nor returned the tons of stolen artifacts, jewelry etc. worth billions as I said. Many of these countries also still hold economical monopoly in several of these "freed" countries.

I don't know all Russian sports players as I don't follow everyone naturally, but I actually remember a super big tennis player (Rublev?) writing "no to war" on the camera post one of his matches, I remember our own Gamova making a statement as well.

Sorry but this is classic example of how western media desensitizes its own crimes and demonizes another group to their population. So much so that we think we're free to assume the worst.

Like my statement at least was not pro-Russia that's not my point and it's annoying how making any statement against the wests approach or Ukraines approach turns you into a Russian puppet instantly, witch hunt. Sorry but like I said as soon as Zelensky got in office he was preparing for war and pressuring the Russian ethnic population. Some things I can't ignore for the sake of seeking for hollywood-esque hero story that simply doesn't exist irl.

• I won't write on thus anymore since this is a volleyball forum and I dont expect people to get it. But I want everyone to know my standpoint that I am with Ukrainians! Slava Ukraini!

also death to #whataboutism!

• Sure let's raise our Ukrainian flags and ignore everything resulting to the war and many more around the world!

Slava 🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦

That'll fix everything.

You still couldn't disprove everything I said which you can call whataboutism and call it a day but it's a direct response to what you wrote doesnt happen in the west or Russia 😂

• I have to say the war glorification is the most disgusting thing to come out of this war and being forced on us. "Slava 🇺🇦 you can beat 🇷🇺"

Like this isn't like playing Football Manager 2007 it's about life's.