Volleyball Thailand League 2020-2021

• Thanacha is playing OH? Did she play MB before? For some reason I have this image in my head of her playing MB with PFU last year, although she didn't play much :/

And for my own edification, when you say "original OP" position, do mean nothing more than non-receiving OH or do you mean "hits primarily from the right side of the court"?

She played as a wing spiker during her PFU stint. She had little court time, but always wing spiker and not MB.

She started as an OP when she first got to the youth national teams, then was switched to OH and pretty much kinda stuck there for awhile and then switched back to OH and back to OP etc. I think it was the 2017 u23 WCH in Slovenia that she made 31 points as an OP. For making 31 points, even though it was a youth tourney, should tell you something (lol) and she doesn't hit and look quite like a flexible OH usually does. I mean she can still score from the left, but right side might be her calling instead. She does receive decently and is a good back court defender as well, so I guess she will play whatever position when needed just like the other girls on the NT.

You can see a bit of her HL from this video, she is the last person featured among the top 5 players from this past weekend.

• You can see a bit of her HL from this video, she is the last person featured among the top 5 players from this past weekend

That's cool. Geez she barely looks familiar. I didn't watch enough PFU last year

• Im watching some HL from the men's division and there are a few young stand out players that should be included in the Men NT training camp if they aren't already. Korat has Thanat, Prince has Pitak and Phitsanulok has Kittithad. I hope to see all 3 of those young men on the NT soon or better yet, just let them play during the next SEA game this fall/winter. Kitsada and Anut can go or get demoted if you ask me :/both are pretty useless:rolll:

• Thailand needs to step up their men’s NT. That defeat to Philippines was so painful. Thai NT needs some young & fresh talent - like the Philippines.

Yeah it was and humiliating for them too. 😆 the gold medal defender lost to a team that hasn't made any podium finish in 4 decades 😳. But they did it to themselves, not using their main scoring OP and underestimated the ambitious younger host team.

Doesn't help that their coach doesn't seem to be up to date with modern volleyball either. THA has many good players, but lack good trainers and guidance.

Hopefully they took the lost as a wake up call of some sort. Because Vietnam, as host are pretty ambitious this year for SEA games too. Bringing in a cuban coach for women and a Chinese coach for the men's team.

The 3 im talking about

• Where was Jiraiya? Wasn't he available or he already retired that time? I really don't understand how they lost because I didn't follow the men's team as much. What happened to the Thai NT that year?

jirayu pretty much retired after the 2018 Asian games in Indonesia. Funny thing, they also lost to the host(Indonesia) in a 5 setter too that time. lol

simple, not taking the host team seriously, get your butt kicked by a more ambitious team that desperately wanted some kind of podium finish....on a serious note though, I think bad coaching, wrong player choices and lack of a good tactics/techniques caused them their lost. SEA games 2021 is coming up at the end of the year, let's see if Philippines or the host team can pulled an upset this time too.

• jirayu pretty much retired after the 2018 Asian games in Indonesia. Funny thing, they also lost to the host(Indonesia) in a 5 setter too that time. lol

simple, not taking the host team seriously, get your butt kicked by a more ambitious team that desperately wanted some kind of podium finish....on a serious note though, I think bad coaching, wrong player choices and lack of a good tactics/techniques caused them their lost. SEA games 2021 is coming up at the end of the year, let's see if Philippines or the host team can pulled an upset this time too.

Who were the players that don't deserve to be there in your opinion? As far as I can remember, the OHs were not impactable during the match, And having heavy hitters like Bagunas and Espejo on the other side of the net, Thai didn't do anything to stop them.

• Who were the players that don't deserve to be there in your opinion? As far as I can remember, the OHs were not impactable during the match, And having heavy hitters like Bagunas and Espejo on the other side of the net, Thai didn't do anything to stop them.

for OHs, I would take out Kitsada and Anut. The latter is a lot younger than the first mentioned, although he has a strong swing, it's slow and easily blocked. Kitsada, don't know what happened to him, but he doesn't jump and hit like how he used to when he was younger.

MBs, take out Kittinon and Anchit, while kittinon is fast and can block, he is a bit short and the second person, he is just slow.

OPs, would take out the right hand hitter. He is a heavy hitter, but he can't jump or very smart.

I think if Thailand gets a good or even decent foreign coach like Taiwan did, I think they have potential to be a lot more successful and maybe even get a chance at global level like their women's team.

Hopefully some new faces show up on the NT this year.

• so basically 80% of the starting 6 needed to go. 😂 I was wondering why they can’t achieve the same level as their female counterpart in Asia. Don’t Thai men’s NT have big investment? How about the women’s?

• so basically 80% of the starting 6 needed to go. 😂

sad, but true :rolll:

I'll leave it to ONJ to elaborate on the investment part.

Btw, do you know about the 2 Brazilian men playing in the thai league for Diamond food VC? One is a setter(Andre Luiz Queiroz) and the other is an OH(Luiz Felipe Ferreria Perotto). The OH has been playing for a few season in Thailand, but different clubs.

I guess Thailand must just love Brazilian foreigners 😆 . Many have played for both men and women's division. Onuma even dated one of those Brazilian players at one point 😆

• I am not really familiar with players outside of the main NT. 😩

Has any player from Thai play outside of Thailand, other than the golden girls?

• I am not really familiar with players outside of the main NT. 😩

Has any player from Thai play outside of Thailand, other than the golden girls?

All whom played outside of Thailand at one point were pretty much either former or current NT players.

So yes, quite a few of them has. Mostly have been in the SEA regions, but also includes Japan, khazakastan and Germany. The one that played in Germany for a few seasons was the main libero before Piyanut.

• All whom played outside of Thailand at one point were pretty much either former or current NT players.

So yes, quite a few of them has. Mostly have been in the SEA regions, but also includes Japan, khazakastan and Germany. The one that played in Germany for a few seasons was the main libero before Piyanut.

Tomkom has the best resume among them right.

Has Miss Tomkom grace any team with her presence on the league or is she still sitting on her throne waiting?