Politics and social issues

• Wars and victories were always about marketing, throughout the entire history. This is not new. Almost always, history books were written, declaring the winner the right side.

Good that you mentioned the Tatars of Crimea btw. A very good example of how Russians worked under Soviet Union. That's also what I mean that language, ethnicity etc are not enough. Only solution is to make a proper referandum, asking people what they want and there they can consider which is more important to them, language, ethnicity or ideology.

I criticise western world a lot when it comes to what they did in Africa for example and today demanding sustainable solutions in the continent, which is like a joke. I also believe west should pay for the harm they did there. But these don't justify what Russia is doing. To me, Russian government is violent and raping a country's freedom and nothing that the western world did can justify or excuse what Russia is doing today.

I agree with everything said here and the rest of your post, which is why I don't consider myself pro-West, pro-EU or pro-Russia. But only anti-war.

• I agree with everything said here and the rest of your post, which is why I don't consider myself pro-West, pro-EU or pro-Russia. But only anti-war.

Well I am not a war supporter either. In my ideal world, Ukrainians would simply join EU because they voted for a person that promised that. We don't know how this would end (in my opinion it would end up very good for them), however if this could be achieved without war, I would love it.

Problem is, for Russia this was always a very dangerous situation. Having one of the strongest Soviet allies joining the western world, improving their economy and wealth would create a bad example for other satellite countries of ex Soviet union, meaning more troubles for Russia in future. So to me, these are all clear but still don't justify Russian invasion. I wish they had a better government, caring more about their citizens economy and well being, giving them freedom, focusing on science etc. But the type of government they have today feeds on propoganda, war, violance and fake victories. I know this from Erdogan and Putin is not different.

• Check also what Beri wrote to see how absurd this is. Let me invade a place, change the population and then give it to someone and then ask it back...

this "me" is 3 different states.

In general, I don't support separatist movements and I've made my position clear in my earlier comment, that is, if a state recognized certain international borders they should stick with it.

• Well I am not a war supporter either. In my ideal world, Ukrainians would simply join EU because they voted for a person that promised that. We don't know how this would end (in my opinion it would end up very good for them), however if this could be achieved without war, I would love it.

Problem is, for Russia this was always a very dangerous situation. Having one of the strongest Soviet allies joining the western world, improving their economy and wealth would create a bad example for other satellite countries of ex Soviet union, meaning more troubles for Russia in future. So to me, these are all clear but still don't justify Russian invasion. I wish they had a better government, caring more about their citizens economy and well being, giving them freedom, focusing on science etc. But the type of government they have today feeds on propoganda, war, violance and fake victories. I know this from Erdogan and Putin is not different.

I have to agree with others that Ukraine won't make the EU and imo never was going to. To me this part of how this proxy war worked. With the empty EU/NATO promises.

The Russian perspective here is that Ukraine as their old ally and neighbour shouldn't be joining a military alliance that was made against Russia aka one they consider a threat to their own sovereignty and safety, right on their border. Which is not a crazy take honestly, them starting a war over it clearly is I agree with that. But to me this all seems planned by all major sides really making it a proxy war in my eyes. Russia is crazy for starting the war, I don't buy the west acting like it isn't what they wanted though.

• So there are people dying while the whole world basically watching and we all blame each other or how we want to see an x player playing since this is a volleyball forum. Nice. By the way, If I were dying, I wouldn’t fucking care your justification for the war or who you think is the real responsible or whatever. Fuck right or left. Fuck western or eastern or whatever. I am fucking disappointed.

• I have to agree with others that Ukraine won't make the EU and imo never was going to. To me this part of how this proxy war worked. With the empty EU/NATO promises.

The Russian perspective here is that Ukraine as their old ally and neighbour shouldn't be joining a military alliance that was made against Russia aka one they consider a threat to their own sovereignty and safety, right on their border. Which is not a crazy take honestly, them starting a war over it clearly is I agree with that. But to me this all seems planned by all major sides really making it a proxy war in my eyes. Russia is crazy for starting the war, I don't buy the west acting like it isn't what they wanted though.

I don't agree this. I think Ukraine's EU journey would be quick, same would be with Georgia for example. Turkey suffered from promises from EU but that's a whole another story where Cyprus, Greece and even Armenia is involved. With Ukraine, there were not such disputes, they had a solid labour force which were well educated and young and that is all EU needed, as well as a whole new market of 40 million people. Besides all, Ukrainians and Zelensky seemed ready to take the legal actions to reduce corruption to a minimum, getting rid of oligarchs. But these won't happen anymore, unless Ukraine can secure its borders.

• The best player in the world wants you to vote for Lula. What are you waiting for?

Fe5Fl6jXoAQVM6V?format=jpg&name=medium

And yeah, you best believe I've been waiting to use that photo for 10 days.:lol:

• The best player in the world wants you to vote for Lula. What are you waiting for?

Fe5Fl6jXoAQVM6V?format=jpg&name=medium

And yeah, you best believe I've been waiting to use that photo for 10 days.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• This doesn't look good...:white:=O

• This doesn't look good...:white:=O

Don't worry Lula will win eventually I think still, probably comfortably, they open the results in the pro-Bolsonaro regions first so it looks better on the dictator and increases their chances of rigging. :rolll:

I know this because the same happens in Turkiye lmao, it starts with Erdogans party having a huge lead and they can still end up losing it like in the local elections in all the big cities.

• Don't worry Lula will win eventually I think still, probably comfortably, they open the results in the pro-Bolsonaro regions first so it looks better on the dictator and increases their chances of rigging. :rolll:

I know this because the same happens in Turkiye lmao, it starts with Erdogans party having a huge lead and they can still end up losing it like in the local elections in all the big cities.

From now on, I'll just ask you whenever I have something important to decide in life, B. And though I kid, I also mean it as a compliment.:obey:

• Lula officially passed Bolsonaro, historic moment for Brazilians and seeing how similar this country can be to mine and how I feel the world really influences one another more and more these days than we think, I consider it a global victory :saint::super:

I know many Brazilians will be mad at the millions voting for this president but my advice would be to not even worry about it, focus on improving day by day from here and avoiding a similar scenario to resurface, realistically removing a dictator democratically ain't an easy task and you accomplished it, that's all you need to be able to celebrate for now ^^

• I know many Brazilians will be mad at the millions voting for this president but my advice would be to not even worry about it, focus on improving day by day from here and avoiding a similar scenario to resurface, realistically removing a dictator democratically ain't an easy task and you accomplished it

This, but I also want to add that first, before celebrating, we must first make sure that dictator will accept the results and walk away, which is far from certainty. Unlike Trump, this guy actually has the support of the military.

• I think that not a single person on this forum supports Russia's war against Ukraine and I have heard among many people that the Russians are murderers and such generalizations are disgusting.

Putin is simply a murderer, because of him people are dying in this war and the Russians have a very difficult life because of this and the hatred towards ordinary people has just grown to its peak and it pisses me off. I am glad that I am Turkish and I do not have to experience this hatred because of my nationality.

Many Russians do not support this war but are afraid to talk about it :|

• Lula 50.6%

Bolsonaro 49.4%

Looks like Lula will win the election 😛

• Lula 50.6%

Bolsonaro 49.4%

Looks like Lula will win the election 😛

Do you know how the votes are counted?

(I don't mean the allegations of a rigged election, more like asking if it's simply whoever gets more votes wins or if there's a electoral college/riding system and the ridings themselves are counted)

• Do you know how the votes are counted?

(I don't mean the allegations of a rigged election, more like asking if it's simply whoever gets more votes wins or if there's a electoral college/riding system and the ridings themselves are counted)

I think the one who gets the most votes wins saishuu

• Do you know how the votes are counted?

Who has more votes wins. In no other country in the world except USA does electoral college choose a president/head of state.